Malifaux Live Debate

Calmdown

As a byproduct of this thread, this idea has come about, so I figured I'd pick it up and run with it.

As a community, we all have very different ideas of what the game should and shouldn't be and lots of us agree or disagree with eachother. As such, we also often get into some 'forum scuffles' and I'm sure none of us are really as bad as we come across to eachother. The discussions we have are often very good, but we manage to mire ourselves in combat with eachother rather than continuing otherwise interesting discussions.

What I'd like to propose is that we set a date and spend a couple of hours having a live chat, with a proper discussion moderator, via some text chat and also voice chat. This would be open to any member of the community who wants to turn up, and hopefully lots of the outspoken and opinionated members of the community would do so. The idea would be to discuss the game as an interesting exercise on opinion, but also with a view to drawing ourselves up an 'agenda' of things that we think are worth talking about, which we could then use as topics in future chats. We'd probably have to run a couple of different sessions to fit all of the timezones in and give people from various areas a voice.

It would also be an interesting way for lots of people from around the world with very different stances on various things to get to know eachother in a less hostility-friendly environment :)

What do you think?

Sure, it's worth a try. Moderator would be hard to pick though. I don't see it being a good idea to be a Wyrd Employee (I think they'd do better participating) and it has to be someone everyone respects and won't inflame things.

Skype would probably work best but I =think= there is a limit to how many calls you can link up at once, don't know for sure. But we'd have to avoid text chat, as it will see many of the same issues you see via forum debate.

Edited by karn987

Sure, it's worth a try.

Skype would probably work best but I =think= there is a limit to how many calls you can link up at once, don't know for sure. But we'd have to avoid text chat, as it will see many of the same issues you see via forum debate.

Its kind of a broad assumption to make, but Steam might work too, I think you can do a group on there, and people without mics could still type.

Edit- the assumption being every has steam.

There's also Ventrillo. We just have to keep an eye out for Duke Nukem. ;)

Heh, I forgot Vent was still alive... we'd need someone with a channel/host set up already.

We should get a list of those who would want to participate and worry about technology afterwards. The biggest hurdle is going to be organizing the timing.

Moderator would be hard to pick though. I don't see it being a good idea to be a Wyrd Employee (I think they'd do better participating)

I'll moderate....

and it has to be someone everyone respects and won't inflame things.

Damn, I'm out......

Potentially a great idea. Should get some moderator volunteers then have a vote for it.

Ground rules would need to be set for etiquette and be strongly enforced, or it may quickly spiral into the arguments that we're trying to get away from.

Personally, I play much more for fun and don't really delve into the brokeness - so I probably wouldn't want to participate since I'd just be in the way. However, I would certainly love to at least read some 'minutes'.

Ramos for NEW Governor General!!!!

Because he creates jobs!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING, He would take jobs from hard working Malifauxians and give them to steam driven spiders.

I know he is a third party candidate but I am voting for Seamus. His zombie hooker in every home plan really has me excited.

ARE YOU KIDDING, He would take jobs from hard working Malifauxians and give them to steam driven spiders.

I know he is a third party candidate but I am voting for Seamus. His zombie hooker in every home plan really has me excited.

I concur, the only thing better then a hooker is a dead hooker. errr. wait.

gonna switch my vote to ramos. nothing to see here.

It is plain and simple Trickle Down Economics.

We get enough of these steam driven spiders and then everyone can get catered and served by them!!!

No more working in the hard fields!!!! No more getting up to go to the outhouse!!

And DO NOT believe that rumor about the death panels with Ramos' new Health Plan Reform. His plan actually says that they would just bio-graft more mechanical parts to you.

Seamus is the one with the Death Panels......it is in his interest!

Edited by CubertFarnsworth
Funnier