Waldo's Weekly - The Big Event is Now Live!

Kyle

Hey Wyrdos,

This week, we found Waldo preparing Thanksgiving dinner in his own way. Rather than tell you what we saw, we’ll let our artist’s rendering of the, uh… chase… do the talking:

WaldosWeekly_11.25.2020_Waldo.jpg

So while we figure out which places deliver on turkey day, let’s take a look at everything special that will be available during our Retail Therapy 2020 Event, which starts RIGHT NOW.

Want to get your hands on a Nightmare box? Have your eyes set on a rare alt model? Need to flesh out your Malifaux 1988 crew with a Fat Cap? Here’s what you’ll be able to snag during the celebration:

NE - Winter Wonderland - Rasputina $90.00
NE - The Wild Ones - McCabe From $ 90.00
NE - Curiosity Killed the Cat - Catelin Abernathy (Hamelin) From $ 80.00
NE - Dark Carnival - Mr. Cooper (Colette) From $ 80.00
NE - Herald of Obliteration - Tara From $ 80.00
NE - Malifaux 1988 - Gumdrop (Mei Feng) $75.00
NE - Malifaux 1988 - Fat Cap - Alternative Metal Golem $35.00
NE - Brine and Bones - Mary Bonnet (Molly) $75.00
NE - Salty Seadevil - Alternative Rogue Necromancy $35.00
NE - Unicorn Vomit & Pixie Farts - Rocinante Benoit (Ulix) $75.00
LE - Hide and Seek - Dreamer Box Set $60.00
LE - Witches and Woes: Rotten Harvest Pandora $55.00
LE - Guilty as Charged - Jack Daw Box Set - Yellow Translucent $55.00
LE - Vengeful Spirits - Kirai Box Set $55.00
LE - Children of December - Rasputina Box Set - Blue Translucent $55.00
LE - No Shelter Here - Pandora Box Set $55.00
LE - Dark Debts - Jakob Lynch Box Set $50.00
LE - Burning Revelations - Kaeris Box Set $50.00
NE - Hanging Trees $50.00
NE - Whiskey Golem From $ 50.00
LE - Alternative Reva $40.00
LE - Alternative Lazarus $35.00
LE - Alternative Charles Edmonton $35.00
LE - Bear-ly Together $35.00
LE - Mindless Zombie (5 Pack) - Green Translucent $35.00
NE - Dark Carnival Coryphée From $ 35.00
LE - Santana Ortega - Alternative Santiago Ortega $35.00
LE - War Wabbit - Alternative Warpig $35.00
LE - Silent Knight - Alternative Killjoy $30.00
NE - Cat Herders - Alternative Rat Catchers From $ 30.00
LE - Miss Terious - Alternative Death Marshal $30.00
LE - Miss Guided - Alternative Fuhatsu $25.00
LE - Alternative Spit Hog $25.00
LE - Swine Cursed $25.00
LE - Miss Feasance - Alternative Seamus $25.00
LE - He-Kome - Alternative Shikome $25.00
LE - Draugr $25.00
LE - Will o' the Wisps (3 Pack) - Aqua Translucent $25.00
LE - Ross Jebsen - Alternative Slop Hauler $25.00
LE - Vintage - Sonnia Criid $25.00
LE - Vintage - Misaki $25.00
LE - Vintage - Pandora $25.00
LE - Vintage - Som'er Teeth $25.00
LE - Vintage - Hamelin $25.00
LE - Vintage - Rasputina $25.00
LE - Vintage - McMourning $25.00
NE - Cat Princess - Alternative Rat King From $ 25.00
LE - Emeline Bellerose - Alternative Madam Sybelle $25.00
LE - Miss Deed - Alternative Taelor $25.00
LE - Dr. Alexei Sokolov -Alternative Joss $25.00
LE - Bayou Gator $25.00
LE - Witchling Stalkers - Red Translucent $25.00
LE - Titania $25.00
LE - Bishop $25.00
LE - Amelia Bathory - Alternative Nicodem $25.00
LE - Alternative Rafkin $25.00
LE - Guard Sergeant $25.00
LE - Miss Fire - Alternative Willie $25.00
LE - Firestarter $25.00
LE - Francisco $25.00
LE - Dr. Dufresne - Alternative McMourning $25.00
LE - Barbaros $25.00
LE - Kaeris $25.00
LE - Katanaka Sniper $25.00
LE - Performer - Alternative Showgirl $25.00
LE - Johana - Alternative Johan $25.00
LE - Miss Anne Thrope - Alternative Ruffian $25.00
LE - Miss Ery - Alternative Teddy $25.00
LE - Perdita $25.00
LE - Miss Step - Howard Langston $25.00
LE - Kandara - Translucent Lime $23.50
LE - Killjoy - Purple Translucent. $20.00
LE - Teddy - Purple Translucent $20.00
LE - Tanuki $18.00
LE - Witchling Handler $18.00
LE - Malifaux Child - Translucent $16.00
LE - Gremlin $15.00
LE - Bete Noire - Red Translucent $13.50
LE - Witches and Woes: Rotten Harvest Baby Kade and Candy $25.00
LE - Minicorns $25.00
LE - Sparkle Steed $25.00
Bah Humbug Waldo 2019 $30.00

This list only covers our alts and special edition boxes, but you’ll also find all of our standard releases, up to everything released for November (including the Explorer’s Society Faction Book!).

Last week, we also talked about a few freebies that might interest you! Here’s the breakdown:

Spend $100 during the event and you will receive the metal Grumpus Waldo miniature (including a special holiday Scenario for Malifaux and an Operation for The Other Side).

For every additional $100 spent, you’ll have a choice of any of these great models:

• Sparkle Steed (an alt War Pig)

• 2 Minicorns (alt Piglets)

• Alt Candy and Baby Kade (together!)

• Bah Humbug Waldo

The models above are all available for individual purchase, as well.

BlackFriday_Bonus_Promo.png

But what we didn’t mention is that in addition to those choices, you’ll also have the option to scoop up these exclusives (which are NOT available for sale, only through the special offer):

• Samantha Thrace (Limited Edition TOS model)

• Binh Nguyen (Limited Edition TOS model)

• TOS Foil Fate Deck

Make sure to explore the whole store during the sale. You might just find a few things that haven’t been available for a while (I’m looking at you, Collodi box with Dead Man’s Hand cards!).

The Retail Therapy 2020 Event starts RIGHT NOW, and ends December 3rd, so stop by our webstore today!

• Like 2

Whew, glad I got those TOS items from the Kickstarter.  Otherwise it'd be a really pricey Black Friday.  Or, I suppose I should say, even more pricey.

Still, I have to admit to being a little disappointed that Eli and Patti weren't changed to Rough Riders.  I'd want to take the models together, so I'm not sure of the justification for why they retain their Guild allegiance.

1 minute ago, LeperColony said:

Whew, glad I got those TOS items from the Kickstarter.  Otherwise it'd be a really pricey Black Friday.  Or, I suppose I should say, even more pricey.

Still, I have to admit to being a little disappointed that Eli and Patti weren't changed to Rough Riders.  I'd want to take the models together, so I'm not sure of the justification for why they retain their Guild allegiance.

I don't understand, Eli and Patti have been changed to rough riders. Unless you're referring to the box art which still list what they where in M2E. (Unless this is just an attempt at humour I missed). 

9 minutes ago, rober695 said:

I find it had to believe one hour post sale opening grumpus waldo is gone. Is that accurate? Showing out of stock and removed from my cart with no alternative pick option. 

If I read the promotion right, everyone will get a grumpus if they spend $100, it wasn't an option, its only every $100 afterwards that you get a choice. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Adran said:

I don't understand, Eli and Patti have been changed to rough riders. Unless you're referring to the box art which still list what they where in M2E. (Unless this is just an attempt at humour I missed). 

If I read the promotion right, everyone will get a grumpus if they spend $100, it wasn't an option, its only every $100 afterwards that you get a choice. 

The description on the website says:

Guild/Explorer's Society Set, containing six 32mm 'heroic' scale miniatures made of high-quality plastic. Will require some preparation and assembly. Oh who are we kidding, it's called 'Nightmare' for a reason. 

So even though it was also my understanding they were changing over to Rough Riders, since the website says Guild/ES, I thought that indicated they were remaining Mounted Guards.

1 minute ago, LeperColony said:

The description on the website says:

Guild/Explorer's Society Set, containing six 32mm 'heroic' scale miniatures made of high-quality plastic. Will require some preparation and assembly. Oh who are we kidding, it's called 'Nightmare' for a reason. 

So even though it was also my understanding they were changing over to Rough Riders, since the website says Guild/ES, I thought that indicated they were remaining Mounted Guards.

I missed that part. I think it is a misprint as its a TT/Explorers set anyway. My App still has the Ramones as rough riders. 

• Thanks 1

Hey everybody! 

If Grumpus Waldo took a walk from your cart, never fear! We have had similar issues in the past and so have a process in place to ensure everyone with a qualifying order receives their 2020 Waldo! It won't appear on your original receipt, but again, if your order is >$100 before shipping, then we'll make sure to get that pesky imp in the box! 

We're here if you have questions, comments, or jokes!

5 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

And I assume the beta testers book was already sent out?

Elsewhere Nathan said that was being sorted out on its own timeframe.  Personally I expect the electronic books not out until the new year for all, but I'm not going to be upset if they are earlier. (But then I generally don't buy the electronic content, I just remember when they started selling it, it was often a month or two after the physical release)

If something didn't show up in your cart, we'll get you sorted. Had a few tags I had to sort back there and frankly, with the redesign and some back and forth between connecting apps, a couple of things didn't hitch properly. Thank you for catching it. Should be all sorted now.

Nekima Box and Brood Box were delayed. Chalk it up to 2020. 

Binh, TOS miniature at this time. 

Hi I've ran into some issue getting the Samantha Thrace promotion.

I have submitted a request ( # 13947 ).

just wondering if there is any other avenue to contact you guys except for report it as site issue. 

I fear that it may run out before this can get sorted.

oh and amazing selection of LE product guys :D!!

9 hours ago, sbxsat said:

Do the Hide and Seek Dreamer box come with 3rd edition cards? It seems to have x3 Daydreams in the box with a younger Dreamer whereas the 3E Dreamer core box has a teenage Dreamer with a dog but no Daydreams at all.

If the store shows an M2E box cover, there won’t be stat cards in the box unless the contents list has both the models and the cards.  (For example, the Kaeris box has a bullet point “M3E cards”)  Mainly because in the cases like the M2E era dreamer colored plastic, there aren’t third edition cards of those specific models, there’s just the cards with the artwork for the newer sculpts.

2 hours ago, solkan said:

If the store shows an M2E box cover, there won’t be stat cards in the box unless the contents list has both the models and the cards.  (For example, the Kaeris box has a bullet point “M3E cards”)  Mainly because in the cases like the M2E era dreamer colored plastic, there aren’t third edition cards of those specific models, there’s just the cards with the artwork for the newer sculpts.

Thanks for this. What about the Witch Pandora box, the limited edition Candy and Kade and Bearly Together? I bought these instead of the core Pandora box. It would be a bummer if the stat cards did not come with them.

4 minutes ago, sbxsat said:

Thanks for this. What about the Witch Pandora box, the limited edition Candy and Kade and Bearly Together? I bought these instead of the core Pandora box. It would be a bummer if the stat cards did not come with them.

The witch boxes are going to have M3 cards as they were produced this year. (The Bearly together were older but the ones I bought last year came with M3 cards - although they may well be pre-errata cards that you get.) 

The hide and seek box is just the M2e dreamer box, so its possible that they haven't replaced the M2e cards that were in the box. I can't find anything to confirm that they have updated the cards (where as things like the wild ones confirm they now have M3 cards).