Help! - First 50ss of Guild

mythicFOX

I'm a new player with Lady J as my only master. I love running her with a Guardian at 25SS. I'd like to add Lucius to the list in higher point games but I'm worried about the Lady J sling shot. If you sling her out on turn 1 then you aren't going to have the Guardian for protection. If you wait longer wouldn't you be better off just moving her up the field normally?

Please enlighten me.

Looking at the wording its 'one additional soulstone in their soulstone pool at the start of the encounter for every two guild hounds hired", so for LJ you'd only need 8 for the max 8 stone pool in a scrap.

On the master front go with what you like, but I do prefer LJ for the melee oomph, I've manefested her avatar once out of two games so far and it really helped, with a general df of 4-5 for the crew the Mark of Balance: Crow really helps..

Love the Guardian for LJ, it really does help, especially combined with the Lucius slingshot, I do have a soft spot for the death marshalls and rarely have a game without at least 2, will be trying the stalkers more myself though, used them occasionally with varied results, need to make more of LJ's Combat Prowess to boost them, and other friendlys too

I dig Lady J, but I don't think she compares with Perdita for pure versatility. She can do just about anything alone. Also, if you're dependent upon Lady J being your big hitter and she Manifests...no more big hitter. I prefer using a crew that works well and then the Master being virtually solo.

Can't wait for the exorcist...will be boss against a lot more than undead.

This is based on a 35ss list that I've been messing with and has done really well against grow and filth lists.

Lady Justice

Lucias

Ryle

Lawyer

Guild Hound

Austringer x 2

Death Marshal x 2

I really like the lawyer's synergy with Lucias. Turn 1 he can be tossed out with Lucias to the middle of the board to prosecute or morale duel the linch pin of the opposing crew. Works really good against Nekima, Lelitu, Lelu or gremlins.

I recently found an Austringer, Nino, Francisco combo worked very nicely in a 30ss Lady J crew.

Put Francisco a bit ahead of the other two as he can be mean in close combat, if a little fragile, and offers some protection against any advancing enemy.

Activate Austringer, hit a target, deliver orders to Francisco who uses his family connection to Nino to activate Nino. With that many ranged attacks, particularly with Nino's Designated target and Trigger Happy, you can take out almost anything :-)

This.

Don't use Austringers. They're pants.

Sound, and in no way biased, advice from the gremlins player!

With you not wanting Miss Burninator I'd probably try out J and Lucius. I've not picked up book 3 for the new stuff so working from the first couple of books Lucius offers the best movement trickage and general support stuff. (imagine without the crew might feel a little straightforwards compared to what you're used to). J gives beatstick and buffage.

Plus, lets face it, eyes are the hardest part of painting a model, with Lady J you can avoid that all together, making her the best choice

I have yet to succeed in painting eyes. for now, I'm just ignoring them--I just don't have the fine control down yet. working on it...but it isn't there yet. but then, I've only been seriously painting miniatures for a month or two now.

In my limited experience, I'd definitely suggest getting the lady J box, and the Sonnia box. they mix and match well, and either the Death Martial or the Witchling Stalker is a good 4 point addition--not necessarily the best, but both are very flexible in tactical use, whereas most other 4 point models seem to fit best with one tactic or another. also, all the other models you get with those boxes are good too.

If your meta is resser heavy austringers might get a pass. Watchers are the best (single) model we have for objective capping. Nino to me is overated due to austringers (unless your running lady j then she needs 1-2 other models that cause target priority issues). Santiago is the most underated guild model on these forums. The judge or executioner are the viable combat compliments from a minion perspective I personally think the peacekeeper is a f'n waste. And pretty much the only totem I ever have a reason to run is the govenor's proxy ( I however wouldn't run him against dreamer however).

Sue will probably be the one mercenary worth buying when he comes out. If your meta is morale duel heavy the guard captain could warrant inclusion plus he isn't terrible as a countercharge model (fransico as well but both either aren't durable enough or have a pathetic move captain here to be front line fighters).