New Malifaux Crews.. The beginning..

Nemissary

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone!

@kbdrand I use alumilite products. http://www.alumilite.com/index.cfm

I use standard casting resin from them (tan) and I usually use quick set RTV for the rubber molds, but this time the store was out and I used High Strength 3 rubber and that seemed to work very nicely.

The one thing that sold me on Alumilite was the customer service. I once bought a starter kit from a local store (Hobby Lobby) and apparently it had been on the shelf 2 years, which made it usless. I did not know this until after I tried it. I was a little upset and just sent them an email about the condition of the product and they replaced it for free and sent it to my home. I had the box for 1 month before I had opened it for use and I had lost the receipt.

Alumilite is very helpful via email and really sold me on the product and support due to fixing a problem with such ease. I talked to the local store management and told them that Alumilite products have a shelf life of no more than 12 months according to the online rep. and the local store immediately ordered new items so that I could buy more and removed all current stock.

Anyways.. there are many mold making companies out there, but Alumilite was helpful and good natured about everything. Good people!

Edited by Nemissary

2 more days til I get sliced and diced. I have made a little progress, but haven't concentrated on minis too much the last week or so.

Here is a primed version of Pandora after I converted her ever so slightly.

LillianJanetteScott084.jpg

LillianJanetteScott085.jpg

Here is my wife's first base for her Colette crew. Kinda slapdash, she was just doing a test base to start. I think it is coming out nice though. She was just testing colors etc.

LillianJanetteScott083.jpg

Some sceneray that I have partially finished:

LillianJanetteScott091.jpg

LillianJanetteScott087.jpg

LillianJanetteScott088.jpg

LillianJanetteScott080.jpg

LillianJanetteScott082.jpg

LillianJanetteScott086.jpg

LillianJanetteScott081.jpg

Oddly enough, A friend and I were working on the strange gears scenery before we ever heard of Malifaux. I think this clockwork/gears scenery will fit in very nicely though.

I hope to get at least one more post in before the big day.

All of you take care and hope to see you on the flip side :)

Those gears are pretty awesome, and I can easily envision them being found somewhere like Malifaux. Like Ratty, I may well have to... um... borrow(?) the idea.

I'm really struck by your trees, though. You've given a lot more care to the roots than most I've seen, and I think it really makes them stand out. Also, you've done a great job in capturing that twisted feel that I see when I think of Malifaux flora. Especially the first one.

I'm not a religious man, so I'll content myself to say good luck and get well soon. I expect and look forward to seeing all this stuff and much more completed.

photo-1.jpg

I survived the cancer removal portion of my surgery today. Took a few hours 11am-6pm total. Have yet another One foot long incision under my ribs. At this rate, I will bw homw in a week and painting on a little lapdesk as I lounge about the house.

Thanks all for ther best wishes.

I am on large amounts of morphine atm, so I will go.

Had to gt a photo of me with a Malifaux rulebook. I was hoping it would keep McMourning away :) I cannot begin to explain the pain nd whatnot that I am in, but I gotta keep my morbid sense of humor at all times :)

What better advertisement for Malifaux? Struggling cancer patient demands his Malifaux before his Morphine! News at 11.

I actual have been having small dream sequences involving Nicodemus and that sort of Necromancy... it must be the morphine. But you wouls think I would be having Dr. McMourning running through my obsessive little brain or Neverborn, because I love them sooooo much.

Well, time to pass out again... great big hetero man hugs to all of you!