Bayou Gremlins Army

Minky

Hey guys I just bought the bayou gremlins b/c they look awesome! And now that the game is comming out soon i thought i'd expand my force for the game. Now my question to you is what other minis should i get to fit the theme of the bayou gremlins? What minis go with them in the faction? Also what faction are they? Are they outcasts or neverborn? Thanks.

I ordered all the bayou gremlins and the pigs. Just couldn't resist! Nice paint you put on them DemonHerald. Can't wait to get them.

They are really fun to paint so full of character.....

The Silurids are a personal favourite of mine .. and a must have for me in my own swampy themed collection.

• 2 weeks later...

cool so I picked up the hog whisperer and the warpig. How much do you need to play an army in this game? Like if i wanted to play at gencon how much more will i need to get? Anyone have any idea on how army building works in this upcomming game?

How much what, exactly? Looks like just models is what you're asking?

Varying game sizes to accomodate most player's interest from very small box sets all the way to whopping huge. The whopping huge can still have a pretty controllable number of models on your side, though, but you've chosen one of the odd-ball factions and sub-factions that can get pretty swarm based (Gremlins apparently multiply like rabbits). To play, all you'll really be missing is a Master, but I have no idea if the one you'd most want for this group will be available at Gencon.

I'm not at all sure what's common knowledge for army building, but I think it's very safe to say that you and your opponent will agree to a game size and each model will "cost" you points against that. Like, say you both agree to play some size such as 25 points. If one of your models cost 5, you'll have 20 left. That sort of thing.

How many, how much .. etc.

Can start a good game off with 4-7 models, most folks seem to beeline in on 5 or so, but that will give you a good smack down to start with. Some of the playtesters have done some crazy big games but ideally the game is setup for a skirmish, which is the complete opposite of full out war/army/whatnot. So, less is more in this case.

Box sets are going to run you around $30 or so to get a full functioning group to play. Obviously there are some just a touch cheaper, others a bit more, depending on the weight and cost of the miniatures included inside the box.

The Gremlin master has been sculpted, is at the mold makers and will be sent off to a painter before the end of the month and will be available at GenCon to purchase separately or in a box set.