NEWS: MSB TOYS Neat stuff

All of their latest minis are heavily (some might even say very heavily :P) inspired by a chinese-japanese legend : the legend of the monkey king. There have been several mangas done on this so if you are curious and search a bit the net you should find some nice drawings on this theme. And if you know how to search right, you might even sumble on some miniatures based on this theme done by other companies ;).

I really like the pose of the panda but I think it's fur could have been a bit better. The samouraï is really full of character. And for now I have a mixed opinion on the lady.

If their stuff continues to improve at the rate it has done over the last year, expect some stupidly good stuff (even better than these!) very soon. They've only been sculpting 28mm for just over a year. :hail:

I love the samurai dude. MSB certainly deserve much kudos for going their own way and steering clear of hackneyed cliches. Their Monkey King line rocks. I might just bite the bullet and order the whole lot.

oh yeah, I agree with Scott here, I think that right now I look forward to seeing MSB releases more than pretty much any other company (wyrd doesn't count since I see them all ahead of time :D )

I think one day I'll settle in with a big order and just paint their stuff for a few months.

I've just ordered some, the postage to UK is a killer. It works out at £19.00 total for the four main figures, nearly half of that is postage.

Having said that, the figures are very high on my list of 'must have' and I have job and can afford them so I'm not really complaining. Once the first ones arrive (fingers crossed because I never saw the set I ordered from Apocalypse or whatever they were called) I expect to dive in for a full set of the rest.

I would have bought a panda straight off as well but he wasn't ready.

For those that are interested, the book is very good, I believe there's a Penguin classic version available although it went oop for a while in the late 90s. It's called 'Monkey' by Wu Cheng en

The Japanese tv show, dubbed into english, is a firm favourite with UK folk of a certain age.

Shaw Brothers have a set of four films available which I recommend.

Stephen Chow does a 'continuation' in his two Chinese Odyssey films, both are excellent.

I haven't seen any of the mangas but I prefer live action anyway :)

Yeah I definatly have a wishlist for this line forming like crazy. To bad I can't find sendingcost indications anywhere on the site though. All I heared every now and then was that they were high. Is there a way to find out before actually having the order definative (well some figs I want are out of stock/not available yet, so I'm not in a rush)

Charging 14 euros for a couple of miniatures is a load of bullsh*t. Compare that to the shipping cost of Wyrd miniatures (somewhere between 4 and 5 euros...and I even received some candy too :D)! All hail Wyrd !;)

The models look very nice though...but I'm curious how they will hold during casting. The scroll of the withered samurai looks VERY delicate...

Charging 14 euros for a couple of miniatures is a load of bullsh*t....

Totally agree, I can afford it but don't see why I should pay over the odds for shipping. If they want to make more money just make the minis more expensive.

Hopefully they will find an online UK reseller soon.