Gencon Updates!

Deadpool

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The model comes as a separate body of Kirai, with a her arm separate along with the ikiryo body, head and arms all separate. but I loved the model in general, easy assembly, and cool to paint.

Cooool. Can't wait 'til I get mine! I didn't hesitate to order her, sight unseen.

The model looks cool with the arms up. Taller, definitely more imposing and scary.

I read through some of the book 3 last night. I will say that Wyrd has doen an excellent job expanding the game without makeing it larger! Many of you know how privateer press has scaled upwards since it's first release, book 3 does nothing of the sort.

The avatar system is well though out and incorporates itself easily into Malifaux's current state. It isn't like the "epics" of warmachine or adding broken special characters in warhammer.

As far as the amount of stuff in book 3...well....LOTS OF FLUFF! I love the amount of stuff I have to read now. So much story to read through! No new masters but definitly new forms (ala Avatar). Not a HUGE amount of new models but just enough to satiate the hunger for new stuff amongst malifaux players. I.E- one new model that would lend itself to master specific crews (Not neccesarily restricted to one master, mind you)

Overall impression of book 3: Lots of Story, decent amount of new stuff. Totally worth the buy :)

Overall impression of book 3: Lots of Story, decent amount of new stuff. Totally worth the buy :)

I believe Eric said last night at one point that the amount of fluff would add up to a novel of about 200-250 pages if it were in that format instead. I started reading the first 3-4 pages last night before I was like "OK, I'm falling asleep, and need to wake up for work in 5 hours anyways". LOL Looking forward to digging into it a bit more. :)

Speaking of which....I have my book 3 in my car, and am planning to go do some reading while I eat lunch.

Get in some requests in the next 30 minutes or so, and I'll try to answer some questions. :)

I get the Weaver is suppose to be like a spider, but it looks like an Alien(from the Alien movie series) in a dress. Which I think is awesome.

LOL, I was discussing this with Sketch in the booth on Friday, and he looked at me with a sly grin and said something like "Well, just wait till you see what she looks like under that dress!"

Here's the list of all the Minions!

Exorcist

Latigo Pistolero

Pale rider

Warden

Witchling handler

Brutal effigy

Crooligan

Dead doxy

The drowned

Jaakune Ubume

Rafkin, the Embalmer

Carrion effigy

Angelica, mistress

Blessed of December

Fire gamin

Slate ridge mauler

Union miner

Arcane effigy

Iggy

Spawn mother

Gupps

Tuco

Weaver widow

Mysterious effigy

Lazarus

Lenny

Mctavish

Sue

Ten thunders brother

Hodgepodge effigy

I'll try to go through and answer some of the other questions. Necromorph has also started some threads in the various Faction sections of the forums, discussing most of these, I think.

What does a boy named Sue do? Namely what is his role in game?

There's some good discussion on him going on over here already.

But basically, he's kind of a Convict Gunslinger esque piece. I think he's 7 SS though, so a little more expensive. He's got some Burning Token stuff though too. So at first glance, you might think he'd work good with Kaeris, but he has another ability that keeps you from hiring anything with Ruthless or Wicked, so you wouldn't be able to use the Arcanist Gunsmiths as well. So, not sure he's the best deal there. Might be a good swap out for Samael though in a Sonnia crew if you're planning to run her Avatar. Sue has Disrupt Magic as well, so he kinda synergizes well there. He's also got an action that boosts Wp, and then he's got a Spell that can give model's Duty AND it makes them immune to effects that restrict when a model can activate, like Pacify or Incite.

I'd like the lowdown on the exorcist. :)

The Exorcist is a new Death Marshall. He'll give LJ a little bit of an edge in those matchups when you are playing Ressers, and the smart buggers go with Kirai instead, as he's got an action to activate a 6" aura giving the Magical characteristic to friendly models (don't remember if it includes ranged, or just melee right now). He's also got other typical death marshall stuff like Hard to Wound, and Fear not Death, but he's also got Stubborn, so he's a whopping 10 Wp against Undead.

Oh, and he uses a 'Sanctified Crossbow' instead of a Peacebringer. :D

He's got a few other things, and a lot of his abilities work against Undead, Soulless, Spirits, AND Nightmares.

Ooh, and oddly enough, he has a free ability sort of like Levi's where he can take 1 Wd to push up to 3"!

What's the new Guild Family minion like? Tuco looks great, but as of now there are no Neverborn in this house. :D

Also, Witchling Handler? As I may be starting a Sonnia crew at some point.. I'm curious.

The new Guild Family member, the Latigo Pistolero, is just a 3 or 4 point, Insignificant model. It's kind of weird, so I don't quite get it. It does get a bonus of some sort if it attacks a model that was previously attacked by a Unique Family member. But it also can't be activated within a Companion chain. So I guess it's just activation fodder? I don't know, I don't play Perdita, so maybe I'm just not seeing the good use for them.

The Witchling Handler seemed pretty cool to me. I don't have the stats in front of me, but if I'm remembering correctly it can do some cool stuff like ignoring the pulse damage when Witchling's die, and then it can push the Witchlings around the table a bit or something. I think it also has some triggers and abilities which are similar to the other Witch Hunters as well. Seems like it will be a nice fit.

Also, I know several folks wanted to know about....Angelica, Mistress of Ceremonies.

The first thing, which is pretty cool, is that she has an aura which allows friendly Showgirls to immune to falling back, or allows them to immediately rally when in the aura. She's got an action that can give :+fate to on Resists to Showgirls, and then she's got some other stuff for moving models around and stuff.

One of the things I think is the best with her is a (0) spell which lets her have a Showgirl within 18" activate immediately after she's done. So, you'll be able to do some crazy stuff like keeping Angelica back near Colette along with 1 Mannequin, while the Coryphee Duet is all the way across the table. Played right, you'll be able to alpha strike your whole crew, regardless of where they are on the table.