Tactica Pyrotechnica - Wong

Rathnard

6 minutes ago, zeno said:

So would you guys say that the FAQ that calls out that when a shockwave is centered on a model, it acts as a pulse.
Thats actually a debuff to Wizz-bang?

Mainly for the Pigapult, so yes.

I never played Uncontrolllable Magic + Fzzzzzap! to give 2 glowys to the same model, but I guess there was someone around that did (and so the FAQ).

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, zeno said:

So would you guys say that the FAQ that calls out that when a shockwave is centered on a model, it acts as a pulse.
Thats actually a debuff to Wizz-bang?

It could be a bit of both. You can use it to make the shockwaves bigger if you centre it on alphose for example, but the target then doesn't get hurt. 

• 1 year later...

So I figured I would bump this thread rather than start a new one. 

I'm getting into Wong and was wondering when do you guys use Wong the Enchanter over OG Wong?

Just looking at the cards it seems to me that OG has better support, handing out up to 5Glowy to the whole crew while Enchanter can hand out about 5 glowy a turn max. Enchanter has heals, but OG has healing+glowy pulse, and both have access to Bokors so I'm not sure how much Master AP you want to spend with Enchanter's heals. 

It's Explosive Solutions a big enough Damage output upgrade to use Enchanter a lot? Is there something else I'm missing?

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

So I figured I would bump this thread rather than start a new one. 

I'm getting into Wong and was wondering when do you guys use Wong the Enchanter over OG Wong?

Just looking at the cards it seems to me that OG has better support, handing out up to 5Glowy to the whole crew while Enchanter can hand out about 5 glowy a turn max. Enchanter has heals, but OG has healing+glowy pulse, and both have access to Bokors so I'm not sure how much Master AP you want to spend with Enchanter's heals. 

It's Explosive Solutions a big enough Damage output upgrade to use Enchanter a lot? Is there something else I'm missing?

Short quick answer before I have time to elaborate:

Wise Words of Winsdom sucks, do the math.

The Enchanter's attack is terrible. No real triggers makes it really sad.

The real sauce are the repositioning tricks.

56 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

The real sauce are the repositioning tricks.

I'd be interested to hear more. With most of Wizz-bang having easy access to Fast, and movement stuff like Alphonse's toss, Swinecursed's Heroic Intervention and Bokor's Consolidate Power I thought they'd be pretty set mobility wise.

Crew engagement range is pretty low and can be abused (except alphonse) and all mobility tools you mention don't help with blocking/severe terrain.

Enchantin magics with its trigger really helps about this and give more liberty with wizz bang. I find Wong OG crew more limited about their gameplay/gameplan on the table.

Wong OG stay the best to stack glowy on models i think but it's kinda obvious he's gonna do this cause he doesn't do much more (except launch tons of shockwave).

On 12/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, Thatguy said:

I'd be interested to hear more. With most of Wizz-bang having easy access to Fast, and movement stuff like Alphonse's toss, Swinecursed's Heroic Intervention and Bokor's Consolidate Power I thought they'd be pretty set mobility wise.

I just feel like that's the only special thing he does, adding more out of activation positioning and mobility.

The attack action is sort of a trap, the damage track is pretty sad, doesn't ignore concealment/FF/cover. It doesn't get any benefit if the enemy is engaged with a friendly model with glowy, but just ignoring :-flip which is a compensation. But the worst part for me is that it doesn't have any triggers. Giving Staggered/Stunned, a push, pulsing out shielded for friendlies... I don't know, something.

That's why I found that the movement tricks are way more interesting.

Overall I rate Wong 2 way worse than Wong 1. A good player won't let you use the gun much. Irreducible is mainly useful against henchmen and masters, which would easily put you on a :-flip for damage and you'll end up doing 2 irreducible, which is pretty sad.

1 hour ago, ShinChan said:

A good player won't let you use the gun much. Irreducible is mainly useful against henchmen and masters, which would easily put you on a :-flip for damage and you'll end up doing 2 irreducible, which is pretty sad.

Yeah. I'm disappointed that it's only irreducible for the target. If you could hit an easy target and spread the blasts out it would be better. Also, having to spend 2 glowy for the trigger hurts given how much less glowy you're giving out to your friends with Wong2.

2 hours ago, grundil said:

Crew engagement range is pretty low and can be abused (except alphonse)

Do you find yourself losing a lot of AP walking because of the 0" engagement Swinecursed?

2 hours ago, grundil said:

all mobility tools you mention don't help with blocking/severe terrain.

That's a good point. Maybe more useful when you can have Wong teleport people over walls or through buildings. Still, a 1/2/3 heal an inside 4" place seems kind of meh for a Master level AP.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

45 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Yeah. I'm disappointed that it's only irreducible for the target. If you could hit an easy target and spread the blasts out it would be better. Also, having to spend 2 glowy for the trigger hurts given how much less glowy you're giving out to your friends with Wong2.

Do you find yourself losing a lot of AP walking because of the 0" engagement Swinecursed?

That's a good point. Maybe more useful when you can have Wong teleport people over walls or through buildings. Still, a 1/2/3 heal an inside 4" place seems kind of meh for a Master level AP.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

Making all the damage irreducible would have been too powerful. Any other trigger that provides some extra effect would have been great.

If WWW was a better ability, Wong2 would be a decent master. Otherwise, some triggers in that attack or ignore concealment for the quick action... I don't know what, but it feels pretty lackluster other than the minileaps and healing.

14 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Making all the damage irreducible would have been too powerful. Any other trigger that provides some extra effect would have been great.

You think so? Wong 2 has no access to positive flips on attack or damage. So you have to stack focus and still have the glowy requirement in a crew with way less glowy. I think you'd struggled to get it off more than once a turn. 

But, I've yet to play walk so I'm about as far from an expert as you can get.

15 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Any other trigger that provides some extra effect would have been great.

Mutilate would have been nice. Or Mass Hysteria for more movement shenanigans and rewards for hitting your own guys. 

Yeah more trigger would be welcome (same for wong 1 shockwave). Irreducible trigger is useful only on minion/enforcer with armor.

I spoke about engagement range cause, wizz bang are suppose to have more actions than other cause of fast but in melee, you loose one action to move in base contact. That's the kind of case where i like wong 2 mobility for his crew, harder for opponent to abuse melee 0" in my opinion.