Looking for Different Abyssinian Colour scheme

drewwills

On 1/5/2019 at 4:57 AM, spooky_squirrel said:

I'm leaning towards purple and bronze, but I haven't broken out the paints in a while so we'll see how far that idea goes.

Hey me too! I haven't painted much but looking to change that with TOS, but my thoughts were for these exact same colours, with some changes depending upon unit type to make it a bit easier to distinguish them at a glance.

Pictures look great, I've seen pics of someone else's project who has tried a yellow scheme. but the depth and choice of shade colours you have used is much more effective.

I've tried a number of things and been less than pleased with the results, I did try a copper and green scheme however which I do like.

• Like 1

Just now, trikk said:

Me likey! I was thinking about something similar except the purple and turning they yellow into a more desert-tone.

Thanks everyone! The purple is because prince will have his cloak purple (royal color, you know), and i wanted the mehal have the purple of the prince for beign royal guards, but the rest of the army wont have it.

I will keep uploading photos as i finish them :)

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DamasterZ said:

Thanks everyone! The purple is because prince will have his cloak purple (royal color, you know), and i wanted the mehal have the purple of the prince for beign royal guards, but the rest of the army wont have it.

I will keep uploading photos as i finish them :)

How did you do the bases? I'm tempted by the GW texture paints TBH...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

So i just started my army with the electrocutioners, which i did with a shiny silver and light blue tone, however, i dont think i will keep that for the other units, since i want the electrocutioners to stand out as the ones in the really shiny new tech, that hasn't even been painted yet (also works out better as a Faraday's cage without paint). I quite like the idea of purple bronze or purple and a steely type of colour, might try that out.

I am however very much a beginner and dont know at all what i am doing so...

This would be the first electrocutioner:IMG-20200212-WA0002.thumb.jpeg.83977b4328e053aad31cdc73e3120765.jpeg

• Like 1