What is your favorite Malifaux mini?

Justin

The Warpig originally got me into this game, Baby Kade is probably my favorite at the moment though. Rasputina has so far been my favorite mini to paint.

And I'm quite much looking forward to the Hooded Rider, can't wait to see some pictures (and pre-order it from somewhere).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the Rotten Belle holding the parasol over her shoulder, but it's a tough call between her, Seamus, 'Tina, the "roaring" young nephilim amd about 30 others! Be easier to list the models I don't like.......

- Desolation Engine: It's an awsome sculpt but really does not fit what was in my head. It's too humanoid and, for want of a better word, 'normal'.

- Teddy: Fantastic idea and great face but I was hoping for a more exciting pose. I was a bit gutted when I heard he was a one-piece. Luckily his fur shouldn't make him too difficult to convert :S

- Samael: No crotch!

- Essence of Power: I just don't get it.

- Pandora: She's a bit minging (ugly), I feel she should be prettier.

um, I think that's it!

Seamus is defiantly my favorite, along with the Copycat Killer. I am tempted to start a Guild crew just for the Death Marshals. All of the Gremlin crew is great, except the mosquito. It's just... meh.

I think the Mosquito is actually the only model in the line I don't like. Everything else is just awesome.

Perdita.

Really, she's why I even play Malifaux; I was looking for an excuse to buy her ever since I first saw the model in the days before Malifaux, but couldn't ever really justify it.

Here, I'll even break down what I most like about the model for you all:

Hot Chick + Wild West Gunfighter + Long Shiny Hair = Total Win.

My only problem: no butt.

Look at the Malifaux line, all the girls have a great rack, but where is the backside? Sonnia is the only one with some hips going on, and she has a coat hanging over them.

Never hire a boob man to sculpt all your minis.*

*Note: all criticism is in jest.

Look at the Malifaux line, all the girls have a great rack, but where is the backside? Sonnia is the only one with some hips going on, and she has a coat hanging over them.

Lilith also looks a bit more curvy than rest of the girls but she also has that coat hanging about. Zoraida also seems to have a lot of booty but... well... yes...

Rasputina would have to be my favourite.

It really captures the sleek lines and delicacy of a lot of the Malifaux range and has a dynamic pose - she's not just loitering with a sword.

Not to mention, you can really tell its been sculpted by someone who knows how to paint - I just poked a white drybrush at it and did some blue ink and I get compliments on the mini.

I'm a capable but by no means remarkable painter.

Perdita, the pistol Vik and the Ronin are up there for the same reason.

I feel vaguely chauvanist saying the stockings don't hurt at all.

Its an interesting one, Malifaux is the one miniature game I've seen girls getting interested in, in some cases taking the mini off their partner and painting it themselves.

The strong female characters are a part of it but there's more.

Being from a Horror B Movie background there is an element of exploitation, its a well dug-in tradition and it wouldn't be horror without it.

Malifaux seems to walk the line of having female characters whose allure (Lilith) or apparent innocence (Pandora/Rasputina) is a big part of their presence but stopping before they go over the edge...

...and then paperbag comes along and just kicks it right off :)

I doff my hat to your greenstuff skills, Good Sir, but that mini was perfectly fine without gratuitous back bosoms!

Not one of you has mentioned the best model that Wyrd produces: Pandora, Avatar of Woe. That model is simply fantastic. Not only is the sculpt great, but the way it was broken down for molding is nice. Building that model was a joy and the only reason I haven't painted her yet is that I'm afraid I won't be up to standard. It makes me eager to see what you guys are going to do with the rest of the avatar models.

Gotta go with Ramos and Rasputina. The pair essentially sold me on the game.

Ramos doesn't have much action, but the pose makes it feel like he's got a lot more than he is showing you. And Rasputina is a strong female model calling down the powers of December to wreck havoc.