Leveticus Crews - Post up yours today!

n0signal

Going through this entire thread, I think I've come up with a reasonable list, I would hope -

35SS

Leveticus

Rusty Alice (8)

4 x Steampunk Abomination (12)

2 x Rotten Belles (8)

2 x Canine Remains (4)

3SS remaining.

The idea is naturally the Desolation Bomb with SPA's, with the dogs to act as friendly Waifs-in-training, and to nab any corpse counters that show up. The Belles lure the hell out of anything within 18" to within a tasty distance for Leveticus.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea is naturally the Desolation Bomb with SPA's, with the dogs to act as friendly Waifs-in-training, and to nab any corpse counters that show up. The Belles lure the hell out of anything within 18" to within a tasty distance for Leveticus.

Sounds good to me!! ;) Great list.

I had a lot of fun running this list recently:

Levi w/0ss

Alyce - 8

4 x SPAs - 12

Killjoy - 11

Necropunk - 3

come to think of it I think I should have had 1ss. Oh well, didn't use it.

The Spa's turned into a desolation engine on turn 1 (I think), which took out some witchlings but died shortly after, the neropunk stood right in the open and he took the bait. With slow to die I summoned killjoy who killed Samael and a Gunslinger in one turn, as well as a ronin and another witchling before finally dying - BEAST!

He won't be making that mistake again though. At the end of the game it was Levi and 2 (very safe) waifs and a badly damaged Sonnia. Bloodbath! Alyce did bugger all, as usual. She never seems to do anything for me!

Tonight I did:

Levi

Alyce

3 SPA

Killjoy

2 SS Cache

First couple turns Leveticus Scavenged Scrap counters for Alyce to turn into SPAs. Then I just started slamming my opponent (Ortegas) with Desolation Engines and then eventually Killjoy just started mauling everything. Having a hard time getting the corpse token for the second waif. Wound up having to have Levi blast himself into a steampunk then then having Alyce kill it a corpse token. It was an odd situation.

I looked at both Errata and I don't see any for "Keep Pace". What errata is it in?

Well the first errata was that push moves allowed them to move when a construct in BTB was pushed as well. Then they errata the SPA so keep pace only works with other SPA (newer cards), not all constructs. So the rider express is no more.

• 4 weeks later...

For 30 SS games, I prefer this list.

Levi

Rusty Alyce = 8ss

3 x Steampunk Spiders = 3 ss = 9 ss

4 x Steampunk Abominations = 3 ss = 12 ss

I only have 1 SS in reserve, but this is what I do with my models.

Two of the Arachnids have 2 Aboms attached. They rush along whatever I'd like, double walking and dragging them. When I want to drop the bomb, I simply move the two close together, combining the 4, and doing the little rush trick. That leaves my Spiders ready to combine right behind them, or next turn, support the Engine by latching on and lowering defense. If the spiders die, they are simply more SPA's for me, and I can use them to effectively surpress the magic of whatever I happen to be mauling.

Er, kuna - you, also, need to read the keep pace cuddle (It only works on friendly SPAs after walk actions). Also - taking no stones with levi is baadd. Levi makes some of the best use of stones in the game - considering that you can stack your stone for a cast with Death's Lessons (Use lessons to find the best card in the top three, place it two down, and then cheat over whatever you get with the highest card in your hand to almost guarantee Unnatural Wasting landing on anybody that isn't a horribly lucky Lilith/Perdita. Always take at least 6, I'd say - and use them to assassinate masters. Only need to make two spells hit to kill absolutly anybody. (12/2=6-1=5, 5/2=2.5 round up to 3, +1=1 life, followed by transformation) Spiders are great and all, but the idea of making extra spiders from corpse tokens is way too cumbersome. Just focus on killing stuff, and using their models to make SPAs. Only time I'd ever even consider them is against hardcore caster lists like Sonnia, and even then - she focus casts something and blows them all up, or just punches them to death with stalkers.

Er, kuna - you, also, need to read the keep pace cuddle (It only works on friendly SPAs after walk actions). Also - taking no stones with levi is baadd. Levi makes some of the best use of stones in the game - considering that you can stack your stone for a cast with Death's Lessons (Use lessons to find the best card in the top three, place it two down, and then cheat over whatever you get with the highest card in your hand to almost guarantee Unnatural Wasting landing on anybody that isn't a horribly lucky Lilith/Perdita. Always take at least 6, I'd say - and use them to assassinate masters. Only need to make two spells hit to kill absolutly anybody. (12/2=6-1=5, 5/2=2.5 round up to 3, +1=1 life, followed by transformation) Spiders are great and all, but the idea of making extra spiders from corpse tokens is way too cumbersome. Just focus on killing stuff, and using their models to make SPAs. Only time I'd ever even consider them is against hardcore caster lists like Sonnia, and even then - she focus casts something and blows them all up, or just punches them to death with stalkers.

Where is this keep pace cuddle? I've checked the Errata, Extra Errata, and the Faq all before I posted my list, or bought my models.

Oh crap....I just opened up the book and looked at the actual Card. Darn.....I bought the models thinking that this would work, and now that it doesn't I feel rather..... dissapointed is a light word for it. Ahh well, at least I can buy Ramos and have a reason to have all those spiders / the combination.....and Joss. Is Joss a good addition? How about the Hooded Rider?

I have those two models, and could field either one with my SPA's

Side Note, I'm a little irritated about the lack of information about this change, in the book it states friendly constructs, and I had to buy the models to find this out. As a new player, I love the game, but this is a tiny little oversight that rubs me raw.

Side Side Note, which description applies? The Card, or the Book? Which one is the......mistake? Or is this just an oversight that they shrugged and went with? I ask because this really does hurt me pocket wise, since effectively I went in with the information I thought was correct.

Edited by Kunanaki

The card for the steampunk abominations is 100% correct. I can see how a big unannounced change like this could be irritating but I don't really see how it hurts your pocket. Arachnid swarms are still an excellent choice for Leveticus since can let them auto paralyze anything they hit. When they die they drop scrap counters that can be turned into abominations. I guess If you still hate them you can try to get someone local to trade something for them with you.

The card for the steampunk abominations is 100% correct. I can see how a big unannounced change like this could be irritating but I don't really see how it hurts your pocket. Arachnid swarms are still an excellent choice for Leveticus since can let them auto paralyze anything they hit. When they die they drop scrap counters that can be turned into abominations. I guess If you still hate them you can try to get someone local to trade something for them with you.

It's not a hate thing, it's just a subtle change that I stumble upon after doing it. You know when you research something absolutely thoroughly, think you have it all correct, and then somebody pops in and pokes your bubble? That's sort of what It felt like.

mm, amen. I just imagine the focus here is to get Rising Powers out the door without everything exploding. the errata shall come, in due time ^^

furthermore - while Levi has a huge choice of models, I tend mostly to stick to SPAs/Ashes now, with Alyce, which adds up to (13+12+8) 33ish on it's own. You could be daring and take some other models, but I'd always recommend Ashes and Alyce, as they're both utterly badass. The more SPAs you get/make the more mobile and horrifying Ashes becomes. Soyeah - beyond those 21 points, not really sure anymore ^^

However - not so sure on Joss, he's hungry for tomes, which Levi wants to do stuff, and Levi hurts far more than he does. Try to aim for things that cover other suits, like Masks - for example, Levi has a solid use for tomes/ravens by himself/with ashes, and Alyce has headshot. Soyeah - a solid use for masks would be a good idea.

Thanks n0sig. We looked at that pretty early on with Leveticus since he is so bloody different. Having a recyclable soulstone generating mechanic with him is QUITE broken. He functions really well with little or no SS pool as you have stated before but having them is insanely good. Especially a never ending supply. Yikes!

Aaaaaaaand now nix/Hamelin makes it so that levi can sac SPAs/Waifs to get soulstones. Yuh-oh. Question: If a Waif dies after getting the -1 WP and comes back, does it still have the -1 WP?

Also, I kinda feel like the Keep pace cuddle should be errated to work with the DE. Every time I use the DE Bomb, I end up with a SPA here, a SPA there, and 2 SPAs where the DE died, and they get picked off before i can do anything. Of course, I'd be happy if they errated Levi to (1): Opponent Loses. :clap:

Edited by icemantis99

Ashes and Dust makes me excited. However, is having A&D worth having less SPA's? What I mean is, Usually I play 30 ss lists. I always take an Alyce, and 4 SPA's, as I've found that with that core, you've got a pretty mean combination. Though I can't combine them with the spiders to run fast, I find having a model that dashes around, can heal itself, and is moderately killy.

So yeah, I like fielding the Steampunk Arachnid Swarm.

Take Ashes. If your points scale has room for it, take him. Desolation Engines arent usually worth 12 points - all summoned models tend to be a bit weaker to make up for the fact that you don't have to pay for them. At 30, I'd probably take Ashes, Alyce and however many SPA you felt were appropriate. Ashes is superior in every possible way to a desolation engine, and if you get to make one later in the game, then bonus. Ashes can take a burnout from Alyce and genuinley not care, and his ability to wear down opposing models and then rebuild himself, especially in smaller games, is probably actually a little OP. The effort hey commit to killing him (Should they choose to do so) is all for naught if you rebuild him, and if they choose to ignore him, then.. well. ouch.

Hmm. My regular Lilith opponent is starting to get wise to the Desolation pain train, forcing me to desolation up early to avoid lone SPA's being picked off. Thankfully the Ashes and Dust protect it from taking wounds, till it's transpositioned off and wrecked by nephilim.

As such, how's this for an alternate list that can hopefully move fairly quick to wreck Nephilim before I can be swarmed.

Leveticus (3 SS cache)

Rusty Alyce (8)

Ashes and Dust (13)

Teddy (9)

Canine Remains (2)

The Canine is for corpse counters and what not. Teddy seems like a generall all-round hard hitter, is fast enough, and regens. Though there's no spa's I've found that the Ashes and Dust is very quick at skimming around the board, and tends to focus on killing Tots and Youngs when facing Nephilim. I've never actually used the 0 action to move up to an SPA, so don't really see it as any form of loss.

Another option is to replace the Ashes and Dust with 3 Crooked Men and another SS for the cache, as the Cave In spell looks very delicious. Has anyone used these with Levi?

Any thoughts?

Edited by Geckilian

I feel like this forum is the unofficial Tactica: Leveticus lol, but I have a question for all the Levi Veterans.

We have a Vast Number of Models we can take, but in your guys opinions, which are worth the stones and which models do you think you'll just never take?

I know things like, Crooked Men. I know I can sleep easy knowing I don't have one, or two of them in my box for the, If-I-so-happened-to-need-them situation.

but what about the Riders? We can take all three which... actually upon reflection started to sound like a bad idea but Levi is a One Man Apocalypse, as a wise man one stated so having him and 3 Riders just sounds appropriate now lol

[[.also! totally irrelevant side note! The Tyrant Rider. He'll be the guild construct rider, and his power thing will be based on how many Troops you have on the field lol, then you can take the Four Horseman of the Leveticus Apocalypse! Let's see Hamelin Top That! ^.^]]

Edited by gunpowder saint

I feel like this forum is the unofficial Tactica: Leveticus lol, but I have a question for all the Levi Veterans.

We have a Vast Number of Models we can take, but in your guys opinions, which are worth the stones and which models do you think you'll just never take?

So far what I've like with Levi outside the obvious ones:

Peacekeeper

Teddy

arachnid swarm

Not worth stones IMO:

Hanged

Sybille

Some models are great in certain scenarios. Crooked men with shafted are great for denial of small areas like where a treasure token is.