Waldo's Weekly - The Big Event is Now Live!

Kyle

38 minutes ago, Adran said:

The witch boxes are going to have M3 cards as they were produced this year. (The Bearly together were older but the ones I bought last year came with M3 cards - although they may well be pre-errata cards that you get.) 

The hide and seek box is just the M2e dreamer box, so its possible that they haven't replaced the M2e cards that were in the box. I can't find anything to confirm that they have updated the cards (where as things like the wild ones confirm they now have M3 cards). 

Thanks. I bought 1/3 of the Neverborn faction yesterday :)  50 USD shipping :(

12 minutes ago, sbxsat said:

Thanks. I bought 1/3 of the Neverborn faction yesterday :)  50 USD shipping :(

Shipping hurts. Between that and Customs (more :() I end up limiting my purchases from the wyrd web store to just the things I can only get from them. Everything else ends up cheaper through a local shop

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Shipping hurts. Between that and Customs (more :() I end up limiting my purchases from the wyrd web store to just the things I can only get from them. Everything else ends up cheaper through a local shop

Shipping costs to Europe are insane considering also customs; plus the prices for the Nightmare boxes are a bit over the top...

I really like a few of them, so if I could buy them from here, I'd probably bit the bullet and get the few ones I like the most; but those prices plus shipping plus customs... sorry, but I'm not made of gold!

Nightmare boxes are more expensive, its just the nature of the cost of the process and the reduced number they sell compared to standard boxes I believe. 

Shipping and taxes unfortunately aren't something wyrd can do much about. 

I mentally count shipping and customs as the "cost " of the free models I'm getting with the order, which makes me feel a little better. 

Nightmare boxes' prices aren't a dealbreaker per se; but shipping plus those prices are.

The problem is customs fees will apply to the price of the boxes, which are already more expensive than other boxes AND to also the international shipping; which is also very expensive. That pushes the price into a range where I'm not interested anymore (basically the entire order including shipping costs gets increased by 21-26% in my country)

Shipping and taxes could be almost entirely avoided if they find a way to sell them within the country, through local stores for example. But I guess this is easier said than done.

I’ve got the same problem. The US extortionate international shipping fees and the ensuing customs fees makes me shy away from the nightmare boxes - and wyrd have a rather poor track record with me, breaking up orders and resulting in extra fees.

They really need to allow a distributor within the EU sell the nightmare boxes before I’ll be shouting “TAKE MY MONEY!” 

11 hours ago, Ogid said:

Shipping and taxes could be almost entirely avoided if they find a way to sell them within the country, through local stores for example. But I guess this is easier said than done.

Just to say. Shipping  taxes and customs would still be paid on the boxes. It would probably be cheaper,( shipping in bulk is cheaper for starters)  and you wouldn't see those extra costs because the retailer hides them in the price you pay. 

Does anyone have a link/email for customer support? The website has a link for queries on damaged products etc. but not one asking about payment.

My bank account is showing 2 payments pending for the items i bought. Both for different amounts even though i only authorized payment for 1 and i also have a receipt for it.

26 minutes ago, sbxsat said:

Does anyone have a link/email for customer support? The website has a link for queries on damaged products etc. but not one asking about payment.

My bank account is showing 2 payments pending for the items i bought. Both for different amounts even though i only authorized payment for 1 and i also have a receipt for it.

Use the general feedback form :)

23 hours ago, Adran said:

Just to say. Shipping  taxes and customs would still be paid on the boxes. It would probably be cheaper,( shipping in bulk is cheaper for starters)  and you wouldn't see those extra costs because the retailer hides them in the price you pay. 

That's for sure, but there is some wizardry at play that I don't fully understand that allow me to buy here in Europe the standard boxes, not just at the price of the Wyrd's store, but consistently 10-15% off (and that price should include, shipping, taxes and such); so there is probably ways to make us get those boxes way cheaper without them losing money.

I want to give them my money, but I don't want to the the one doing all the effort :P

I don't really understand the economic processes, but wyrd sells product to distrubuters much below retail. 

So whilst wyrd could sell its standard boxes at a discount on its website and make the same profit, it would kill the local games stores as places to buy, which probably cuts the number of new players.

But that logic doesn't mean that a product they only sell on their website has the same profit margins automatically, so that it could be sold via normal channels at that price.