Henchmen Questions

EricJ

unfortunatley,with gw being the major player in lincs,the main games played at gobstyks(lincoln) are gw games,they are very set in there ways,although i did play a fair bit of warmachine,but that was only against one guy all the time,ive tried talking him into playing malifaux,but again is very set in his ways.

Now the lost legion(scunthorpe)isa different story,they do play a lot of warhammer,but there are so many diffent games bing played,that i am sure i could convert most players to malifaux,ive already got master_of_ulthwe playing.

Apparently theres a gaming club just around the corner from me,but they only play historical games,but i could give it a shot.

like i said before Gw games are very very prominent in this part of blighty mainly because their stuff is easy to get without goin on the net.

cheers

matt

luckily for me Malifaux was one of those games everyone had their eye on for one reason or another. Then i came along with two friends at a game store i always hang out at. Now there are talks of getting the line put into the store a possible tournament in a month or two AND we have 10 or so additional people interested. Looks like the moon was just right.. lol

What counts as an event for the Henchman program. would it count If I ran painting classes and contests based around the Malifaux product?

I second this question. I would certainly expect demos and tournaments to qualify, but are there any other event types that might count?

I would also like to know if there will be any type of prize support provided for tournaments as well. I realize that this is probably a much more difficult prospect for a miniature game (I have a lot of experience working as a volunteer for various collectible card game companies), but it would be nice to know if there will be any type of support.

Leagues will likely count.

Painting contests I'm rather sure will count as events as well. (Wyrd being such a painterly friendly place and all)

Painting classes will likely count.

This is all up to Eric and Nathan of course but knowing how they think I am rather sure that these types of events are what they are looking for.

Ok, lets see if I can cover all the questions:

Painting contests, classes, leagues, demos, tournaments all count as events.

We are working on prize support, it is not finalized yet, but we are certainly looking into the options and fully intend to have something in place before too long.

Right now we are giving people a little time to get the initial batch of applications in, as well as working to get our back end set up, but expect to hear something next week regarding any application sent in this week.

We are debating what to provide in terms of online recognition in the forums to henchmen, another thing that has not been finalized, but expect something!

Appreciate all the interest!!

Eric

Will there be generic flyers available to print off so that we can slather them all over the walls of our local gaming stores for events? Also, any chance that Henchmen will be provided generic business cards (i.e. Wyrd or Malifaux logo with website address) to hand out? These would be most beneficial for demos of course, as a Henchman could provide their contact information on the back so that they can answer any questions about purchases, rules, etc post demo for new players.

I tried to fill out the application- but adobe wouldn't let me type into it. Will retyping the questions and answering them in an e-mail suffice?

MM

I can't speak directly for Eric but I can tell you that his answer will be yes absolutely.

Just answer all the questions in a text based form (I.E. say yes or no for the check boxes and the like) and send it in.

You will be good to go! :D

Will there be generic flyers available to print off so that we can slather them all over the walls of our local gaming stores for events? Also, any chance that Henchmen will be provided generic business cards (i.e. Wyrd or Malifaux logo with website address) to hand out? These would be most beneficial for demos of course, as a Henchman could provide their contact information on the back so that they can answer any questions about purchases, rules, etc post demo for new players.

Ayup.

• 6 months later...