Wave 5 Proxy Thread

PanzerHarris

Hi all,

Just wanted to start a thread to steal share proxy ideas for the unavailable wave 5 models. There's no release schedule for any of these yet and with the UK Nationals at the end of November, the time to get painting is now... 

Appreciate most people at the moment probably just use one model as another (Wardens subbing for Riot Breakers etc) but as someone who plays at events, I can't really do that!

Guild Investigators

The one I'm most happy with as an Investigator is this chap, Dodge from the Infamy Miniatures range; http://elementgames.co.uk/cult-steampunk-other-miniatures-games/infamy-miniatures/the-little-parliament/dodge

Looks suitably like a policeman investigating crimes.

Monster Hunters

I freely admit, I'm having a little fun with this one and using models based on Lara Croft and Alice. They may get more Malifaux weapons later. They're Survivors from Studio Miniatures; http://www.studiominiatures.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=3&Itemid=383

c9b002fe1bb0320831a8ae78670fdb6f_XL.jpg 

46dab725dcec21832ff6fc55e05fcea7_XL.jpg

Riot Breakers

These are causing problems. Getting hold of Hoffbots to convert is expensive and feels like a waste. The best things I've seen so far are Warmachine Cygnar Warjacks with shields, and I could mess around with a new head and some detailing, but I'd feel dirty buying those...

Domador des Cadaveres

These, I've drawn a blank on. There are voodoo models but they don't look very Spanish, and your generic necromancers don't cut it for me, and the only Spanish models I can find look like Zorro.

Help definitely needed here!

Any other cool ideas?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PanzerHarris said:

That's the limited edition alternate Performer - already a known Malifaux model sadly.

oh i didnt know that you cant use a model from mali as proxy :/ its dissapoiting if you just paint her skirt in red nad her face as skull no one whould argue who is she :) I always thought tha Desperate Mercenry with sword is a very good fit for male Witchling handler proxy and the other one as monster hunter. 

I'm planning to use the crooked dice not-doctor who line for some of mine.   2 of the doctor models as investigators and river song and captain Jack for monster hunters.  Depending on release dates I might replace them with something else, but as I have these lying around theyll do for now.

I was thinking about these for Domadors2282524-inquisition5.jpg

from Victoria miniatures.  Mainly because im a fan of Monty python. 

I'm trying to find a good Jury proxy for nationals as I don't think she'll be out before then.  Or at the very least will be out nationals weekend, don't think I'd be able to get her built based and painted before the first game.

• Like 1

A good Jury proxy?...oh dear, that's supposed to be one of the very easiest models to find. (But is that particular Warmahordes sculpt known for being poor quality, or something? Trying to siphon off sales by offering a better product? Or is it just an in-joke to hit back at the Neverborn-esque new models from them earlier this year?)

14 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

A good Jury proxy?...oh dear, that's supposed to be one of the very easiest models to find. (But is that particular Warmahordes sculpt known for being poor quality, or something? Trying to siphon off sales by offering a better product? Or is it just an in-joke to hit back at the Neverborn-esque new models from them earlier this year?)

For jury i would tak this guy from ww exodus

image.png.c4cceb62376d46d9fc371861e93e1c9c.png

• Like 2

I don't have an issue with Warmahordes per se, I just don't like the game. So buying a model for it does feel a touch hypocritical! Then again, if it's the best option, I'll crack on I guess.

Ah yes, Judge Stern from Wild West Exodus. I use him as a Guild version of Johan. Lovely model. When I saw it I knew I had to find a use for it...