Gibbering Hordes Summoning

ArcMaster

Question

Just wanted to double check something that came up in recent game (still a bit new to TOS).

When using the Gibbering Hordes Endless Numbers ability, do you get the full squad of 3 fire teams (or however many the squad normally has) or just 1 of the fire teams?   

The Summoning rules in the Main rulebook seem to indicate it's just 1 fire team, but we weren't sure if it was somehow different for the Endless Numbers ability.

11 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, Verdeloth said:

Bonus question because i just dont seem to find it anywhere. When hire a squad with script. Do i get the full unit for the cost or is the cost just for 1 fireteam in the squad so i need to pay it twice more for a full squad. I belive its quite obvious its a 1 price for full unit based on the prices compared to singel model fireteams but would like to see where it say in the rulebook

I’ll accept the challenge.  It’s the second to last sentence of the first paragraph of Squad.  Page 38 if you have the hardcover.  (Edit:  You don’t have any in GH, but the text to deal with hiring Combined Arms units is in the second paragraph of those rules.)

Note that the rules for summoning a unit specifies that it creates a new unit which if it is a Squad only has a single fireteam.

• Thanks 2

On 12/31/2018 at 8:08 PM, Thisendup said:

Yes, and remember it's only fireteams that were killed in the last turn.

it's only *squads* that were killed in the last turn.  This is an important distinction because if your morphling went down in afew turns ago, it can still be part of the single fireteam you summoned back.

edit: Except that you can't summon the morphling in because it specifically says no assets in the Endless Numbers rule.  Ignore me!

Edited by Clement
didn't read endless numbers far enough.

34 minutes ago, Verdeloth said:

So do a whole unit/squad need to be killed for me to start to take them back again? Or its enough if just a singel fireteam is taken out? And if so what stops me from both reforce them and summon a new squad turn 2?

The squad must be killed, which means that they have no fire teams left for you to be able to use endless numbers.

But if i summon one fireteam using endless number, it say i can do this multible times , can i summon more then one fireteam from the squad that was killed last turn, will all these summons be its own unit or will they form a new squad so if a 3x3 squad got wiped out i can just spend 3 tactic to get back all the 3 fireteams from that squad as a new unit ( w/o ) asset. 

Edit or can i also lets say summon 2 units of the killed squad (twice the amount) of models? Becuase its not really the model that die i summon its all new models. 

Bonus question because i just dont seem to find it anywhere. When hire a squad with script. Do i get the full unit for the cost or is the cost just for 1 fireteam in the squad so i need to pay it twice more for a full squad. I belive its quite obvious its a 1 price for full unit based on the prices compared to singel model fireteams but would like to see where it say in the rulebook

My reading of the endless numbers is that line saying you can summon any number of killed squads is that allows you to summon once for each squad killed, not that you can summon the same killed squad multiple times in the turn.

Bonus answer- The unit stat card tells you what a full unit is. I'm hiring it as a full unit. Why wouldn't I get everything?

When I hire a malifaux figure I expect it to come with full wounds, but there is nothing in the rule book that states this.  I think the common assumption is when you hire something you get the full thing as default. If this wasn't the case I would expect the rules to tell me otherwise.

Thank you solkan :)

adran, i have no figure game experience except from malifaux so multible bases with models are a new concept for me so i didnt know what to expect, i rather be 100% sure about something then just assume its like what i think. Are going to be teaching tos to other local players so i would love to be able to answer for most of all questions and back it up with a reference from the rule book. Im sorry if the question apperead to be so obvious to make fun of but i rather be stupid sure about something then ignorant and guessing.

For this case my assumtion was correct i just wonder if it said anywhere in the rulebook to support the assumption

thank you for a good answer on endless number thought

Sorry I wasn't making fun of the question, I was trying to give an equivalent situation to help it make sense. I agree its much better to ask a question, even if it seems stupid, to make sure you have the right answer.

Full marks to Solkan for finding the reference.   

On 1/4/2019 at 11:50 PM, Adran said:

Sorry I wasn't making fun of the question, I was trying to give an equivalent situation to help it make sense. I agree its much better to ask a question, even if it seems stupid, to make sure you have the right answer.

Full marks to Solkan for finding the reference.   

There were a couple of posters that used to hang in my local volunteer fire brigade station. One said “Stupid questions are easier to handle than stupid mistakes.” And the other said “The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask.” I have always thought those were good advice.

• Agree 1