Double move while Incorporeal

Doc Holiday

Question

Quick question. I tried my best to find the answer but couldn’t :(

Can you “double move” through terrain if you are incorporeal? More specifically, let’s say you’re Move 5 and the terrain is 8 inches across, can you Walk twice to clear it?

My reasoning was that you couldn’t because your first Walk action would end your move within the terrain but I’ve seen a batrep where the Kirai player did it with Ikiryo and wanted to make sure.

Ty in advance

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

My reasoning was that you couldn’t because your first Walk action would end your move within the terrain but I’ve seen a batrep where the Kirai player did it with Ikiryo and wanted to make sure.

I'm pretty sure people have been making the "I want to move twice, so I will and I'm just going to ignore the fact that it doesn't exist in the rulebook" mistake since first edition.  It sure as hell was a common enough mistake during M2E that -very briefly- it was discussed during the M3E beta along the lines of "Since a large number of people keep thinking you can do this, why not just put it into the rules?"  The proposal did not live long.  🧐

If someone says "I'm going to walk to here (point A) and then to there (point B) using two actions", it's fine as long as the model stops at point A, resolves all of the effects caused by moving from its starting position to point A and the model can actually stop at Point A; and then does the same for Point A to Point B.

But you're not allowed to just skip Point A, and any battle report you see someone doing that in is wrong.

• Agree 1

For what it's worth, "I'm going to activate this model, and it's just going to double walk to -there-" is perfectly fine to say in a lot of situations.  Because a lot of the time it doesn't matter where the first move ended and the second began.

The fact that it doesn't matter a lot of the time, and then really matters in a few cases, is why it's a big deal.  😇