sybarite's burlesque performers

Sybarite

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the very late update everyone. Thanks for the kind comments!

Guardian: Thanks! Sorry for the very late reply :( *feels ashamed* The icicles were made with thin fishing line glued to a ruined paintbrush that I put on a shelf so that part of it was in the middle of the air. The line was cut into short segments and glued onto the brush and then I used water effects on the fishing line so I had a little icicle production line. Does that make sense? It’s a little tricky but you can make icicles and water splashes like that.

Lordgimpet: Thanks! :) Yeah it’s pretty hard isn’t it? It’s easy to make it look grey.

DaCone2: Sorry can’t remember actually :/ I was experimenting a bit with her skin tone. Sorry for the extremely late reply too. :(

Foerender & Pride365: Thanks a lot! :)

Here are my doves who have been painted for a while now. The little one is sitting on Colette's coffee table ^^

Doves-front_zpsa94d1b0e.png

Doves-back_zps04c59be3.png

And here's the Coryphée Duet. It was a pain to paint - i didn't enjoy it at all :/ Not entirely happy about the result but it's not that bad i guess.

Corypheacutee-front_zps65790690.png

Corypheacutee-back_zpsd013feba.png

Corypheacutee-duet-front_zps262a68cd.png

Sorry about the iphone-pictures.

• Like 2

I love the use of the trap door to move the standing coryphee back and forth to form the duet. I've seen lots of ways that has been done before, but the trap door is by far the best. As for "It's not that bad I guess," please, let me feel at least SOMEWHAT competent as a painter, if this is bad then, oof...

Absolutely love the looks of these, this is a fantastic looking crew.

Mr. Goggles: Sorry! Didn’t mean to hurt your feelings ^^’ It was just a frustrating to paint them and I think there are some flaws that the pictures might not show. Glad you like them and the trapdoor. I thought it’d be a pretty cool way to do the swapping and make the large plain base look a bit more interesting. : )

Viruk: Thank you. Glad you think so. I don’t know, they were just frustrating. Partly because the nails in the mannequins themselves aren’t really that well defined and they were very hard to paint. The scissors were also rather badly cast.

Danube: Thank you : )

Inquisitor Wall: Thank you. Yeah it turned out pretty well. I experimented with washing over white, and then highlighted the smoke by adding white into the washes and carefully painting highlights in thin layers.

Wings: Glad you think so Wings : ) Thanks! Sorry if I made you drown any showgirls in paint thinner! I wouldn’t want their deaths on my conscience ^^’

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks a lot Lordgimpet and Lorddarcy! :)

i finally went back to this crew and painted the last mechanical dove for a tournament last week and it felt like it was time for a group photo. So here are some pictures.

i've still got a performer, a mannequin (which is basecoated) and an oiran left to paint, but i'm going to paint some other stuff first.

mech-dove-3-front-b_zps5283166f.png

mech-dove-3-front_zps8f824002.png

mech-dove-3-back_zps366e88f0.png

Showgirls-group-shot_zps6cb9f360.png

You can click on the group pic to see a bigger version of it :)

• Like 3

KevinJohnWaite: Thanks! Glad you like it :D And yeah the showgirls are awesome.

Foerender: Thank you!

Wings: Thanks :) Glad you're impressed. i've never painted playing cards before. it was tricky. Not all of my letters on them are that defined actually and i was too scared to try and paint jacks, queens and kings (or was it jokers) like the painter did for wyrd's photos of the doves. Now that's insane in my opinion! xD So i mostly painted the low cards since they're easier. It wasn't easy though...

• 1 year later...

So I hadn't painted a showgirl in ages, but here's the second performer I never got around to painting. I was listening to Sisters of Mercy while painting her and she turned out pretty goth :)
The left eye on the sculpt seems to lie deeper (at least on mine) so the brow casts a shadow making the eye look smaller in some angles. Annoys me a little bit but can't be bothered to do anything more about it. On to the next miniature! Think I'll paint some more Marcus stuff next.

Performer-1_zpsl1ul9fp7.png

Performer-3_zpslo35l10k.png

Performer-2_zpsjdwaqllk.png

Here's another group shot. Should have taken more pics than one. The outer models don't look as sharp in the pic. Oh well!

Colette-crew_zpsmh65hqpl.png

• Like 5

I can kind of see what you mean about the eye but I don't think it will be much of a problem as most people will be to busy looking at the painting as a whole as the model is very well done.  I personally really like this one, the coloring and everything is just nice.  I am not even sure what my favorite part is, as while I like the red and black dress, the skin tone is done well, the face and hair is good, and even the stockings are all done well.  Well done.

• 2 months later...

Hello Elinore! I've just checked out your thread again to see who I'm against in the Iron Painter (even though I immediately associated your nick with those great works here). You're definitely a very demanding opponent and facing you will force me to step up my painting skills. I look forward to this challenge. Best of luck !

• Like 1