My Malifaux Crew Painting Blog

Jens

A few hours ago I started at long last putting some paint on my first Malifaux miniature. Personally I liked the look of the Guild most - in particular Perdita, the Death Marshals and the Executioner and hence these will be on high priority. As usual I'll try to paint my gaming miniatures at what I consider 'high tabletop quality' - good enough to look at them a bit closer but I'll wont spent hours to get all blendings really smooth or try to rebuild details that might have been lost due to the cast.

Enough words - the first WIP picture:

attachment.php?attachmentid=233&stc=1&d=1263252547

post-2811-13911920542258_thumb.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoa - didn't expect such a vivid feedback. Thank you

Maybe I could use the sheer cloth effect to my advantage when I play Malifaux - like in a opportune moment: "Hey - have you noticed the sheer cloth effect on Perdita" *shuffling of cards...* :angel:

There is a tutorial where this 'sheer effect' is done much better - click on telecharger here - at 3:30 you can see the basic idea (the other video snippets are worth checking out as well).

Concering the skin - I noticed that the skin has a too strong yellow touch. I started with a color called 'naple yellow deep' - a few glazes with 'madder deep' helped to correct it however.

I left the hat seperate simply since the cast was fairly bad on this one and the magic sculpy needs to dry still - I used it to repair a few areas.

Today after work I'll hopefully finish her.

Small update: Got home early and could work on her a bit:

attachment.php?attachmentid=235&stc=1&d=1263312362

post-2811-1391192054322_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jens
Small update

That Perdita should have the LURE spell at CA 15!!!

ditto

Absolutely gorgeous. Very well executed. She has a threatening aspect for such a pretty model. The blending effects came out great for both the flesh and clothing.

Can't wait to see the rest of your work.

Now I am wanting to get a Perdita crew too.