MWS in may - double the pleasure

SEV

I'm back! NB winrate was way to high, I'll help to bring it down, so it will fit with what some people expect for this faction 😋

Seriously, I'm eager to play NB in may. Especially with the new double master rule.

I think we have access to some potent double masters combo in the purple faction. Mama Z as a support for about everything seems awesome. 

My other pet master, Dora, seems really good with both Lucius and Euripides. I'm looking forward to try both of these combinations.

I actually try this list in a R1 practice yesterday and it was good. Maybe missing a healer.

STAGERPIDES (Euripides +Dora) (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Euripides
Totem(s):
  Primordial Magic
Hires:
  Pandora
  Cyclops
    Ancient Pact
  The Damned
  Lyssa
  Lyssa 2
  Lyssa 3

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What is going on with you NB players? You're not so quiet usually... Moreover, we're the most played faction this month with 18 players! 

(Maybe because we're the best double masters faction). 

@Makhinawins with his beloved Dora support by the autumns queen.  And @Khyodeelost a close one with D+Z to the fearsome @Legislat... Pandora also wins vs Zoraida (NB).

I also went for the little kid + grandma combo. @ScottishMetaLew, without surprise, will play Euripides for a classic sunday morning (morning for me at least) game.

Dreamer (Pact)

Chompy

Mama Z

Widow

Bandersnatch 

Serena

8ss

VS

Euripides (Eldritch)

P. Magic

Thoon

The Damned 

Cyclops (Pact)

Geryon

But lunging

Lyssa

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SEV said:

What is going on with you NB players? You're not so quiet usually... Moreover, we're the most played faction this month with 18 players! 

@Makhinawins with his beloved Dora support by the autumns queen.  And @Khyodeelost a close one with D+Z to the fearsome @Legislat... 

It's was a good game, I just lack experience with Zoraida and it showed. May be time to solo her for a couple months.

29 minutes ago, Khyodee said:

It's was a good game, I just lack experience with Zoraida and it showed. May be time to solo her for a couple months.

I feel you. What was your list (if you don't mind sharing)?

2 hours ago, SEV said:

What is going on with you NB players?

Mine is scheduled for tomorrow night; Dreamer vs Ivan.

1 hour ago, Khyodee said:

I'm feeling like she's gonna be a rock star in gg2. But I'm in the same boat, no experience yet. I need to carve out time to play her in non-event games before I drop her in the series.

2 hours ago, SEV said:

@Makhinawins with his beloved Dora support by the autumns queen.  And @Khyodeelost a close one with D+Z to the fearsome @Legislat... Pandora also wins vs Zoraida (NB).

I also went for the little kid + grandma combo. @ScottishMetaLew, without surprise, will play Euripides for a classic sunday morning (morning for me at least) game.

Dreamer (Pact)

Chompy

Mama Z

Widow

Bandersnatch 

Serena

8ss

VS

Euripides (Eldritch)

P. Magic

Thoon

The Damned 

Cyclops (Pact)

Geryon

But lunging

Lyssa

I lost by one point on Tuesday of last week against Mei Feng, 5 to 6. It was a super tight game and I played myself with Intuition and it cost me the game. 

I've got a Euri Vs Mama Z game scheduled for Tuesday. First time facing her and it's my opponents first time playing her. 

This will mark game number 8 with Euri for me in my quest to play him 20 times against other players. 

We should probably make a specific topic for these sorts of discussions. We could call it the Neverborn Casual Chat.

Someone bring out ze comfy chair. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 6:38 PM, SEV said:

Dreamer (Pact)

Chompy

Mama Z

Widow

Bandersnatch 

Serena

8ss

VS

Euripides (Eldritch)

P. Magic

Thoon

The Damned 

Cyclops (Pact)

Geryon

But lunging

Lyssa

I'm really looking forward to our game. Hopefully euri can hold up against a double master combowombo

19 minutes ago, ScottishMetaLew said:

I'm really looking forward to our game. Hopefully euri can hold up against a double master combowombo

Same! I don't have much experience against Euripides, so you have that (and probably superior play skills) on your side. 

But I must say that Kid and Grandma feel really powerful. We'll see tomorrow how it plan out.

On 5/5/2021 at 2:47 PM, Khyodee said:

Zoraida was one of those masters that took me almost 3 dozen games to “get”. She has sooooo many options 

3 hours ago, Makhina said:

Zoraida was one of those masters that took me almost 3 dozen games to “get”. She has sooooo many options 

Totally I picked her at the beginning of 2021 (I play her both in Bayou and NB) and most of the time when I think about my game I'm like "oh snap, I could have done this and that instead"... I think she could be one of the most powerful master in the game in the hand of a top player but for us normal folk, she doesn't give away wins (as Old Dreamer did sometime).

Z is definitely a master that requires you to be very familiar with everything on the table to get the most out of her. Its also easy to get stuck in "Stat 7 Obey is always the best option" when she also has Hex with 2 very useful triggers.

Z is a very strong second master due to the utility she brings. She can funnel AP through whatever model needs it and she refills your hand. If you're going the AP funnel route you only need 7s too so she only competes for severes if you want to offensively Obey.

My game against @ScottishMetaLew ended in a tie as time's fitting for a fratricide war (nobody wins as the Ancient greeks taught us).

It was a fun game a bit messy (I forgot to reshuffle my deck on t3 and we had some timing misscommunication) but full of powerful stuff and interaction (Thoon captured a spider on the side of the map but she got deliver by a lonely daydream and take her revenge on the Giant). Thank Lewis, you were a great sport though the whole thing.

I must admit that the fate was on my side this game (especially when a Geryin fail to kill Dreamer for a huge swing in the game). Lewis took the early points advantage but I would have undoubtedly win if the game wasn't call on time. 

I think we both play at an ok pace, but it so hard to finish a game in 3h with Grandma and Kids... And without our timing problem Lewis would have won, so I can't complain here! 

This map was thematically cool, but also a nightmare for the shadow and heigh rules. It asked for a lot of fiddly positioning. Still the battle on the platform are highly dramatic and felt like king of the hill.

About Z and Dremer (I played them twice on that map and without time limits it's 2 wins) they are clearly the most powerful thing I played since i play malifaux. 

Dreamer + 6 extra cards is busted. It allows you to use him quite aggressively. I especially like to keep a daydream buried than spam Alp. They got a +flip and Dreamer have a mighty cricket bar at +2 dammage. Than you can emergency pop your daydream to protect Dreamer (but usually the Alp are enough). Usually when I played Dreamer I always find it painful to discard for protected, but with Z, it's way easier. So the kid own the platform (with his annoying 4" aura).

Meanwhile Z stay backfield and position my other models (offer with fast or ensorcell). The doll give free scrap to WW to summons stitched. And than the spider can go Scheming on the flank.

On the flip side : Serena does feel  much weaker now. Def 5 and 6 wound hurt a lot. She'll die to a dedicated assault. Still useful ofcourse. Finally luciddream is a footnote of an ability in this build... You'll have a couple of week removed from your deck but you don't have the ridiculous T4/5 Dremer deck anymore (I think it could still work in a dedicated lucid spam list, but not in this one)... Still Z more than compensate for that!

Also, I guess this build can be vulnerable to an alpha strike early in the game (so maybe not the best choice in wedge) and of course you need to play quite fast (since you're summoning 2 to 4 models each turn and Z activation is often quite complicated).

• Like 2

So R2 is over. Personally I won against Schtook with Dora and Z. The official score is 3-2 but my opponent was playing real slow and we had to stop on t3. It would have been a total blow out if we could have play the full game.

This is the list I ran :

Dora & Z (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Pandora
Totem(s):
  Poltergeist
Hires:
  Candy
  Zoraida
  Vasilisa
  Black Blood Shaman
  Mysterious Effigy
    Effigy of Fate

It worked fine. A little bit low on stone and too hungry for mask. Fortunately Z help. The interaction between Stench and Stuned is a fun one. 

How was your R2? @Kharnage seems to tears everyone apart as usual (I assume with solo Nekima). 

And what is your R3?

The Map and scenario seems good for Titania.

I'll play against explorer.

15 minutes ago, SEV said:

How was your R2? @Kharnage seems to tears everyone apart as usual (I assume with solo Nekima). 

It was indeed with solo Nekima. 6-1 over Pandora. He chose to also hire double matures with Ancient Pact, and it was a bold strategy, and he even got first blood by killing one of my Matures, but it kind of all fell apart when his Candy moved to within 8 inches (so triple attack) range of Nekima turn 1. At that point, Nekima Blade Rushed one of his Matures to death (beaten low by my remaining Mature), and burnt all but one of his stones (neg to damage, stone to reduce) beating on Candy, so she died Turn 2 before she could activate to Hayreddin splat-batting her and then Pustuling HIS Mature, and then Pandora fell to Nekima the next activation before Pandora could activate (Nekima Scampered to block LoS to the rest of her crew so that he couldn't Mood Swing the activation off) because with no stones left Pandora crumples. 
He also hired Thoon which was interesting, but couldn't get to the combat fast enough. I was afraid though, Pandora is usually a very swingy matchup for Nekima.

• Like 1

Wow, that was fast and furious. Sad to see Dora fell to the Demon lady in bikini... 

Your opponent crew choices were unusual! My impulse is to try to control the game against an aggro crew like Nekima. Well play though, I didn't even realize that you could pustule your opponent model!

GL against Reice.