The start of my new crew - Pandora

Melnibonean

Hello Folks,

Here are a couple of pics of my new Pandora crew. This crew different to paint with lots of interesting possibilities. There was a bit of a miscast near Kades mouth but it was in such a place that it looks like he is licking his lips.

You can also seea sneekpeek of some of my new upcoming base inserts _@ Fiendish Fabrications).

Here's the start of the crew. Hope you like them:

Candy_1.jpg

BabyKade_1.jpg

Dopple_2.jpg

Dopple_1.jpg

A close up of the Dopplegangers base

Dopple_base_1.jpg

Edited by Melnibonean

They all look great! I'll say again that I love your color scheme on Candy. I was thinking of doing something similar for my Hollow Waifs.

Could you elaborate on your process and what colors you used? That would be awesome thanks.

It was pretty simple: Light grey primer,undercoat. Black ink followed by thin coats of varying shades of grey, black and white. Sweets are just slightly muted colours.

One of the main colours is Vallejo Ghost Grey. A great very, very pale grey.

Thanks for the tips.

I pin-pointed why I love it so much. It reminds me of the twilight zone, and other old horror flicks in B&W. Great stuff, and it creates a great mood.

When I was painting it I wanted her to look like Wednesday Addams and considering all the Addams Family episodes are in B/W... Well, it just kind of seemed right.

Candy looks really cool. I like the Doppelganger's Base too.

Hmmmm....that gives me an idea for my candy which I'll be painting tomorrow.

I'm still pretty sure I'll make her look like either; one of the creepy twins from The Shining. or Samara from the Ring.

Edited by Aldyhide
Spelling Errors!!

When painting my Candy I was originally going to go for a Wednesday Addams look, but couldn't quite pull it off to my liking and she would up more colorful. Had I seen this befoire then, I would have gone with s similar scheme. Nice job

I also like the Dopplegangers base!

I finally finished this crew (well at least I've got it to a starting level to start using it).

The pics are pretty crap. They haven't captured the brightness and contrast of the Sorrows.

Anyway, hope you like them. Let me know what you think.

Pandora.jpg

Sorrows_1.jpg

Sorrows_2.jpg

PandorasCrew.jpg

Edited by Melnibonean

• 1 month later...

I'm really liking your Candy colour scheme, so much so I'll be copying it :) Once I've finished Lord Chompy Bits that is...

Very Nice!

P.S. I really love the way the candy in the basket contrasts Candy - really makes the model stand out.

Edited by mr_chuffy
adding more praise!