Problem opponents

4thstringer

Do you have opposing masters that if you face them with guild, you feel really bad about your chances?  For me, I feel that way about Levi, dreamer, shtook, kirai, and cadmus.

It's probably the salt monster in me, but with any of those I give myself a 20% chance at best.  

Do y'all have this experience?

Qiestion from a non guild player. There's a lot of summoners in your list of tought matchup... Ironically I always tough as guild as having the good anti-summons tech (exorcist, barrier of the other world). Same against undead, I tough it was your strong suit. Still, 2 of your 5 nightmare matchup are Ressers...

I'm not saying it's not true, I'm just wondering why you feel that way. 

55 minutes ago, SEV said:

Qiestion from a non guild player. There's a lot of summoners in your list of tought matchup... Ironically I always tough as guild as having the good anti-summons tech (exorcist, barrier of the other world). Same against undead, I tough it was your strong suit. Still, 2 of your 5 nightmare matchup are Ressers...

I'm not saying it's not true, I'm just wondering why you feel that way. 

The anti Undead tech is stupid and lacking. Exorcist works on every summoner. Into Dust is worse execute. Hunt the Dead is worse adversary. The only thing we have against Undead is Command corpse on Domador.

• Agree 2

Guild is supposed to be a faction of killers (Family, Marshal, Frontier, Witch Hunters...) So a HtW keywords are pretty strong because most of the time you go with min. damage even if you are focus.

Also VS is a very mobile keyword, has tech against armour (our big def. tech) and they can be fast so easy.

• Like 1

Levi is only problematic in Public Enemies and he's problematic there for a lot of people.
Schtook is pretty predictable and most masters can handle him IMHO.
Kirai is all about what he whispers, but Lone Marshal really helps.
Colette is a pain in symbols, but we don't have good symbols tech in general.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, belorey said:

I see your Masters and i raise Colette and Shenlong.

I'd probably feel that way but I haven't played against Colette or shen in gg1

58 minutes ago, Filox said:

The anti Undead tech is stupid and lacking. Exorcist works on every summoner. Into Dust is worse execute. Hunt the Dead is worse adversary. The only thing we have against Undead is Command corpse on Domador.

I agree with all of this, but would add that anti summon tech is almost as bad. Barrier to another world is absolutely awful.  Exorcism is on models that struggle to get the suits, and in keywords that don't cycle cards, so it's absolutely great when you can, but it can easily let you down.   The jury's one is probably the best of the bunch, but even it is but the reason to take jury.

The anti summon tech being bad is part of 1. Wyrds fear of having a. "blue mtg" experience and 2. Why summoners are always amongst the best models and masters in the game.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:21 AM, 4thstringer said:

Do you have opposing masters that if you face them with guild, you feel really bad about your chances?  For me, I feel that way about Levi, dreamer, shtook, kirai, and cadmus.

It's probably the salt monster in me, but with any of those I give myself a 20% chance at best.  

Do y'all have this experience?

You have 2 really good masters to face Leveticus: LJ and Sonnia. 

Spelleaters are great at completely negating the Unmade trigger while Sonnia can blast most of Leve crew from far away. Also Outcasts are known by their lack of access to condition removal. 

LJ has 2" + leap + easy access to Stunned, that combination is probably one of the best counters for Leve. Also, the lone Marshal hunting for the Hollow Waifs is a real problem for the Leveticus player. The spreaded HtW forces Leveticus to have focus to go on a neutral flip to the damage.

Dreamer is an issue for many keywords and his late game is just bonkers. You have to play superagressive in early if you want to have a chance, because you are going to lose most of the flips of turn 4-5.

Schtook is going to have an advantage against crews that don't generate resources, but Hoffman and LJ can be a problem for him.

Kirai has been a struggle for me with all the masters I play, so I don't have much advice against her more than try to kill her and try to avoid the double Ikiryo. 

I haven't played enough against Cadmus to have an idea here. 

• Like 2