New Strats and Schemes - Neverborn

Regelridderen

Since we only emerged stronger from the nerf batting. I’d say, it’s time to look at Schemes and Strats, where would you use which Master? Here’s my take - although it’s quite biased, as I only play Dreamer and Pandora.

CORRUPTED LEY LINES

Favors strong mobility and speed. Personally, I’d reach for Dreamer, Teleporting Chompy, summons and his Things that go Bump, except all that mobility relies on being able to Place models, and lodestone carriers won’t. It could be a time to shine for my next Master; Lucius and his ability to sink orders into particular models.

PUBLIC ENEMIES

A strategy about killing and denying kills, this time I reach for Dreamer and a horde of Lucid Dreamers. Get that killing and staying power to escalate via LDs, and if you lose a stitched or an Alp, who cares, it’s just 1 bountypoint, and even the first requires at least two. Avoiding 9+ models seems a good idea, but Serena is 8, Chompy is 8, Candy is 8 and do you really need much more?

RECOVER EVIDENCE

This looks fun, a different version of Reckoning... Again, I reach towards Dreamer, as he can direct so much power towards eliminating one model. But maybe that’d be reckless, as my evidence would be right in the thick of it. Instead Pandora might be the better choice with her Incorporeal minions and ability to concentrate fire from distance and thus deny the opponent points.

SYMBOLS OF AUTHORITY

Here I hold no doubt, the spiders will reign supreme in removing strategy markers, while the rest of the nightmares can go to town on keepin the enemy from your own.

-

That’s my take, what’s yours and how do you see the schemes?

Corrupted Ley Lines...

Does seem a bit rough for Dreamer (he doesn't like interacting, his positioning is dependent on enemies except spiders which can't jump with lodes, etc). Nekima... You can't fly with the lodes!! Very rough. Zoraida potentially seems sweet, with being able to reposition models and make them interact outside their activations. Should be able to achieve some pretty amazing lodestone shifting at the end of each turn.

Public enemies...

Dreamer is going to give away so many bounty tokens, like Reckoning. I imagine he'll be strong, but not the absolute best. Zoraida again is scary as she can obey the models carrying the bounty tokens to get into dangerous situations. Nekima might be okay, but has a lot of 9+ models to give away tokens. Unsure. You're right that Dreamer will only give 1-2 bounties per model, but that means the first two points are pretty much automatic and the third will be reasonably doable.

Recover evidence...

Yup, Dreamer is going to be nuts here. All summoners will be. Summons are free nukes to send at people that can't have tokens placed on them at the start of the game... Super scary.

Symbols of Authority...

Dreamer mobility should be great here. So should Zoraida's constant repositioning. Nekima seems fantastic. Lucius probably is good. Marcus too. Neverborn is going to be awesome at this strategy I suspect. Plus, 2" engagement ranges are super good on this one!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 7:37 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Nekima might be okay, but has a lot of 9+ models to give away tokens.

Yeah that's a really interesting trade off. Especially if you Grow them, because until they get to go, they'll have a lower wound count and be somewhat vulnerable.

• 1 month later...

Wrath in any NVB crew for public enemies.

Massive defensive tech:

Terrifying 11

Sin tokens

Every ability on back of card hurts/protects.

Heal on main attack.

Lure defender or on offence with a trigger heal.

D performance-'offensive'

Zero action triggers Feed on fears (heal)