Malisaurus Rex with Titania

DangerousBeans

Anyone tried proxying it yet?

I don't play Explorers (Yet, Cadmus is tempting) but I love Titania, so naturally had to order a the big dino for her. It seems... meh, for 10ss, but curious what others think.

Also I haven't played in AGES so I'm a bit rusty on the ol' theoryfaux.

First thoughts were:

- Free crows is nice, but things have to be rather near Rex to benefit, so I'm not sure how well it would work in game. Seems a waste to have him hanging around Aeslin all the time, maybe early game?

- The possibility of a few attacks plus quite a lot of movement would be nice for Fae, who usually rely on slowing down the enemy rather than being maneuverable themselves.

- Pushing models with tendrils could be nice for getting things into underbrush markers, but it's contending with Wild Hunt and is only once per turn. Stat 6 is good, but a bit of a gamble if that's something you're hoping to pull off.

- Maybe bring in Marcus to buddy up with it? That's a lot of stones though.

- DEF/WP 4 SUCKS

I'll definitely use it, just because it's a big dino, but I'm not really wowed by it as I hoped I would be. At least severe 6 would be something...

Using Tendrils on your own models is the real sauce. Terrifying 12 is pretty decent and with HtW and 12wds it won't just fall over. I take Candy with Titania alot so it giving her a 4" push and also being a good target for Goody Basket is great. And don't forget Titania has My Loyal Servant on her claws and 12wds can really make use of that. He isn't for every table but he is definitely worth taking.

• Like 1

Df/Wp 4 are not a problem when you have more Wounds than a master, Terrifying 12 and HtW.

He is a beast (well, literally xD) and way better beater than Killjoy/Silent Knight. The free crow is nice if you get it, but I wouldn't invest too much on making it work.

Having a 3/4/5 damage track is great paired with Predatory Instincts.

The only thing that I find bad about this model is that is way too big to play it comfortably on a table 😢

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DangerousBeans said:

Free crows is nice, but things have to be rather near Rex to benefit, so I'm not sure how well it would work in game. Seems a waste to have him hanging around Aeslin all the time, maybe early game?

The target needs to be near the Rex, not your model. Also, why would you be giving crows to the one model in the crew that already has built in crows?

- Pushing models with tendrils could be nice for getting things into underbrush markers, but it's contending with Wild Hunt and is only once per turn. Stat 6 is good, but a bit of a gamble if that's something you're hoping to pull off.

You use tendrils when you need to move something/get a third attack if you're holding a high ram, and you use wild hunt to set up for Titania+whoever else is there.

Maybe bring in Marcus to buddy up with it? That's a lot of stones though.

It's a good meme. Rex with Inhuman Reflexes and access to all the abilities from Marcus' upgrades is super solid.

- DEF/WP 4 SUCKS

True, but it is terrifying 12 in a keyword not known for terrifying, with access to injured in keyword, has 12 health, a way to self heal, HtW, as well as Titania making it immune to RJ damage flips. It's job is to just be in the thick of things with Titania, empowering her main attack and also forcing your opponent to either try and focus down the Rex and leave Titania alone, or focus down Titania and leave the Rex alone.

• Agree 2

Frightening Reminder is considered good and it has a TN while also being directly away. Lashing Tendrils will always succeed when targeting a friendly model that relents, can push in any direction, and has the added ability to target enemy models with a very strong trigger. It also targets Mv which gets around all sorts of stuff.

Lashing Tendrils really is the Titania.

In the new year tourney I was matched against Titania. My opponent took the Rex with Inhuman Reflexes (I think, it's the upgrade with scamper?) and it was just gross being in the thick of things. The game ended quite close, but I literally did nothing to the rex all game - mostly because of terrifying. You have to flip a 7/8 to attack (was playing guild) and if you cheat it either scampers somewhere it wants to be, or more in your face to tie up shooty models. It did a very good job.

• Like 1