Dishonored Lucius draw/play balance

belorey

Hi, 

Today i played my first Lucius game (original i didn't like) and new model looks amazing.

But during the game i miss a little bit of card draw. Its true that i played with 13ss OOK (steward + Sly) so maybe with more keyword models becone easy to draw more cards... 

But i feel like there are no mutch card draw cards if you play with Agent 46 Klauss and Alan because you cannot get card draw with Lawyer.

What am i missing?

3 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Down the wrong path and coordinated attacks are your source of Following Orders card draw. Also lawyers can obey Investigators, False Witnesses and Changelings.

Yeah, even the tótem can be obeyed with Lawyer but out of Changelings looks like there is no place for Investigators or FW. Am i right?

Ok i need to practice more with him. This game he has jumping across table getting all the symbols so i coudn't use the down and his bonus only once. 

I would love to suggest that Lucius 2 draws as many cards as his original title does, but it simply is not the case.

It is probably not sufficient to suggest that the title needs as many cards, but there are significant differences between the lists.

I would say for the most part you shouldn't be looking to draw a large number of cards with Lucius 2 and should focus on the elements that make him a monster in combat. As Maniacal said, coordinated attack, Down the wrong path, and You have your orders are the best and easiest ways to proc the following orders front of card ability, but there are many better themes in the title version to put your focus on. You have high offensive stats almost across the board and the Scribe's betrayal aura combined with the Guild mage should set you up to basically never lose a model whilst it is in the bubble (this does not hold up to the scribe being attacked indirectly or being one tapped).

My personal list really enjoys Dr. Grimwell - his discard synergises really very well with the rest of the crew and can be a massive source of hand pressure for your opponents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I also really like grimwell with lucius 2. I feel like you can put a lot of hand pressure on the opponent between Scribe aura, grimwell and executes from agent and Alan. In my last games with him I included agent, grimwell, lone Marshal, doppleganger and a lawyer and Grimwell always either killed a key model of my opponent or depleted their hand to setup the executes. 

I thought about including a Riflemen for long range executes from agent and a doppleganger since you can make sure to get the right suit with lucius scheme marker. Although that might be a little gimmicky.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 1:31 PM, belorey said:

Hi, 

Today i played my first Lucius game (original i didn't like) and new model looks amazing.

But during the game i miss a little bit of card draw. Its true that i played with 13ss OOK (steward + Sly) so maybe with more keyword models becone easy to draw more cards... 

But i feel like there are no mutch card draw cards if you play with Agent 46 Klauss and Alan because you cannot get card draw with Lawyer.

What am i missing?

I'm having the same problem.  I'm thinking about ignoring down the wrong path and focusing on other abilities

13 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

You can snag Alan for Nefarious Pact if you need.

Okay, but Alan is just baseline very good so why not include him in the first place? :P

Dishonorable brings somewhat less card draw, but he puts a lot more pressure on your opponent so the cards he does draw go further. Granted, I've only played against him, ymmv.

15 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I think you just have to play the crew without much card draw (unless you're neverborn). You might get tomes from lawyer, and one card from Lucius, and you have to make do with an 8 card hand.

You can snag Alan for Nefarious Pact if you need.

Yes i've been thinking and thats the most eficient game with Dishonored, you can draw 1 or 2 from Lawyer (you cam obey the totem or changeling for extra card draw), other one from Lucius bonus, plus one from Alan and thats It. 3 to 4 cards turn + tools.