3E Stat Card Print Suggestions

With the lack of faction packs available to a decent amount of us -unless you want to shell out $50 on amazon (gulp)- printing the cards seems to be one of two options (the other is just using your phone). So, does anybody have any suggestions or instructions on how to print the released pdf cards so that they measure 70mmx120mm? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

43 minutes ago, 11Anthonyc said:

So, does anybody have any suggestions or instructions on how to print the released pdf cards so that they measure 70mmx120mm?

Do you want those instructions for Windows 10, Mac OS, or something else?  Asking in advance because I've got an iMac and I'll have to walk over to my brother's PC and double check things if you need those instructions.

Printing these cards is going to be costly and short term. If at all possible, stay digital till you get hands on the product.

I have some of the official cards in front of me right now, and I can't see any printer doing these beauties any justice. 

If you can, I think you should really wait. More money for your game store, more money for Wyrd, and an absolutely gorgeous product for yourself.

7 hours ago, Saduhem said:

Printing these cards is going to be costly and short term. If at all possible, stay digital till you get hands on the product.

I appreciate the input. I plan on doing the bulk of my playing through my phone as the cost for 70+ cards would ridiculous, but I definitely play better with cards in front of me. I'm really only looking to print the remainder of Basse's crew as he will be my main master. #BasseClass

on the mac I just select 6 per page on the layout and adjust them to be as large as possible without overlap. I'm quite certain there is a similar layout function on windows. you can cut them out and laminate them together and they make a nice solid card that way in the lamination pouches for pictures. Printing them out yourself is mostly only affordable if you already have a color printer and lamination supplies but it is likely that someone in your gaming group has these things if you don't. I print them out and laminate them for everyone in my guild ball group already and will probably do several crews worth of cards for M3E until the cards come to the FLGS.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi I'm doing some combined pdfs with the cards and I intend to print them in an 8 pages per sheet layout. Im thinking about maybe not folding the cards so i can have both the front and the back in the same page. I know it is smaller than tarot size but im more confortable with normal poker cards than the tarot ones.

printing the cards is not bad, specially if you play dual faction masters and don't want to buy two upgrade decks or if you don't have many minis of any faction.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

If you can get them all to one file, most printer drivers will let you select even or odd pages, then print multi-up.  Nine up is close enough to the right size for my purposes.  That does leave you printing them single sided and hand sorting/sleeving, but it's by far the simplest printing solution.  It might be possible to manually run the backs, but you'd want to reverse the order of every line, and I'm not sure how you'd do that with just printer drivers. 

Google says Adobe has an online file-merge tool, but I've never used it.  https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/merge-pdf.html  It looks like it has "reorder pages" as on option under a drop down, but I don't know if it's a free tool.  I'm sure there's open source tools for doing the same, but again I can't vouch for any specific tool.  

• Thanks 1

I have creative cloud for adobe so there's an easy way to just select all + merge the files.  Not sure if they let you do it easily without the paid for adobe, so your best bet would prolly be freeware pdf software, which is always a bit of a crap shoot but there should be something that lets you drag + drop a lot of files together for printing.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, muraki said:

I have creative cloud for adobe so there's an easy way to just select all + merge the files.  Not sure if they let you do it easily without the paid for adobe, so your best bet would prolly be freeware pdf software, which is always a bit of a crap shoot but there should be something that lets you drag + drop a lot of files together for printing.

I have photoshop from my old job so I can use them to do it and having printed they seem to come out at a reasonable size. Probably not as optimal or as elegant as it could be if I did a 3x3 layout and front/back printing on card but this way is less hassle!!