Transporting your crews

Pavic

So, I am having some trouble deciding how best to transport my crews. First off, I am a big fan of Sabol's Army Transport product line. However, their products are primarily designed for large forces, especially those with large models. Are there any other products out that people are using to transport their forces? Anything that is compact and easy to haul around?

You should just do as I did. I have a sabol Motor Pool and it is completely filled with 2" foam. I have most of the crews though so it is needed. All the trays but one are filled with Malifaux. That last tray is filled with anima Tactics. The only thing it does not hold is all of my cards for both games. I feel like a Magic player again with all the card I have now.

Currently my Gremlins are traveling about in a pistol case. Its the perfect size for a standard Malifaux crew, Mordheim Warband, Blood Bowl Team, etc. I probably paid under $10 for it.

I also own a Sabol ATC, but its currently filled with Orks and other random stuff, and its a bit much for a handful of Gremlins. I'm considering either the ATC Platoon or Motorpool once I have more than one crew to carry about.The 2.5" foam is thick enough to stand up most (if not all) of the Malifaux models as long as long as the base isn't too fancy.

But definitely don't limit yourself to Miniature Cases. Magnets are a good solution, gun cases, photography cases, a Tupperware container with some foam from the craft store, tool boxes. The only real limitation is what you are willing to put into it, both time and money wise.

I currently use magnets and my Fallout 3 lunchbox.

Its fits everything I need (tape measure, fate deck, soulstones, wound counters, strategy cards) aside from the book/playsheets.

The best thing is, the crew starter boxes foam is just the right size to make dividers. With some magnets glued to them they stay in place perfectly.

Rare Earth Magnets and a Metal Tool Box. Cheaper. Easier.

Ditto here, can't beat the rare earth magnets.

Yep, you can't beat magnets and box for any non-standard models and skirmish games. Failing that, Feldherr has a nice "skirish" case, it's tiny,lightweight and will work just fine.

i use a product called a "fuzz box" it can be found on the warstore's websight

http://www.thewarstore.com/EconoBoxFigureStorage.html

you have to custome some of the slots but for the most part it carries all 4 of my crews plus my extras and then some. The only problem i encounter is the mature nephlem wont fit in it :( so i just carry the poor guy around ( after all he deserves a break from all the people HE carries around hehehe)

I bought from a company called Figures in Comfort.

FiC make Brilliant cases. shame their customer service was appalling. not tried the new owners out yet.

Kaiser Rushforth do a Kaiser One which is good; get a load of Tray 4's (i prefer FiC's trays, but nice soft foam so you can get 40mm bases in); each tray holds a faction and the case is easy to transport (and doesn't make you stand out as a geek on the street!) and store :D

for those not looking to spend money, could you not stuff blisterpack foam into the plastic tray that comes in the Starter Sets (2 pieces of foam per slot) and lay your minis down in them? the base size should keep 'em from rolling around too much and the foam stops the painted mini touching the plastic...

I use a WWII army green mag pouch ($8), got 1 2.5" tray and 1 1.5 tray both pieces cut in half and paired like a sandwich. It fits 3 crews with extra minis, cards, ruler, tokens and rulebook. And lowers the geek factor by 25%.

But using an AT platoon for Malifaux and Anima sounds just great, i have an Infinity Nomads army in one of those and still have some room left.

I third (or fourth) the magnet and case solution. I tend to use 30mil magnetic sheeting (the kind they use for magnetic car door signs) that comes with an adhesive backing. For smaller, delicate models I think the force required to remove a model from it's metal 'deck' can be too much when using rare earths. For big 50mm bases I do use rare earths. I have 8 different rubbermade cases of various sizes, with a metal plate glued to the bottom. +1 for Battlefoam if you're flying to conventions. They are expensive, but the hard sided cases are gold for protecting minis. They also make a very small bag, probably enough for 2-3 crews and mercs.

I have used the Chessex cases in the past, but as Ive accumulated more minis, I picked up a small Battlefoam case. They are smaller and more like a messenger bag than the sabol cases, if you get their smallest one. They are amazing cases, however their price tag is a little bit of a turn off. $65.00 for the case. It is really nice though.