Does Rasputina need the Dispatcher treatment?

Maniacal_cackle

For this reason I'm super curious to see Rasputina's title, and more importantly the cross-keyword model with Frozen Heart.

The new Frozen Heart model, while obviously playing into the new title could, and hopefully will do something special for the OG Rasputina.

I'm hoping she gets a boost, don't want her to be top tier but she is currently really lagging basically on the same level as Dashal (who got monstrous with a tweak to his totem) and Youko (who got a full card radical rework). I'm hoping (and inclined to believe) Raspy doesn't need a full ground up rework, I figure a new model for Frozen Heart, maybe a little tweak of the Ice Golem, Ice Gamin and Ice Dancers (which are all pretty poor) and hopefully she'll be up to speed with our other masters.

• Like 1

I'd prefer her card get a looking into rather than "forcing" her to play with specific models in order to work. I also don't want the new title to just be the default Raspy. I hope it's good and I hope its different, but I also want OG to be just as playable. 

One of the big issues with the crew is how pillars actively work AGAINST them, providing cover for the enemy. However the other problem is just how penalized Raspy is by using her core mechanic. Look to new Colette and how easy she's able to use decoys compared to all the hoops Raspy needs to jump through to use Ice Pillars. 

Having to discard to use triggers is just painful. It makes her so resource demanding just to use her basic set of tools. I hope to see this change rather than using a bandaid model in order to work. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Dashel used to be trash according to some, but then one errata to his totem turned him into an S tier crew.

Do you think something similar could be done with Rasputina? What would you put on the totem to make the crew function better (ignoring titles ;p)

Was the errata just the draw a card at the end?

I think letting Ice Conduit ignore Ice Mirror’s discard for triggers, draw after Raspy/Silent discards for a trigger due to Ice Mirror, or even draw instead of discarding for Ice Mirror triggers would provide a boost easily accomplished via errata. Wendigo would be able to use its own Ice conduit for cards, so an “instead draw” could be near an over-correction.

1 hour ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

Was the errata just the draw a card at the end?

I think letting Ice Conduit ignore Ice Mirror’s discard for triggers, draw after Raspy/Silent discards for a trigger due to Ice Mirror, or even draw instead of discarding for Ice Mirror triggers would provide a boost easily accomplished via errata. Wendigo would be able to use its own Ice conduit for cards, so an “instead draw” could be near an over-correction.

It was card draw and allowing the crew to use Dispatcher as an enemy scheme marker IIRC. Aka, basically turned on every ability in the crew.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Jordon said:

I'd prefer her card get a looking into rather than "forcing" her to play with specific models in order to work. I also don't want the new title to just be the default Raspy. I hope it's good and I hope its different, but I also want OG to be just as playable. 

It seems most factions have revealed an alternative Summoner, of a smaller pool (Perdita, Seamus, Zoraida).

The only other unrevealed Arcanist is Sandeep, so it probably won't be him.

I figure Lynch and Hamelin (though Parker would be funnier) would fill that role for their factions.

So, a Raspy that can summon Icies (like the M2E upgrade), or the Fleshies (like Seamus), seems like an alternative that changes gameplay.

9 hours ago, Jordon said:

110% true, on each point.

The Dispatcher is the totem for Dashal, so essentially a must take model, basically a variety of direct master upgrade that adds power, some flexibility (a separate model)  and certain vulnerabilities (it is not master tough), excellent. In contrast the new Frozen Heart, while it can help, will be problematic as a "must" take. Also very much want OG-Raspy and her crew to get their own boost, I honestly feel it would not take much.

I agree the Ice Pillars is the core issue, from 1E and 2E I feel they were gun shy of the back field arc blaster Raspy to the degree that they handicapped her to make sure it wouldn't happen. 

49 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

It seems most factions have revealed an alternative Summoner, of a smaller pool (Perdita, Seamus, Zoraida).

The only other unrevealed Arcanist is Sandeep, so it probably won't be him.

I figure Lynch and Hamelin (though Parker would be funnier) would fill that role for their factions.

So, a Raspy that can summon Icies (like the M2E upgrade), or the Fleshies (like Seamus), seems like an alternative that changes gameplay.

Note with the new titles Ironsides has a lite summon, so does Mei. That may be what we get. I do anticipate Sandeep will move away from summoning.

Here is a slightly outside the box idea for a Raspy summoner, she can summon live models (the issue is Silent Ones, they are so good) through Corpse Markers and she can summon Ice Gamin through Scrap Markers, mixed with a bonus action or trigger which can 'freeze' Corpse Markers into scrap and 'melt' Scrap to Corpse. Or maybe the keyword model can summon Gamin and Raspy can summon December Acolytes and Ice Dancers (or the reverse). Personally I'd love a summon Ice Elementals Raspy, even if it is pretty limited, it would have to be efficient as the Ice Gamin and Golem are not that great.

I am waiting with baited breath on both Raspy and Sandeep, need to plan my forthcoming year.

19 hours ago, dancater said:

110% true, on each point.

The Dispatcher is the totem for Dashal, so essentially a must take model, basically a variety of direct master upgrade that adds power, some flexibility (a separate model)  and certain vulnerabilities (it is not master tough), excellent. In contrast the new Frozen Heart, while it can help, will be problematic as a "must" take. Also very much want OG-Raspy and her crew to get their own boost, I honestly feel it would not take much.

I agree the Ice Pillars is the core issue, from 1E and 2E I feel they were gun shy of the back field arc blaster Raspy to the degree that they handicapped her to make sure it wouldn't happen. 

Note with the new titles Ironsides has a lite summon, so does Mei. That may be what we get. I do anticipate Sandeep will move away from summoning.

Here is a slightly outside the box idea for a Raspy summoner, she can summon live models (the issue is Silent Ones, they are so good) through Corpse Markers and she can summon Ice Gamin through Scrap Markers, mixed with a bonus action or trigger which can 'freeze' Corpse Markers into scrap and 'melt' Scrap to Corpse. Or maybe the keyword model can summon Gamin and Raspy can summon December Acolytes and Ice Dancers (or the reverse). Personally I'd love a summon Ice Elementals Raspy, even if it is pretty limited, it would have to be efficient as the Ice Gamin and Golem are not that great.

I am waiting with baited breath on both Raspy and Sandeep, need to plan my forthcoming year.

If they added a new model (or models) that was 6-7 stones and filled the gap between gamin and golem she would have as many summon options as Ivan and more than Tara. Easiest option being where she summons from an ice pillar.

Though part of me is hoping for something other than summoner.