Wish list for Wyrd in 2008 - Gimmie!

stubbdog

Aha, well I knew there was something around here somewhere. Thank you Duende!

Seriously though, since its been brought up, what would you like to see for 2008 (besides the game, I know, I know ... !). Give us the type of miniatures that interest you, what you think of the quality, have we finally gotten most of our glitches in casting or design taken care of (you'll notice, I hope, that our multi-part miniatures go together MUCH better these days). What do you think of the packaging (for those of you who have seen our retail packaging, not just the baggies).

Anyhoo, holler and bellow, bitch and moan, we're curious to hear your thoughts and wants.

I'm with Vike more gribbliness.. mutant experiments lsimy slippery tentacled gribbly goodness.

also mehanical / steampunk creations ..the spiders rock how about some bigger buggers...

quality of the latest releases cast wise is really top notch so keep that up..

Boobies... we have the dead belles how about a living group of Femme fatales ala sin city...sexed up whip wielding bad ass bitces with Gimp slaves and a crimelord pimp....

One of the things that I like about Wyrd minis is that most of them show a lot of emotion on their faces, not just a straight face. I also like a lot of the disturbing minis just because they are so different. But, at the same time there is a limit too, as I am not a fan of gore based art, which several minis revolve.

I admit that the whole gunslingers westerns, just dont do much anything for me.

I guess for me its not so much a particular thing that I want to see as it is features on things I want to see. I love the mad hatter and his sneer that he has on his face, an would love to see a similar sinister look on some cool monsters or even on other characters.

I like that there are a good number of Wyrd models where its not all about the sword or gun in their hand but rather their personality. Not saying they cant have weapons, just saying that the weapons are not the focal point. I think that is the one thing I dont like about some of the Reaper stuff, is that it is impossible to fnd a model that isnt all about their weapon they have.

On the flip side, I also really liked the Misaka model and its flare of the orient yet elegance and style of the flip flops and whirling kimono. I don't know that I wold like to see a bunch of ninjas or catwomen in fetish suits or anything like that, but more of the oriental women with attitude (all types of attitudes sly, sinuous, seductive, rage, sneer, tactical, etc....) also would be really cool to me. Femnine and alluringin their colorful kimonos, but graceful and powerful in whatever role they happen to be in.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see more mini's that revolve around Morgue Master McMourning & Sebastian! Like a nurse, and maybe a couple of assistants with a gurney hauling something horrible on it. Or how about a mini in a big lab beaker?

Also, it would be cool to see some more animal mixes for Marcus the Beastmaster!

Well inspired by Anders and using the JMD orc Bust to get my eye back in today I have to say can we see some small busts....(head and shoulders vike calm down) ..

It's just they seem to be a popular thing at the moment and really are great fun and one of the things people always comment on about the Wyrd range are the awesome faces ..

The Jmd bust is only about 2" and is a great fun size.. some of the cool characters Like Seamus Sebastian and Mortimer would make awesome candidates....

• 2 weeks later...

as far as wyrd west wishes go :

Demonslayers :

- a cross between El Mariachi and Gungrave (I never watch anime so I dont know if its the characters name).. that one would be high on my wishlist :)

- a wild west steampunk van helsing variant (not based on the actual descriptions of van helsing but rather the modern view of him.) http://image020.mylivepage.com/chunk20/205147/143/Van%20Helsing.jpg

- this could blend with either of the above, vincent valentine ! but wyrd is more original than just making a not-randomname character, however someone NEEDS his 3barelled gun and steampunk claws http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/tbb-AnimeSide/vincentvalentino.jpg and http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3298/wallstarvincenttr5.jpg tough I know, usually girls are a big fan of that character :)

I can actually see the 3 above together grouped as demonslayers, adding in a steampunkish priest (whos not a gunslinger, but more a support figure, maybe having a big book of exorcism) and his assistant choirboy maybe carrying more books, and vials of holy water and ammo for the gunslingers... I actually immediately envision the priest (or boy) being able to give the 3 demonslayers

support when needed (defensive auras against demonic attacks, or silver bullets or bullets dipped in holywater :))

- When I look at Skyas avatar combined with the naturespirits request. I see 4 elemental spiritwarriors (native american inspired) for air, earth, water and fire combined with an old aging shaman (but not in traditional clothing, the shaman has cowboy clothes, he is grey but not senile, he still can kick some ass... there is an native american actor who jumps to mind, he is pretty big too, tough Im not sure wether he really looks that old.)

- Wendigo... not a werewolf wannabe, technically its more or less a ghoul or a wight. tough just holding on to the real description makes it a tad bit boring, maybe an injun character that can morph into the wendigo, and make the wendigo a more feral (if I understand good what feral means) ghoul.

- generally more native malifauxers ;)

- indeed also some cavalry figures would be nice, tough I think a hell to make rules for in a character-driven game, steampunk horses, the 4 apocalyptic riders, and wyrdwest marshals on their horses.

the riders dont have to be riding tough,

- a machinist inspired character (sprung to mind when I saw this http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img468baf63a124f.jpg )

- more to go with misaki, maybe even a *cowboy samurai* http://www.steampunkmusha.com/images/cover_image.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm into Steampunk, Horror [ala Van Helsing/ Brotherhood of the Wolf,], Western [ala Tombstone], Sin City style flicks, & baseball [Go BRAVES]. How about a pair of Spanish steampunk friars who resemble Bobby Cox & Leo Mazzoni [braves Manager & former Pitching Coach]? A Van Helsing type with that babe & his friar, the steam power horse, the Native American spirit warriors/shaman all have an appeal. How about a steampunk scarecrow?

It would be cool to have a bag of skulls [my most requested embellishment] BTW does anyone have a source of gears [clock style]?

As long as you continue to make minis with the incredible amount of sheer character & pesonality that are manifest in the current range, whatever you come up with will rock my boat.

"I'd say that's mighty bold talk from a one-eyed fat man."