Daydream bury itself?

poulpox

• 2 weeks later...
So can you still cheat while using the influenced model? ---End Thread Highjack----

Yes, because you control it. You just can't use abilities that have a friendly target.

Also, your opponent could disengaging strike his own models to stop your action. Or you could move a model out of LCB/Lady J melee and then disengaging strike to wound him.

The worst is making ranged attacks when you are in melee range of what would have been "friendly" stuff. You need to be really careful and think it out before you obey.

----------------

It may sound odd that you aren't considered friendly to anything but if you were then there would be about a billion abuses to obey, which is already powerful enough! (Stuff like obeying your opponents pigapult and sacrificing their pig to attack their own guy. Or obeying your opponent who has a governer's proxy to charge something with terrifying and purposefully failing the terrifying check to kill him).

And there's no cost associated with firing it when it's outside its activation.

You pay at the start of your activation to use it during the activation, but Obey isn't an activation.

I suppose it is a matter of approach, but don't you think no-pay=no-play? Hence you cannot pay out of activation, you cannot shoot it at all?

I think this has been addressed before, where if a rule refers to "during a model's activation" then if the model is acting outwith its own activation then the rule does not apply. Hence being able to Obey a Totem to use Magical Extension even if the Totem has already activated and used it that Turn. Same with the Pigapult - Obeying it to fire avoids having to sacrifice a pig.

Whoops, my bad. I have honestly have never even seen the pigapult played and didn't have the book in front of me. I thought I remembered it needing to sac a model before it could shoot; not before it could activate.

That'll teach me to talk about models I know nothing about.