Even 20 more Questions: Food

EricJ

Hi Everyone, well, the first 2 were fun, so lets hear about your tastes!

1) Favorite: Food, if you had to pick 1 item to eat as your last meal, this is your prefect food

2) Favorite: Type (nationality) of Cuisine

3) Favorite: Breakfast

4) Favorite: Lunch

5) Favorite: Dinner

6) Favorite: Desert

7) Favorite: Drink (non-alcoholic)

8) Favorite: Alcoholic Drink

9) Favorite: You're ordering a meal that can be prepared anywhere from mild to super spicy, what would you usually choose

10) Favorite: Pizza (list all the things you'd put on your ideal pizza)

11) Favorite: Fruit or vegetable

12) Favorite: Your favorite restaurant and why (and where it is, so if we're ever in your part of the world we can go there!)

13) Favorite: Guilty pleasure food (something you probably wouldn't admit you like but you can't help it)

14) Favorite: Type/cut of meat

15) Favorite: Sandwich (construct your ideal sandwich, list everything)

16) Least Favorite: Fruit or Vegitable, something you always avoid

17) Least Favorite: Food item that was absolutely the worst thing you have ever tried to eat

18) Least Favorite: Drink (alcoholic or otherwise)

19) Least Favorite: Type/cut of meat

20) Least Favorite: Type (nationality) of Cuisine

21) Memorable: What is your most memorable dining experience? (this doesn't have to be due to the food, could be due to the circumstances surrounding it, for example a date, or end of a fast, etc...)

Ahhhh.....food; one of my most favorite things....

1) Favorite: Food, if you had to pick 1 item to eat as your last meal, this is your prefect food

Tacos

Chinese

Ham & cheese omlette (my style)

Sesame Chicken

Tacos

Vanilla yogurt

Coffee (although I've been trying to cut back on it and have started drinking various fruit juices)

Spiced Rum, White Russian or Colorado Bulldog

9) Favorite: You're ordering a meal that can be prepared anywhere from mild to super spicy, what would you usually choose

Spicy!

Pepperoni, italian sausage, ham, beef, cheese, extra cheese, extra pepperoni, extra cheese, extra ham, extra cheese, medium thick crust, light sauce

Fruit: grapes or bananas/veggie: corn

12) Favorite: Your favorite restaurant and why (and where it is, so if we're ever in your part of the world we can go there!)

Case del Rey; great little local mexican food restaurant with great food and great people

13) Favorite: Guilty pleasure food (something you probably wouldn't admit you like but you can't help it)

I admit to everything I like (and don't like)

Top sirloin

Smoked turkey, smoked ham, salami, polish sausage, lettuce, pickles, American cheese, mozzarella cheese, vinagrette dressing

Fruit: any citrus (I'm allergic)/veggie: broccoli

17) Least Favorite: Food item that was absolutely the worst thing you have ever tried to eat

Octopus. Very, very gross.

Milk

Pork chops

Not a big fan of Japanese food.

21) Memorable: What is your most memorable dining experience? (this doesn't have to be due to the food, could be due to the circumstances surrounding it, for example a date, or end of a fast, etc...)

I really don't know. If I happen to think of something, I'll come back and edit this

My home made lagsagne, I may it just the way I like, with roast potatoe's and garlic bread.

Italian

Not a breakfast person, but if I do have some it's toast. White bread with butter.

Chicken and Sweetcorn bagette from Greggs

Any slap up Italian meal!

Any good quality Vanilla Ice Cream

Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper or Irn Bru

Red Wine

Medium to hot.

Chicken, mushroom, ham, pepperoni, salami, sweetcorn

Apple

Small family run restaurant at the top of Il Vittorio Emmanualle in Rome. Home made pasta's and great meats. Beautiful food!

Nothing really, never really tried 'hiding' a food I liked. Though I suppose sometimes I just like eating kiddie food like fish fingers and chips or chicken nuggets or something!

Pastrami

Chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, cucumber

Onion's

Artichoke hearts

Cider

I like most meats, but if fish is included then any non-white fish.

Indian

The Italian restaurant mentioned above, we went there on the first trip last year and it was so good had to find it when we went back at xmas (which took a while, but I was determined). Then Laura almost ordered sheeps brains, the waiter came back and had to query it, as foriegners often get it mixed up with a lamb dish (due to the translation)

One character

Seafood.

Too many for a favorite....maybe German?

Biscuits and Gravy

Chicken Salad

Shrimp and baked potato

Cheesecake or a brownie

Milk

Baileys Irish Cream over ice

Spicy!

I like everything on my Pizza...meat, cheeses, all veggies..

Pears....Corn

I like eating at home better...but I'll go with the a restaurant here in my town called cu (the abbreviation of copper) Fine dining.

Count Chocula

Rib Eye Steak...or maybe just hamburger

Peanut Butter (chunky) and Strawberry Preserves, with slices of Colby Cheese and dill pickles. Yummy!

Broccoli...Used to love it, ate too much on a diet once....vile weed!

Gas station sandwiches.

Wine

Rocky Mountain Oysters

20) Least Favorite: Type (nationality) of Cuisine Canadian

Hmm...I had been on a very successful diet for quite a while, was working out of town, practiclly starving myself (hard to believe if you see me now) but on the morning of the way home, I stopped and got a McDonalds 'McGriddle" which is basically a sausage and egg sandwhich using pancake for the bread....OMG it was soooooo good.

Risotto with mushrooms

At the moment, Italian

Pancakes with strawberry jam

There's an Indian restaurant near my work place with an excellent panir (a home made cheese) stew

An Italian pasta sauce or risotto

Panacotta with passion fruit

Water and coffee

Ale or bitter

Pretty spicy

Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, garlic, seafood, grilled aubergine, grilled peppers

Fruit: mango, vegetable: fennel

An Italian restaurant in Stockholm called Primo. Great food, fairly cheap, good wines and excellent staff.

I would admit anything

I don't eat meat

Sallad, red onion, pickled cucumber, shrimps, mayonaise, sour cream, dill

Brussels sprouts

Probably "surströmming" (fermented herring)

Overly sweet soda (i.e. most types of soda)

All of them

Hmmm... Norwegian food is not great, nor is Finnish.

Probably when me and my girlfriend indulged ourselves at a fancy, French restaurant in Budapest. The food was great, the restaurant was absolutely beautiful and when I checked my account when I got home how much the visit cost me (it's so difficult calculating how much the Hungarian price is in Swedish money) I found that it cost me about 30 euros in total for two people including wine and a fairly generous tip to the waiter. :D

Three Cheese Enchiladas with Spanish Rice.

Good Mexican food, unfortunately here in Georgia, I have yet to find any :(

Huevos Rancheros with Chicken Hash

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

Chicken Chimichanga smothered with Adobo chili sauce and Pepperjack cheese

Tiramisu, made with Ladyfingers, espresso, rum and marscapone cheese (not the normal half-A$ crap you see in most store)

Sonic Diet Cherry Limeade

Screwdriver with Skyy Vodka

Super Spicy (heaven help me if i ever get an Ulcer)

Chicken, Mozzarella Cheese, Pepperjack Cheese, Pepperoni and Fresh Jalapenos

Granny Smith Apple

Desert Fire, in Downtown Seattle(was in Pembroke place mall near GCC when I lived there 6 years ago), they had an interesting take on fusion cuisine of both mexican and italian, while keeping to a decent spice level without everything turing into sheer and utter cr!p.

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese

Barbecue (that's a slow cooked beef brisket, that falls off the bone for those not from Texas)

Thin sliced round steak, grilled, with onions, pickled jalapeños(nacho slices), Pepper jack Cheese, Mayonnaise, Texas Pete's Red Hot sauce on a Hoagie roll

16) Least Favorite: Fruit or Vegetable, something you always avoid

Peas

Grouse

Beer (I know this is likely to get me shot and/or banned)

Pork Butt

French

Was at a chinese buffet with a friend of mine. He was eating a pice of Ox tail and wondred what part of a cow it came from. Had to explain, it was the tail of an actual ox tail. He spit out what was left in his mouth into a napkin and then proceeded to scrub his tongue. Funniest this I'd ever seen

:)

Macaroni

Italian

Weetbix and bananas

Chiscken sandwich

Macoroni

Pavlova

Water

Jim Bean

Mild

Bacon, chicken. mushrooms, capsicum, cheese (mix of feta and mozzarella) onion.

Oranges

Sohl Bar (in Hamilton New Zealand) Specialize in game foods - rabbit, pheasant, venison etc.

McDonalds

Chicken drum stick

Chicken, lettuce, tomato, feta cheese, beetroot on olive foccacia

brussel sprouts

oysters

The chinese tea made with condensed milk and has the little jellies at the bottom - yuck!!

Organs!

None

Sohl bar, dating my now wife and had pheasant in dark chocolate sauce.

Seafood

Chinese definitely

Laksa, its like curry noodle

Anything light

Grilled beef with baked potatoes

Ice cream and mango pudding

Ribena

Jack Daniels

Spicy

Mushrooms, pineapples, ham & cheese. Hawaiian style

Durains

Can't remember the name but its in Paris. They serve the best seafood I have ever eaten.

Biscuits made from mooncake crust shaped into a pig.

Sirloin

Turkey ham, onions, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce. With honey mustard.

Kimchi

cockles

Carbonated mineral water

steamed fish

Probably Korean

It has to be that restaurant in Paris I mentioned above. I was with my ex pampering ourselves with this seafood platter called the "Admiral" which cost us roughly US$250 at that time.

quote.gif

Errr...nothing comes to mind...

Indian, without a doubt.

A bowl of cereal, a pair of toasts and a bagel, along with a bit of juice and some water.

Depends where I am and what I've got available.

Falafel pita. It's fast to make, filling and delicious.

6) Favorite: Dessert

Rasgullas, ice cream.

Ice tea. The home-made sort, not the sweet Nestea sort.

Black Velvet, Vodka on the Rocks, French Connection, Southern comfort + 7up.

Burn-my-throat-out-for-a-week spicy. Go on, I dare you - you can't make anything spicy enough to make me tear up while eating.

Easy. Hot peppers, black olives, onions, feta cheese, cheddar.

Yellow plums, brown cherry tomatoes.

Pushap. It's a small family-run indian restorant near my parents' - the food is simply incredible and the cost is so low it's almost unbelievable.

Cheese. It's not that it's bad, it's just that I eat massive amounts of it because I like it so much.

None.

Pimpernickel/rye bread, dijon mustard, tomatoes, iceberg salad, green and peppers, onions, aged cheddar, romano and domyati, ground pepper, labneh.

Eggplant and mushrooms. Too squishy.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'd say anything cooked which contains ricotta cheese - that's pretty awful.

Cherry flavoured stuff, I'd guess.

Any/all. Can't eat meat, for some reason I can't digest it.

Not all that fond of Asian cuisine (too fish-based for my liking).

Nothing specific comes to mind, other than a couple of Gencon experiences...

Alwas wondered what the point of a last meal was ... I would go with Mashed Potatoes, Kraut and Bratwurst (as German as it can get ;-) )

German and any mediterranean cuisine

2 buns with cheese and/or salami plus lots of coffee

Rouladen (that´s a thin slice of beef, rolled up with bacon, mustard and onions inside and slowly boiled in red wine for about 1 1/2 hours

see #4

Mousse au chocolat (my selfmade one is really good, I must say ...)

Coffee

Bourbon Whiskey

medium

tomato sauce, mozarella cheese, garlic, onions, artichocke hearts, black olives and ham

fruit: pears, veg.: asparagus

Uh, don´t eat out much. I have a favorite turkish fast food restaurant in Mainz though. Really good and light on the wallet.13)

Favorite: Guilty pleasure food (something you probably wouldn't admit you like but you can't help it)

Can I name a drink? I like a Dr. Pepper now and then ...

probably some beef - don´t know how they would translate into english. The beasts are cut up differntly in Germany than in the UK/US.

Salami, Mustard, Emmentaler cheese and a tomato slice

Broccoli

"Handkäs mit Musik". That´s a special kind of sour, strong smelling cheese coming along in an onion/vinegar/oil dressing. yuck.

sweet cocktails. I like my alcohol raw ;-)

brains and kidneys (But I like liver and heart)

none

Once cooked a five part menu for 20 people - that was cool.

my 2 cents

A huge bucket of berries, blueberies, strawberries, heck just name the berries and toss them in the bucket with the rest.

Italian

Muesli and yoghurt with honey

Tosty

Talapiafilet (that's fish) with a creamsause, green asperegus and gratin potatoes

Greek yoghurt and lots and lots of berries... any kind

Tomato/verry-juice (no beets in it though... juck)

Baileys

medium spicy. I like flavor... not burning lips, need buckets of water stuff (I am not used to spicy really)

Veggy pizza & Tuna pizza, Paprika, unions, cheese (lot and lots of cheese), herbs, mushrooms, other veggies.. I don't know.

Hmm... both? ... lets go with fruit due to the berries.

I don't have one

I always said I wouldn't eat wild... I did eat deer a few weeks back. Something I always said i didn't think I would. And it was so so very very good. One of the best meals i ever had... was in swizerland

Chicken on the grill

Tuna, corn, letuce (the crispy kind) and a bit of mayonaise

Brussle sprouts

Very fat meat. It was a little blocks of meat with huge portions of blubbery fat a friend made and was very proud off. I ate one and gagged even if I tried to cover it up. I really can not swallow that... Juck.

Coffee an beer

Anything with clear fat on it

No clue

I guess it's time for me...although I am actually noticing a big difference in my tastes...

Unagi Nagiri - Eal over rice, it's heaven!

Japanese

Pancakes, eggs, bacon, Orange Juice

Sandwich (details below about what type of sandwiches)

Sushi!

Tiramisu

Cranberry Juice

Nearly anything Vodka (comes from having dated a russian girl for many many years)

Medium usually, I like heat, but not THAT much

I'm rather simple, pepperoni and black olives with extra cheese!

Fruit: Strawberries or grapes Vegitable: Broccoli, asparagus, or artichokes

Shogun - Japanese restaurant in down town santa cruz, it's great!

I always hate admitting this...but Funions

Prime Rib

On a sourdough roll, sliced turkey, pickles, sprouts, extra mayo, lots of cheese, lettuce

Eggplant!

Hmmm, cow brain...not sure if it was that it really tasted bad...but I just couldn't get over the idea of it...

Guava Juice...I have a bad history with Guavas

corn-beef, just don't like the stuff!

German

The first time I went out with Casey...the restaurant was really bad, but right on the beach, but more than anything it was just realizing how strong a connection we had from the first time we met.

OH. I can SO get into this. I like food of all kinds.

Shepherd's Pie. Yes, that is correct.

Mexican. More spicy, the better.

What is this 'breakfast'? A morning meal? What is a morning? I suppose, if pressed, it'd be french toast.

French fries. Give them anything else..burger, sandwich, steak.

Whatever is in front of me. I enjoy the dinner meal. Forced to choose, though, it'd probably be fish and chips.

Ice cream. Preferably Ben & Jerry's. And then preferably Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

Diet soda.

I no longer imbibe alcohol. Sad, but true. Before, it was beer. Really, any kind.

Ho, super spicy. Spicy spicy spicy. I want my lips to become numb from spicy.

Cheese. Outside of that, pizza is tainted with too many toppings.

Vegetable. And from there, its a virtual tie with the potato, asparagus, and broccoli.

The Dartmoor Inn (and yes, I live in the US and not the UK). The why involves its

location and the fact that the potatos were really good. Really, really good. Locally, I

would say its Little Mexico. Guess what they serve.

I admit to eating ice cream, so that goes away. But I don't generally admit to gulping

large quantities of broccoli, so even though its not a pleasure food, I'll go with that.

Oh, dead cow. Yum. I'd say sirloin, or ribeye, or prime rib, or..

The reuben. It is the perfectly created sandwich. No change necessary.

Lamb. Just don't like sheep of any kind.

Cottage cheese. Or cream cheese. Or tapioca pudding. Pick one for me.

Well, um..oh! Has to be pickle juice.

Lamb. Not because its a baby. Because it is sheep.

Um...American. Do we have cuisine? OH! I know. Japanese sushi like things. Fish

needs to be cooked, usually.

The Dartmoor Inn. Location, mostly. There was food that involved potatos, and a

lovely English gentleman telling the group of the creepy stories involving Dartmoor.

To go along with that, there was the fact that the dark and fog rolled in faster than

anywhere I've ever seen. Perhaps 20 minutes, and it went from normal to seriously

real-life creepy, and remains as cool a dining experience I've had.

Sweet and Sour pork from Highland's Chinese Restaraunt in North Vancouver.

Italian or Chinese.

French Toast, or really, really good pancakes!

I've loved Chicken Strips since I was a kid and haven't grown out of them.

Ribs w/ Caesar salad or Chinese.

Tiramasu (sp?)

Root beer

Rickard's Red

9) Favorite: You're ordering a meal that can be prepared anywhere from mild to super spicy, what would you usually choose.

Spicy.

Pepperoni on it's own is fine.

I love nearly every fruit, apples, peaches, oranges, bananas, and though vegetables like celery and carrots are o-k, fruits win hands down.

Highland's Chinese Food by the Cleveland Dam in North Vancouver, or the Chinese Restaraunt in Edgemont Village, or Giordano's in Chicago.

13) Favorite: Guilty pleasure food (something you probably wouldn't admit you like but you can't help it).

Margaritas, coolers, and I also like broccoli, but have no trouble admitting it.

Medium sirloin.

Chicken Terayki from subway.

Asparagus and white rice. I can't stand either.

17) Least Favorite: Food item that was absolutely the worst thing you have ever tried to eat.

Oh man. There was a TRADITIONAL Chinese food place I went to with some cousins.. food was ... ugh. I've probably had worse, but forget.

Coconut milk was VILE the last time I tried it, but that was half a teenage lifetime ago.

Uber uber uber rare.

Inuit?

Italian w/ Grandparents, but there are a lot of others!