Funny in game stuff

Malifaux seems to me to have some great comic moments and occasionally some wild luck makes this funnier.

Played a game the other night, my opponent had brought his Lady J crew (he's the first of my friends I've persuaded into buying stuff) but wanted a slightly larger game so I lent him my convict gunslinger to boost his points. Reading the card my mate asks 'what ruthless does' I explain and he seems happy.

Turn 2 one of his Death Marshalls is in melee with sybelle he activates the convict moves and shoots at sybelle. Cue amusement firstly he targets the death marshall (random targetting is so full of win) then he proceededs to hit the death marshall at a -- and flips 3 cards for damage the 3rd card is the red joker he flips another card for another severe damage and the convict promptly executes the Death Marshall with a shot to the back of the head. We both saw the funny side of it especially as I had lent him the traitorus model.

What fun/unlikely things have you seen.

Well there's something about Pandora's 'self loathing' ability that really gets my imagination going. Watching Marcus trying to eat his stick, a Mature Nephilim punching itself in the face or Lilith committing sepuku with an enormous sword never fails to amuse me. :D

Edited by Rathnard

Malifaux seems to me to have some great comic moments and occasionally some wild luck makes this funnier.

Played a game the other night, my opponent had brought his Lady J crew (he's the first of my friends I've persuaded into buying stuff) but wanted a slightly larger game so I lent him my convict gunslinger to boost his points. Reading the card my mate asks 'what ruthless does' I explain and he seems happy.

Turn 2 one of his Death Marshalls is in melee with sybelle he activates the convict moves and shoots at sybelle. Cue amusement firstly he targets the death marshall (random targetting is so full of win) then he proceededs to hit the death marshall at a -- and flips 3 cards for damage the 3rd card is the red joker he flips another card for another severe damage and the convict promptly executes the Death Marshall with a shot to the back of the head. We both saw the funny side of it especially as I had lent him the traitorus model.

What fun/unlikely things have you seen.

Not to get off topic, but I am not sure if you have read the errata but anyone can fire into close combat now, and Ruthless ignores Harmless. I was just sort of going by the transition to the story you were going by the old meaning.

Ice Golem behind cover and in statue-mode gets shot by a death marshal. Death marshal hits. I'm not too worried, didn't want to waste a high card for the sake of a couple of damage (was a 3x (-) flip). Red Joker is flipped, bugger, severe drawn for additional damage. Dead Golem!

A cluster of wounded Gamin are engaging a couple of terror tots, tots kill a gamin, which shatters and kills the next gamin, which shatters and kills the last! Terror tots die too but suddenly there's a big whole in the board where 5 models used to be! Should have seen it coming really....... never made that mistake again!

Tina shoots a DC at Taelor standing next to Bishop, puts damage on both, triggers overpower and casts again. Taelor's "hard to kill" kicks in and saves her and Bishop is damaged further. Casts Decembers curse again at Taelor and finished both of them off thanks to Taelor not being dead (bishop was behind a wall and so would have been a lot harder to kill without Taelor next to him :D

It's also always funny (however frustrating) when Pandora makes bad-asses like Lilith leg it!

During a tournament in the last round Nicodeam had Killjoy out and was just mowing through Marcus's beasts. Marcus was able to turn him into a beast then Alpha him (players first time being able to Alpha despite over a dozen games) and turns Killjoy around to slaughter the Necro punk trying to flee with the Marcus treasure chest token. Totally turned around the pace of the game.

Zoraida is always a lot of fun with Obey. Still, though, the funniest thing I've seen in a game has to be at a tournament back in October. We played the Halloween scenarios for the tournament. In the second round, I watched as the Harvest Awakened, while Nicodem was holding a pumpkin. The pumpkin came alive and attacked, flipping a Red Joker on the damage.

For those of you not familiar with the Halloween scenarios, I think they are in one of the Chronicles and they are a lot of fun to play.

Played a 6 person game last weekend. 3 vs. 3. I had Lilith with Tina and McMourning against Sonia, lady J, and the Vikis. I just turned one of my younger nephs into a mature while fighting Judge. I kill him and on his Slow to die attack flips the red joker and a severe for damage killing him :( Next activation Lady J charges Lilith. I had 4 stones, no damage, and Tina had armor 2 on her. What could go wrong? This is the same person who just killed my mature, and he had just shuffled his deck. He hits and flips the red joker and a severe again :( My other mature does a diving charge over about 5 models and rips Sonnia in 2. A Viki charges him and flips red joker and severe killing him :(

Now this all happened on the same turn.

Decided to get tricky (or so I thought), and sent Mr. Jones to go beat a wounded Gremlin to death and summon up a Piglet. The Gremlin, (perhaps understandably) didn't like that idea. It took 2 full turns to kill the little blighter. :cussing:

(Same player flipping cards, just got crappy cards (including what was available to cheat the flips).)

Of course, there's nothing quite like actually pulling off a Mosquito's infestation on a powerful character. :dancing2:

First attack of the game: Spider Swarm charges Lady J, drops a 13. Lady J uses a Soulstone to duck, top decking a Mask for the Riposte trigger. Gets an even flip because of the Df/Cb difference, and topdecks the Red Joker, followed by a Severe.

I get the image of 3 Spiders jumping in unison, and getting Shish Kabobed on lady J's sword, and she takes them home to roast over the fire with marshmallows.

Well I had lady justice lure by a rotting belle, hit by the evil belle. Then a nice counter attack from lady J and the belle was killed. So she maybe didn't like to be lure this way.

And we had a belle that makes the viktoria sword mistress to take off there clothes (she already doesn't have a lot so...)

and then a lot of fun with the gremlin shooting everywhere, hitting there friends or missing so hitting there friends