Fire And Ice.

Tarragon

I've heard that Kaeris and Rasputina have a good amount of synergy together, and both their models look (I think) amazing.

I still want a FireFrost crew (As I call them), but how has the tactica for a Kaeris/Raspy joint crew changed since the new book?

funnier,

you can spam gamins, use your ice gamins to buff raspy and for some melee protection, and use fire gamins as walking bombs to rush forward and to give some burning counters to enemy models,

raspy nukes them, and kaeris helps the nuking,

and don't forget, kaeris can overload an ice gamin and still get the shatter. dealing damage and giving burning tokens (kinda the same as a fire gamin)

Yeah, we'll see if Kaeris' card gets updated at all on Overpower. Right now, it's freakin awesome with either the Fire Gamin or the Ice Gamin, because it 'kills' the target model, allowing stuff like Shatter to still work.

I really like the Raspy/Kaeris combo for board control though. Ice Pillars + Fire Pillars = CRAZY board control. IMO, they are nearly broken if the opponent has Supply Wagon. Good luck getting your Wagon to the middle, LOL.

Yeah, we'll see if Kaeris' card gets updated at all on Overpower. Right now, it's freakin awesome with either the Fire Gamin or the Ice Gamin, because it 'kills' the target model, allowing stuff like Shatter to still work.

I really like the Raspy/Kaeris combo for board control though. Ice Pillars + Fire Pillars = CRAZY board control. IMO, they are nearly broken if the opponent has Supply Wagon. Good luck getting your Wagon to the middle, LOL.

yeah, ice pillars + fire pillars, bottleneck effect, funnel them right where you want them to nuke the hell out of them :D

Now all you need to do is figure out how to use a showgirl in the list and it can be

A Song of Ice and Fire :)

Not gonna lie, I've been thinking of how feasible it would be to have a Colette/'Tina brawl with Kaeris in the list. I imagine that Colette would have to relegated to soulstone factory duty, though those doves could be pretty damn handy.

Not gonna lie, I've been thinking of how feasible it would be to have a Colette/'Tina brawl with Kaeris in the list. I imagine that Colette would have to relegated to soulstone factory duty, though those doves could be pretty damn handy.

Just remember when that list turns out to be highly competive(and maybe even OP)...I was the one who named it :)

So, perhaps a list like this?...

Arcanists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Rasputina -- 5 Pool

+ Rasputina, Avatar of Famine [2ss]

Essence of Power [2ss]

Kaeris [8ss]

Essence of Power [2ss]

Fire Gamin [4ss]

Fire Gamin [4ss]

Ice Gamin [4ss]

Ice Gamin [4ss]

Ice Gamin [4ss]

Silly question with these lists: There is no way of creating/summoning these gamins correct? It seems like everyone is very eager to sacrifice these little guys. I think they do better as a picket line (Ice Gamins) so Raspy can cast her spells through them and with a Silent One's North Wind....that will keep everyone away.

Kaeris does not have the ability to cast through her gamins correct?

Just remember when that list turns out to be highly competive(and maybe even OP)...I was the one who named it :)

Dunno if there's a chance of that. I think that the second Sonnia shows up, it's all over.

Still, though, lots of fun.

I worry about the number of ss that you'll go through...both Raspy and Kaeris seem to need them.

Hence Colette. She'd probably just be hanging out by herself, cranking out soulstones. Maybe, maybe one or two showgirls, but that's it.

Edited by GamerGaeth

So, perhaps a list like this?...

Rasputina -- 5 Pool

Essence of Power [2ss]

Kaeris [8ss]

Essence of Power [2ss]

Fire Gamin [4ss]

Fire Gamin [4ss]

Ice Gamin [4ss]

Ice Gamin [4ss]

Ice Gamin [4ss]

sorry for the late reply :D

first, why the second essence? only take the essence in kaeris and link it first to raspy and after that to kaeris

switch it, 3 fire gamin and 2 ice gamin, you can summon 1 or 2 ice gamin midgame. you will need more fire gamins, since they are they working machine for your kaeris, AND don't forget, ice queen: friendly models within 4" in think receive frozen heart, use the ice gamin as a shield and buff kaeris, fire gamin and raspy for the extra damage,

turn 1/2 shoot with the gamins, the blasts are realy usefull to hand out burning counters and +1 damage is always a good thing, and I'm not sure, but I'm quite sure accelerant receives a +1dg too since it is a damage flip.

that's what i would have in mind :)

so:

Rasputina -- 7 Pool

Kaeris [8ss]

Essence of Power [2ss]

Fire Gamin [4ss]

Fire Gamin [4ss]

fire Gamin [4ss]

Ice Gamin [4ss]

Ice Gamin [4ss]

you have your ss, and the second essence on kaeris is really important to link on raspy first turn, she needs it for her manifest requirement :)

Not as it concerns accelerant, though. I have to say, I'd be more in love with the concept excepting my absolute despising of Ice Gamins...and while there may be few different between the two types, the differences between Fire and Ice mean that I'd drop the ice ones entirely in favor of Silent Ones. Besides, Frozen Heart becomes a much less useful proposition for the Avatar of Famine anyway, as she loses all access to Ice Mirror herself. I do think, however, that if you're going to run Famine the Wendigo is a good choice, because it's a 2 point Graverobber giving her early access to summoning Ice Gamin...who, while I don't feel are worth the 4 SS cost, will be handy appearing midgame.