A question about models and whats coming...

Brence

So I just recieved my Rising Powers book (sadly no sight of the original core book yet), however just wondering...Does it mean that every single one of those entries is going to get a mini? Or are they more "british" (for those who know the big jolly giant im referring to) and make some stuff and let players "figure out" other things?

Eventually. The problem is that it could be a while before all the minis for book 2 are released. There is still 1 mini from book 1 that isn't out yet (coming in October) and with the upcoming book 3 I don't know how Wyrd is ever going to hope to catch up. :)

trust me wyrd is anything but not punctual in one way or another. theyll get it out. although i am really wanting to see the new lord chompy bits.... cant help myself im ecstatic.

Check page 172, it is right above Baby Kade.

Also in the new book check page 159 for a full page picture of the rider.

Mechanical Rider is on page 153 of the new book and is an Archanist

Dead Rider is on page 127 of the new book and is a Resurrectionist

Of course Hooded Rider is the best of the Trio because it is a Neverborn.

Exactly, once they get the Hooded rider down, I am sure that the other 2 will be much easier. THEN they can release mounted Perdita, Mounted Judge, Mounted Som'er Teeth, etc.

I just wanted people to be aware of the kind of work that is going into this one model.

I hope that is not true. I really dislike the idea of bring out all the characters but in mounted versions. It seems pointless and gets rid of the unique factor of the riders.

I cant wait for the new models. I loved Rising powers but its sad to think I wont be able to use any of the new guild in my crew for a while till there models. I dont like the idea of proxys and I cant find any non-wyrd models which fit in the style.

All the other factions got new box sets (not neverborn but out soon) but not the guild.

Not complaining just wish I could use the lawyer the artwork and rules are awesome.

Edited by Talos

I hope that is not true. I really dislike the idea of bring out all the characters but in mounted versions. It seems pointless and gets rid of the unique factor of the riders.

I cant wait for the new models. I loved Rising powers but its sad to think I wont be able to use any of the new guild in my crew for a while till there models. I dont like the idea of proxys and I cant find any non-wyrd models which fit in the style.

All the other factions got new box sets (not neverborn but out soon) but not the guild.

Not complaining just wish I could use the lawyer the artwork and rules are awesome.

I don't know that what I said is true, I was mostly joking. I believe mounted Perdita is possible, but honestly not may others.

So, maybe an odd question, but something that's been buzzing in my head.

Book 3 is in production, and from the sounds of it, it'll be out sooner than a year from now and have more special forces stuff. Is the plan release all the Rising Powers models before Book 3 comes out, or will Book 3 come out and then it'll be a mix of Rising Power releases and Book 3 releases?

Did I say "Book 3" enough?

I would be pretty surprised if bok 3 was released this year, Christmas at the very earliest. But anyway I guess it would be most probably around April/March 2011.

For the new Masters and other models from Book 2, I think they announced some for October/November.

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if they release book 3 before they release all the models of book 2.

I'm already disappointed they released book 2 without having released the Hooded Rider.

By not releasing all the models from the previous book prior to the next book they started on a very slippery slope. It's quite possible for it to get out of hand very quickly leaving us to wait through several new books to get a model we want from an older book. They're not obligated to actually cast models for the entries in the books, so getting the models out before the next book is really the only way they can show the consumer that they're dedicated to us.

I'm hoping the Hooded Rider is a very rare exception...