Nothing yet.  At the moment the only things we know for certain are part of The Explorer's Society are Mounted and Dismounted McCabe, Luna, Cornelius Basee, and Bernadette Basse.

Personally, I have a strong suspicion that the contents of The WIld Ones Nightmare Box will be one Explorer Master and his crew.  This is based on previous Wyrd comments that the Ramones will be playable with McCabe in M3E, despite them originally being alt's for Guild Mounted Guard, even though McCabe is no longer a Guild Master.  Pair that with the fact that The Wild Ones is the only Nightmare Box to be missing alt cards in the Dropbox with all the M3E cards.  This only makes sense if the rules for each of those models is going to different from the model they were originally an alt for, otherwise the cards for most of the box could have been released (and Rollins would still be an alt McCabe) and just the Ramones held back.

But time will tell if my suspicion is correct!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 10:09 PM, theamazingmrg said:

The WIld Ones Nightmare Box will be one Explorer Master and his crew

Hope it will not
in my opinion the best way is to give Cabe some riders (horses or something else) so the wild ones will still be an alt cabe but with Society set of models

On 8/11/2019 at 3:09 PM, theamazingmrg said:

Nothing yet.  At the moment the only things we know for certain are part of The Explorer's Society are Mounted and Dismounted McCabe, Luna, Cornelius Basee, and Bernadette Basse.

Personally, I have a strong suspicion that the contents of The WIld Ones Nightmare Box will be one Explorer Master and his crew.  This is based on previous Wyrd comments that the Ramones will be playable with McCabe in M3E, despite them originally being alt's for Guild Mounted Guard, even though McCabe is no longer a Guild Master.  Pair that with the fact that The Wild Ones is the only Nightmare Box to be missing alt cards in the Dropbox with all the M3E cards.  This only makes sense if the rules for each of those models is going to different from the model they were originally an alt for, otherwise the cards for most of the box could have been released (and Rollins would still be an alt McCabe) and just the Ramones held back.

But time will tell if my suspicion is correct!

I think that it is far more likely that the crew will be alts for new explorer's society units than it is that they'll be their own units.

2 hours ago, Champignon said:

Hope it will not
in my opinion the best way is to give Cabe some riders (horses or something else) so the wild ones will still be an alt cabe but with Society set of models

The problem with that line of thinking is that, if that is going to be the case, then why aren't there currently cards for Rollins, Iggy Pup, or Cherri Bomb?  Obviously there can't be any cards for the Ramones as the models they will end up being don't have rules yet, but not giving the others cards is basically saying that some people can't use official cards for their models that represent other models with official cards.  It just feels a bit weird.

23 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

I think that it is far more likely that the crew will be alts for new explorer's society units than it is that they'll be their own units.

That could definitely be the case.  It does put extra pressure on Wyrd to come up with a new Explorer Master but that's not exactly an insurmountable obstacle!

15 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

The problem with that line of thinking is that, if that is going to be the case, then why aren't there currently cards for Rollins, Iggy Pup, or Cherri Bomb?  Obviously there can't be any cards for the Ramones as the models they will end up being don't have rules yet, but not giving the others cards is basically saying that some people can't use official cards for their models that represent other models with official cards.  It just feels a bit weird.

That was basically the state for the whole of second edition for players using metal models, so I'm not sure its that weird.

I imagine Wyrd have a plan A on what they are going to do, but until it is finalised there is no sense in ruling out plans B and C. 

Mind you I'm upset (at least a little) that I'm most likely going to lose the reason I bought the box (Mounted Guard models).

27 minutes ago, Adran said:

That was basically the state for the whole of second edition for players using metal models, so I'm not sure its that weird.

It's weird because its the only box without the cards for those models.  With this edition Wyrd have gone to the trouble of making sure that they supplied cards so people can use every model they've ever produced that had M2E rules.  Except that box.  That's a glaring omission and more than a little bit odd.

Also curiously watching what happens with the Rollin's box. Some things that seem weird to me if they were to re-package as an Explorer's Society collection:

- I remember it being pretty expensive? Like almost $100? Seems like a simple fix would be to just break up the box into several boxes, but still odd.

- The models seem a little anachronistic from an aesthetic standpoint, but that argument is maybe a little neck beardy.

- Those models were legitimately the most challenging and frustrating things to put together. Even the slightest alignment error would leave a huge gap between parts of the rider and their mount. I had to replace the handlebars of one of the Ramone's with brass rod because of this. Also, the fiddlyness of the parts seems way over the top (even by Wyrd standards) for a general release. Maybe they'll redesign the sculpts so they're more manageable?

4 minutes ago, the tick said:

Also curiously watching what happens with the Rollin's box. Some things that seem weird to me if they were to re-package as an Explorer's Society collection:

- I remember it being pretty expensive? Like almost $100? Seems like a simple fix would be to just break up the box into several boxes, but still odd.

- The models seem a little anachronistic from an aesthetic standpoint, but that argument is maybe a little neck beardy.

- Those models were legitimately the most challenging and frustrating things to put together. Even the slightest alignment error would leave a huge gap between parts of the rider and their mount. I had to replace the handlebars of one of the Ramone's with brass rod because of this. Also, the fiddlyness of the parts seems way over the top (even by Wyrd standards) for a general release. Maybe they'll redesign the sculpts so they're more manageable?

And this is why I think they'll remain as a nightmare crew. For McCabe and some unreleased Wastrel models.