M3E - Charges Action

Dr4mis

Question

Hello guys just searching for a precision on the "charge" action. So me and my friend were playing and I declared a charge with Tealor to be able to utilise the bonus 2" from her ability "Rush". My friend didn't think I had the right to do this (like in M2E) but nowhere in the new rulebook I'm reading that I need a LOS or declaring a model so: 

1-Am I right to do that without declaring any other model (friendly or ennemy)? 

2- When declaring the charge action, do I need to push the model in a straight line trought the other models or I can decide wich way I want My charge to go? If not How the ability "run and gun" from the bandit keywords works? With Bandit can I Charge away from a model to be able to shoot and reposition my self in a better place?

Thanks in advance 

From I little bit confuse Wyrdos

5 answers to this question

You don't select a target until you take the attack so you can charge nothing just to get the extra move and you don't need to see anyone or move in any particular direction when declaring the move portion of the charge. It just has to be a straight line 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Beta rulebook page 22:

Charge

Once per Activation. Cannot be declared while engaged.

Push this model up to its Mv in inches. It may then take a :melee Action that does not count against its Action limit.

That's all it is. No target is mentioned. No direction is mentioned. Go nuts.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Its totally allowed, it just has the downside that you have to go in a straight line the whole way.

Edit

Its also worth remembering if you ever Face Molly with Lethe caress and want to move twice, one of them can be a charge and the other a walk

• Like 1