Hello fellow guild members,
I am planning to start with Malifaux and with the new edition right around the corner it seems to be a great time for doing so. After a pretty tough selection process, I chose Lady Justice as my starting master, because I like the lore and aesthetics of hers and the marshal keyword group the most. With the seemingly hardest decision out of the way, that still leaves me with some questions. I hope that some of you seasoned guild veterans might help me out here 😉.
1. Is Lady Justice a good starting point for M3E? In beta reports and discussions I’ve read everything from “she is underwhelming” to “she is OP”. These statements have probably been made by different people and at different points during the beta, but what is the general opinion on LJ now that the rules seem to be mostly finalized?
2. How do the marshals perform for different strategies and schemes in M3E? For example, they seem to have no way of creating/manipulating scheme markers except the interact action. Since schemes generally revolve around scheme markers, this might be a problem, right?
3. What would be a good versatile starting list for LJ? I don’t want to get highly competitive anytime soon (I would need more than one master for that anyway, as far as I understand), but I am still looking for an effective crew as far as that is achievable with only one master. I was thinking about getting the “The Guilds Judgement” and add in a Domador of Cadaveres for healing and undead shenanigans as well as a Death Marshal Recruiter to utilize the burying mechanic of the death marshals (is this interaction too cute?).
4. I couldn’t find any information on which models are going to be remade for the third edition, besides Rasputina and The Dreamer. Is there a list of models or a date at which new models are supposed to be revealed? It would be pretty disheartening, if I would buy into the M2E models only to find out, that new shiny models are released two weeks later.
5. “The Guilds Judgement” seems to be out of stock. What’s up with that? Is it a sign that they are planning to release a new box? If not, how long does it usually take them to restock?
6. Lastly a lore question: In LJ’s Bio it say that “her eyes are covered with the traditional band of her station”. Does that mean “Lady Justice” is more of a function than a person? If so, would that potentially protect her from becoming a DMH model in future iterations of the game?
Thank you in advance, if you are taking your time to read my wall of text and answer my questions 😊. I hope this is the right place to ask such questions.