Starting Lady Justice in 3rd Edition

foxicious

4 minutes ago, Corn said:

My favorite sculpt for Justice is the 1E Alt sculpt.... which sadly I don't own... as I could never justify it over other purchases that actually expanded my guild collection whether it was in 1.5 or 2E.  I could probably find it somewhere if I really looked for it...

I am not sure how I feel about girl Judge though.  Justice was my first master, so the vast majority of my Justice collection is the original 1E metals.  A lady in a red dress with a katana looks absolutely nothing like my Judge.   Not that it bothers me, but I can definitely understand it being confusing for a newer player who might not realize that Judge has gone through some... changes... not that there is anything wrong with that!  Granted his appearance changed pretty significantly from 1E to 2E, but really that was just because he had put on a big hat.  He still had a sword, goggles, and a bandanna covering his face.   Its a pretty minor gripe though, and its not like it is difficult to explain what my models are!  

In any event, I am excited for 3E!  

Well the Judge is some kind of position or charge, not a person, if you read the fluff you will get why the old judge has changed.

3 hours ago, longfanz said:

Well the Judge is some kind of position or charge, not a person, if you read the fluff you will get why the old judge has changed.

I don't have any problem with the fluff Judge being a position as opposed to a particular person.  I'm all about it from a story perspective, its just a little jarring from a game play perspective when I give my opponent the card to look over and it has a beautiful woman with an elegant katana on it, and they look down at my dusty bandanna man with a gunblade on a chain.  

Its a relatively small complaint, and I think what it comes down to as somebody with a large metal collection, what I *really* want to see is the option to buy alternate cards for the new edition that feature old art or in the case of limited edition models, the new name).  At least if there has been a big change- so that geezers like me can match up cards to models in a way that reflects our collections.

I also have a few limited edition crews and models- especially for Curiosity Killed the Cat and Miss Demeanor.  I'd really like to be able to have up to date cards for them as well.  I like the cards, and feel that they add a lot of character to the crew when they match up properly- especially for the special edition crews like Dark Carnival, Curiosity Killed the Cat, and the Wild Ones.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Corn said:

I don't have any problem with the fluff Judge being a position as opposed to a particular person.  I'm all about it from a story perspective, its just a little jarring from a game play perspective when I give my opponent the card to look over and it has a beautiful woman with an elegant katana on it, and they look down at my dusty bandanna man with a gunblade on a chain.  

Let me talk to you about my nine different Death Marshal models, or the three Lady Justice models I've got...

If it gets confusing, you can take an index card and write "Male Judge" model on it to keep track of the conditions and use the card for reference.

I'm willing to stipulate your point that it's confusing to look at a strange model and remember which picture it matches to.  But the solution is stop trying to match model to picture, and deal with the situation as wargaming has done it over the years--by memory.

Edit:  For the record, I resort to numbering my minion bases when I need to track their conditions on cards.  

14 hours ago, Corn said:

Its a relatively small complaint, and I think what it comes down to as somebody with a large metal collection, what I *really* want to see is the option to buy alternate cards for the new edition that feature old art or in the case of limited edition models, the new name).  At least if there has been a big change- so that geezers like me can match up cards to models in a way that reflects our collections.

I also have a few limited edition crews and models- especially for Curiosity Killed the Cat and Miss Demeanor.  I'd really like to be able to have up to date cards for them as well.  I like the cards, and feel that they add a lot of character to the crew when they match up properly- especially for the special edition crews like Dark Carnival, Curiosity Killed the Cat, and the Wild Ones.

I'm sure I saw something somewhere about their intent to do new cards for the limited edition sculpts. It might not help you with your male judge problem (Although the dead justice judge was a special edition judge so might get a card. Its at least closer to the original metal judge).

Certainly the easter sale of Curiosity killed the cat is coming with M3 cards, which will be available to download when M3 is released.

27 minutes ago, Adran said:

I'm sure I saw something somewhere about their intent to do new cards for the limited edition sculpts. It might not help you with your male judge problem (Although the dead justice judge was a special edition judge so might get a card. Its at least closer to the original metal judge).

Certainly the easter sale of Curiosity killed the cat is coming with M3 cards, which will be available to download when M3 is released.

They might release a custom template for cards. I know some people did this in M2E. Just put the M2E Art in in and it should work.

• 1 month later...