Gremlins ain't no fools (april tournament)

SEV

This map is perfect for Ophelia. With no concealing terrain in the middle and very little cover it's the shooting range our Kin deserves. Just let enemies come a little closer before starting to kill them or you'll have to walk too far to pick the evidence.

• Like 1

What's about Mah on this map. She can build a fine gunline and it's easy to spam traps on those bridges (especially as the attacker as you can choose the North-South axis). 

She's more versatile than Ophelia for Scheming: SS Miner or Bushwacker for Break through. SS can do C&R too. Vendetta and LTB are doable. Tricksy can be good to pick those strat marker. 

I'm talking myself in to it since I do not master Ophelia yet (only one game with her). 

25 minutes ago, SEV said:

What's about Mah on this map. She can build a fine gunline and it's easy to spam traps on those bridges (especially as the attacker as you can choose the North-South axis). 

I wouldn't call a bunch of minions with stat 5 guns a gunline. They have guns and can form a line, but they can't perform enough hits. Maybe I'm just bad at spamming topdeck shots.

And scoring full Catch&Release points with a Soulstone Miner looks like a very hard task: you need to score reveal point turn 2 without burying a Mv4 model. It's possible with all that pushes from Mah and Lass, but looks suspicious.

26 minutes ago, SEV said:

She's more versatile than Ophelia for Scheming: SS Miner or Bushwacker for Break through. SS can do C&R too. Vendetta and LTB are doable. Tricksy can be good to pick those strat marker. 

I'm talking myself in to it since I do not master Ophelia yet (only one game with her). 

If you're facing a slow crew, it can work. If you're facing mobile beaters like Misaki, you're toast.

4 minutes ago, Scoffer said:

I wouldn't call a bunch of minions with stat 5 guns a gunline. They have guns and can form a line, but they can't perform enough hits. Maybe I'm just bad at spamming topdeck shots.

Good thing is that they ignore cover, and there isn't almost any concealment in the map. Also the chicken riders could be decent, as long as you can outmaneuver your opponent. Also Trixie with Stat 7 lure + Don't Mind me is quite good for the pool.

However, I agree with you, 1 bad turn of shooting or someone that can put a beater in your face turn 1 and the crew starts to fall apart.

44 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

They still can if you beat them down to one health and heal them back up! It's the super secret tech!

It's 4 min 2 attacks through Armour, or 2 attacks+Analyze Weakness from Sparks, or 2 attacks + 2 actions of Miner in a pit trap. And 2 actions of a healer. A lot of actions to waste turn one and a risk of flipping three moderates when you don't need them. Still better, than being unable to bury, but not very efficient.

12 minutes ago, Scoffer said:

It's 4 min 2 attacks through Armour, or 2 attacks+Analyze Weakness from Sparks, or 2 attacks + 2 actions of Miner in a pit trap. And 2 actions of a healer. A lot of actions to waste turn one and a risk of flipping three moderates when you don't need them. Still better, than being unable to bury, but not very efficient.

I think this is a pool where you can afford to be inefficient turn one if your opponent doesn't alpha strike you, since they have to cross the centreline to score.

And Mah can usually guarantee last activation, so Breakthrough could be a surprise for your opponent here. EDIT: forgot miners can't score this way anymore.

That said, it is definitely just a meme, and not to be taken too seriously xD I'm just on a campaign to restore bury models to Recover pools.

So I'm playing against Neverborn... Mama Z mirror match. We'll se which side of her is the best (answer : it's always the frosty side).

My list :

Z

Juju (12 cups)

First mate (2 gremlins)

Spawn Mother

Bokor

Silurid (2 gremlins)

6ss

Opponen list

Z

Juju

Mctavish 

Angel Eye

Spawn Mother

Bokor 

Wisp

5ss

I was happy to not see Emissary in his list since he's a pain in the mirror. 

Angel eye and Mctavish will have a hard time at shooting other stuff than Juju because of Stealth. I think my list as more mobility so I'll try to gain advantage in the symbol game. He'll probably go for Research and something else probably Martyr since (wisp is a good Martyr target).

Let me know what you think of the Mama Z mirror (we'll be drawing a lot of cards).

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Mctavish and Angel Eyes seems like an interesting choice. Maybe a sort of gotcha list since people don't expect Neverborn shooting.

Maybe... But because he's playing Z I kind of like to use steahl to counter devastating obey from afar...

McTavish will help with reseach Mission but he's also really squishy... I will concede a martyr point if I can kill him and Wisp. That will leave him with very few models to pick symbols. 

What are your matchup for this round?

6 minutes ago, SEV said:

Maybe... But because he's playing Z I kind of like to use steahl to counter devastating obey from afar...

Be careful with Angel Eyes. Three long-range shots per turn can be dangerous for your bokor and Zoraida.

10 minutes ago, SEV said:

What are your matchup for this round?

I'm playing with an Outcast guy from New Zealand, haven't declared anything yet.

It was a one sided game for me. Bayou Zoraida prevailed 8-0 against Neverborn Zoraida. I manage to deal with the Wisp T1 and with Mctavish t2 (keeping him into the barbed wire). I dodge an Angel Eye Shot on my Bokor and manage to activate Zoraida last. Some lucky shot on R1 and R2 and (probably) a better positioning and the game was pretty much over.

From there it was a landslide. My list was a great counter to my oponent list. A lot of stealth and mobile pieces. I focus on his to mobile pieces and put a lot of pressure on his models in his deployment zone and he wasn't able to get out of there for most of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SEV said:

It was a one sided game for me. Bayou Zoraida prevailed 8-0 against Neverborn Zoraida. I manage to deal with the Wisp T1 and with Mctavish t2 (keeping him into the barbed wire). I dodge an Angel Eye Shot on my Bokor and manage to activate Zoraida last. Some lucky shot on R1 and R2 and (probably) a better positioning and the game was pretty much over.

From there it was a landslide. My list was a great counter to my oponent list. A lot of stealth and mobile pieces. I focus on his to mobile pieces and put a lot of pressure on his models in his deployment zone and he wasn't able to get out of there for most of the game.

Well, safe to say you're probably in first place for this week!

Well done!