Swamp Board WIP

Roadhouse

I stopped working on this about 3 years ago but a friend of mine started making his own table so I'm getting back into the game and need to finish this. Probably need to make a few more walk ways and then make some fog banks using Polyfil that will count as dense w/o movement penalty. I just started adding moss today and have alot more to do.

Any and all feedback and criticism welcome!

20200707_200313.jpg

20200707_200750.jpg

20200707_200239.jpg

• Like 7

I had been giving thought to it and was thinking, as far as movement, treating the surface as open, 1" to move from table to boardwalk, no penalty to move down.

Or have the table reduce movement by 25% and build more boardwalks lol.

I want it to be playable in addition to good looking.

14 minutes ago, Roadhouse said:

I had been giving thought to it and was thinking, as far as movement, treating the surface as open, 1" to move from table to boardwalk, no penalty to move down.

Or have the table reduce movement by 25% and build more boardwalks lol.

I want it to be playable in addition to good looking.

It willl be playable which ever way you go, its just a case of how much the table will alter your crew selection process. (And there is no need to play every game on it with the same terrain rules). If you're a casual group, that largely play the same lists, then you might want to make sure movement is relatively easy, but if you are happy to change around which models you pick, then the all severe board will provide interesting challenges to crew selection.

You could also make just some of the ponds count as severe (they're deeper) and most are just normal. You could alter it each game to help keep the table fresh too. Could make a few more terrain pieces that are just wood sticking out of the much with a ht marker as if they are measuring the depths of ponds.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:11 PM, Paddywhack said:

You could also make just some of the ponds count as severe (they're deeper) and most are just normal. You could alter it each game to help keep the table fresh too. Could make a few more terrain pieces that are just wood sticking out of the much with a ht marker as if they are measuring the depths of ponds.

The first time a model enters one you could flip for whether it's severe or not... (Then marks those that are).

We play our very wide river only severe if the front of your base is in the water (in walking direction), as soon as your base touches normal ground you are able to move normally again.  --> lore description would be that the sides of a river or a puddle of mud in your case are not very deep...