Hamelin at ITC

Sanik

I heard that Hamelin is doing fantastic at the ITC - I am wondering what are the models they use with? Since the a&d nerf (not only the cost, but the fact that he can't be used for 2 strats) I am struggling to assemble a crew that can win...well agaist nico or deep. 

Genetally what hat is the list they using? Anyone know? 

• Like 1

Interesting question, i'm following this discussion.

I'd read in Awp, at Itc, some players tried to negate summoning rat engine, with some sniper like trapper or hans... do you think that's useful?

Also, i would like to ask you: is still A&D good in ours or is a risky investments? Anyway outcast have always some other good models to take quarters imo..

21 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

I'd read in Awp, at Itc, some players tried to negate summoning rat engine, with some sniper like trapper or hans... do you think that's useful?

If you want to do that reliably, you probably have to use Hans with Scout the Field. Otherwise competent Hamelin player will simply hide Obedient Wretch behind a wall/building. At ITC it indeed happened that someone exposed his Obedient Wretch and lost her on turn one, but I doubt he will ever make that mistake again.

• Like 1

Ashes and Dust in Ours is a bit risky. On the up side you are encouraging your opponent to spend their Ap on killing him (Something I normally don't bother doing unless I think I will get rid of it for good) which whilst is going to remove a large chunk of points from scoring, isn't going to remove a large chunk of points from playing. 

He isn't unplayable in this, but you do need to think a little more about how you use him. 

The ITC is a slightly strange event in that you have some sort of say about what faction you face, so you know if you're not facing one of those powerhouses. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I like A&D in Wagons but even that isn't set in stone these days. 

I've had opponents slow the rat engine down by sniper or blasts, but I figure the model/ap trade off is worth is usually worth it. The only time it's become an issue is when I lacked cards to summon two stolen. 

I tend to add a beater or two, and either midnight stalker or a few something else to run schemes. Benny frequently makes the cut, the other slot could be just about any of the outcast all stars depending on the other faction. 

• Like 2

I played two Hamlin players at ITC, one did use A&D in ply but he is still a power house the nerf has not stopped his killing power or survivability. In the other they took Nothing Beast which I think is a better choice. They also took Sue and midnight stalker. Both took pits and both killed a lot with bleeding / blight.  

In the second game I took Pandora with a lure list and tried to lure out the wretch turn one but my opponent got lucky and had placed some models in her path and she could not fit through the gap. 

Hamlin is still amazing in 2018 and activation control is still king, the addition of the Stalker and the better Nothing Beast with the ridiculousness of plague pits means I struggle to see how he can not win 90% of his games still.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, shakes1066 said:

Hamlin is still amazing in 2018 and activation control is still king, the addition of the Stalker and the better Nothing Beast with the ridiculousness of plague pits means I struggle to see how he can not win 90% of his games still.

His weakness probably being that he is the most batshit boring master in the faction.

Sure, you can solo tournaments, but boy is it tedious.

• Haha 3

I thought I'd find hamelin boring when I first started, but that hasn't been the case. To use the rats as activation control is easy. To manuever them where they are most effective is always a challenge to me. Particularly in GG18 where taking hamelin means giving up some points easily if you aren't careful with your engine. 

Never tried the nothing beast with hamelin yet. He seems to be gaining favor with quite a few masters these days. 

Nothing beast is great but can be easily countered. That's a big weakness in Tournament. 

Also to get max from NB a big cache is needed and I used to play with small cache.

A&D is great as always but started to be a little expansive and problematic for 3/5 strategies. Also its not very good for current meta.