Breachside Broadcast 200th Episode Giveaway!

1926808019_22-July_Newsletter_BreachsideBroadcast(1).thumb.jpg.c304d2a21bf7bf805a1fa88b29f1d22b.jpg

To celebrate 200 Episodes of Breachside Broadcast, we're doing a Giveaway! Win one of our new Twisted Alternatives by commenting here or on social media with your favorite episode or story of Breachside Broadcast before July 21st 2022 to be entered to win! Want to make sure we see it on social media? Use the tags #playwyrd and #BreachsideBroadcast to let us know!

Ugh, there are too many good ones to chose from.  The Dreamer's first appearance, Lucius taking over the podcast, Nytemare tormenting Pandora, it's so hard to choose.

But if I had to narrow it down, it would be between Tales of Malifaux 30 and 31.  

The first features English Ivan, all the way back in first edition, well before his playable debut.  It took a character I completely overlooked when I first started playing the game (not all that long ago), and took me on a spy adventure filled with sabotage and betrayal.  The story itself is filled with a bevy of colorful characters, eager to leave their impression on the listener.  It's got an air of mystery, skyships, peacekeepers, explosions, what more could you ask for? The story left such a strong impression that English Ivan quickly jumped to the top of my list of favorite masters.

But more than that, it showed me a universe that I was just getting acquainted to was built with purpose, character, and expansion in mind.  It's got me listening to every single Broadcast story and trying to figure out who might be a playable character in the future, as well as who is going to be a major player in things to come (Von Schtooker's from episode 38 and the Story keyword, anyone?)

Episode 31 gives us a story told from 3 points of view.  However to speak of it is to spoil it, and the less said the better (that is, until you listen to it).

However, since I don't want to spoil it, I got to go with Episode 30 as my favorite.

I have to say Episode 30, The Mountain's Straight Reply as it introduced us to English Ivan. However, what really made this episode awesome was the little presentor stories, particularly the one with the conversation with the spider. I wonder if Lamashtu will ever become a character?

Really miss the old presenter from the early days of the Breachside Broadcast. The new adverts aren't bad, but they've got nothing on that presentor!

Tales of Malifaux #6 contains the point at which I fell in love with the setting.  It feels a bit silly to admit it, but specifically it was the moment at which Seamus attempts to fool Lady Justice with a fake mustache and gets stabbed for it.  It's obviously meant to be a one-off gag, but seeing a bit of humor in the middle of this intense firefight in this macabre gritty world while still feeling like genuine characterization really stuck with me.

On 7/12/2022 at 10:18 AM, Hobby Wyrd said:

1926808019_22-July_Newsletter_BreachsideBroadcast(1).thumb.jpg.c304d2a21bf7bf805a1fa88b29f1d22b.jpg

To celebrate 200 Episodes of Breachside Broadcast, we're doing a Giveaway! Win one of our new Twisted Alternatives by commenting here or on social media with your favorite episode or story of Breachside Broadcast before July 21st 2022 to be entered to win! Want to make sure we see it on social media? Use the tags #playwyrd and #BreachsideBroadcast to let us know!

There are so many good ones out there but I really like Tales of Malifaux 42 A long night in red row, part 2. I mean what's not to love there's mystery,  a town being taken over by a "Genius salesman "and his Marionettes, and a hero named Grizzly Dick. Thank you For the content we all love and look forward to more.

• Haha 1

I really like the Parker Barrows ones - all of them (although the latest is taking the character in a direction I don't appreciate).

I really enjoy the down-to-earth persona of the character and he was the first master I properly learned to play.

Here's hoping for more Parker in the years to come!

On 7/14/2022 at 3:52 PM, ViciousSilurid said:

I loved "Master of Fate". Ending is emotional and makes listeners think about the price of Zoraida's power. Also the fact, that Zoraida have outplayed herself is fancy)

Also loveed the story about everyday life in the Guild. It is really funny to see the characters from other perspective 

Congratulations, you are one of the winners of the giveaway. Please email hobby.assistant@wyrd-games.net to arrange for your prize to be sent!

I'm too late for the contest, but I really liked listening to episode one when it first came out. I'd already read the books so I knew the story, but listening to the adverts and other parts of the aethervox broadcast really helped set the malifaux feeling.