questions on GG3

le_wahou

Question

I have a few questions on GG3 :

1) Cursed objects : what is the meaning of the "(one each)" on cursed objects ? That's if if multiple models are at the same distance of the killed model ? As I understand, you take the closest model and and give him every cursed objects. This is in case there are multiple models in base contact ?
2) Guard the stash strat markes placement. When you drop strats marker at 4" of centerpoint, that's the center of the strat at 4", or the edge of marker ?
3) Covert operation : You can have 4 claimed strat markers at end of turn 3 and be sure to have 4 strat points ?
4) Reveal of Load 'Em up : can you score with 2 markers near your leader and 1 near opponsing leader ?
5) public demonstration, reveal : can you score with 1 model near an ennemy master and 1 near an ennemy henchman ?

14 answers to this question

1) Cursed objects : what is the meaning of the "(one each)" on cursed objects ? That's if if multiple models are at the same distance of the killed model ? As I understand, you take the closest model and and give him every cursed objects. This is in case there are multiple models in base contact ?

It would be 'if a model has 3, you can remove 1 (to score) and the remaining 2 willl go 1 to the closest model, and 1 to the next closest'.  The 'one each' is to prevent the nearest model from gaining all the tokens and thereby having you 'lose' tokens by having a big model gain like 3-4 tokens and run away.  I think hamelin 2 does something similar when he gets rid of blight.

2) Guard the stash strat markes placement. When you drop strats marker at 4" of centerpoint, that's the center of the strat at 4", or the edge of marker ?

I usually assume middle of the marker, but i can be convinced.

3) Covert operation : You can have 4 claimed strat markers at end of turn 3 and be sure to have 4 strat points ?

You only choose targets for covert 'any turn after the first' so you can't claim a marker round 1. that leaves 2 rounds to possibly claim something, and since its 'reveal your models and remove a marker from 1 model' you can only claim 1 marker a round.

4) Reveal of Load 'Em up : can you score with 2 markers near your leader and 1 near opponsing leader ?

I'd say so.

5) public demonstration, reveal : can you score with 1 model near an ennemy master and 1 near an ennemy henchman ?

I'd say so.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

I have a few questions on GG3 :

1. My read is that you have to spread out the objects. For example, you kill a model with 3 cursed objects. You decide to discard one as you haven't scored yet this turn. The other two are divided up to the two closest models. Note it does say 'closest models' plural. Not 'model'. This divides up the objects so you can't just stack them on one hard to kill model. 

2. This one is ambiguous and I've seen different people play it different. Edge is easier to measure and I think the more common interpretation.

3. You can only Claim one Strategy marker a turn, even if all three of the chosen models are alive and eligible. You have to choose one to remove a Claim marker from and only one. 

4. I'd say yes. Curious to see what others think.

5. I think yes, but reading it again I'm not sure. I can see it being read that both have to be near the same model. I'm pretty sure it can be one of each though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, muraki said:

I usually assume middle of the marker, but i can be convinced.

All measurement is done from the edge of things. The strategy makes no mention of measuring from any different point, so why would we?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

21 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

4. I'd say yes. Curious to see what others think.

5. I think yes, but reading it again I'm not sure. I can see it being read that both have to be near the same model. I'm pretty sure it can be one of each though.

Both use singular(either Leader/an enemy Master or Henchman) so it read to me, as a non-native speaker, that all object must be near the same model. Also Wyrd seems like to use the word "each" to describe individual condition checking on different objects, while is not the case in both schemes.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, le_wahou said:

4) Yes, "either Leader" is making both leaders a single entity.

5) No, the Master or Henchman are separate entities. If 1 model near each was the intent, "... of any enemy Master or Henchman of a higher cost, ..."

23 minutes ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

5) No, the Master or Henchman are separate entities. If 1 model near each was the intent, "... of any enemy Master or Henchman of a higher cost, ..."

Couldn't you use the same argument you use for 5 for 4? Wouldn't they have said 'any' there as well? 

I see your point about #5 and think you may be right, but I'm not sure I agree that they are different. If Public Demonstration has to be the same model, then Reveal reads like it has to be the same model as well with 'either' meaning either your leader or the Enemy leader to have all three near. 

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Couldn't you use the same argument you use for 5 for 4? Wouldn't they have said 'any' there as well? 

I see your point about #5 and think you may be right, but I'm not sure I agree that they are different. If Public Demonstration has to be the same model, then Reveal reads like it has to be the same model as well with 'either' meaning either your leader or the Enemy leader to have all three near. 

Either is the same as any when given two options. Any would be used for #5 because there can be 2+ options.

2 hours ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

Load em' up isn't making both leaders a single entity, it's saying either leader counts, but 3 still need to be near one of them. Additionally, to your later comment, either is not the same as any. Either is implicitly telling you to make a choice of one or the other, whereas any does not.

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

Additionally, to your later comment, either is not the same as any. Either is implicitly telling you to make a choice of one or the other, whereas any does not.

I think you are confusing ‘either’ with ‘either or’, they have distinct uses grammatically (‘either’ is the correct form of ‘any’ when dealing with only two options). Prob could use an FAQ though since the use of correct grammar here is different than their previous uses of ‘each’ for explicitness.

1 hour ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

I think you are confusing ‘either’ with ‘either or’, they have distinct uses grammatically (‘either’ is the correct form of ‘any’ when dealing with only two options). Prob could use an FAQ though since the use of correct grammar here is different than their previous uses of ‘each’ for explicitness.

That's not true. Either is always followed by an or when you are making a list. In this case it is implicit because the options can be shorted into a single plural noun, if you were to actually expand it then it would read as "...either a friendly or enemy leader" or some other variation thereof. The only time any or either can be substituted for each other is when you're making a selection from a pool and there are only 2 options.

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

In Your Face end requirement - do you need the original most expensive model to survive or do you need the most expensive surviving model. What about replacement? If I hired an effigy and replaced it with an emissary, will it count as the most expensive model hired? What if I replace a Desolation Engine with an abomination?

21 minutes ago, Ming said:

In Your Face end requirement - do you need the original most expensive model to survive or do you need the most expensive surviving model. What about replacement? If I hired an effigy and replaced it with an emissary, will it count as the most expensive model hired? What if I replace a Desolation Engine with an abomination?

In Your Face's text specifies that it's "the highest cost non-Master model you hired this game"  so it would be the original highest cost model, regardless of replacements or deaths. 

• Agree 3

11 hours ago, Nathan Sells said:

In Your Face's text specifies that it's "the highest cost non-Master model you hired this game"  so it would be the original highest cost model, regardless of replacements or deaths. 

Importantly though if you have multiple models of the same cost you don't need to choose one of them for the end point, as long as any of them can survive to the end and be in the enemy deployment zone you get the point.

• Agree 3

Does the reveal timing on the In Your Face scheme bother anyone else the way it does me? When you reveal at the end of a turn, the fact that the killed model was within 3" of a leader can no longer be verified at that time.

• Agree 1