Hoffman cyborg is amazing!

lame0

54 minutes ago, trikk said:

If it worked on non-Guild models the first thing I would take would be a reactivate Hoffman from Gracie...

True. Funny I didn't think of that but w.e kinda sad it doesn't work....

I mean if tavish could have been machine spirited it would have been great as well though

(Osa+ machine spirits + fast + 3 from base tavish) so sad :(

I was thinking aionus also but he is so expensive

25 minutes ago, trikk said:

Gracie, Hannah seem more useful. I don`t know what would be my third choice but I`d really consider Aionus.

Third would probably be Burt or Anna, both of whom would be above McTavish. Trappers might get there too, which reminds me that I should consider robonino.

1 hour ago, trikk said:

I really hope they cuddle his ranged damage track to 2/3/4 and make Burt lose the built in ram or something... I see those two all over the place.

I would hate that because then they would both be so bad in Gremlins -_-. We have almost no fast or debt to the guild so abusing them doesn't work at all in faction. I think they should be +1 ss cost as mercs.

I liked robo nino but  he's so bad if he loses support. (Could be good decent)

10 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Make it +2ss. I could probably still play him with Nellie occasionally.

Lol -_- I love how this has boiled down to a nerf Gremlins page....especially when I feel arcanists and outcasts are better... And got way more in wave 5. I guess it's pointless to try and talk about even other stuff on this forum...

7 minutes ago, lame0 said:

Lol -_- I love how this has boiled down to a nerf Gremlins page....especially when I feel arcanists and outcasts are better... And got way more in wave 5.

Aw c'mon, you brought them into the Guild discussions in the first place as baselines for what you want out of hiring cost! :P 

(Funny how I used to get all starry-eyed and jealous over Sparks, but now that I can do what he does I'm a lot less interested...)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lame0 said:

Lol -_- I love how this has boiled down to a nerf Gremlins page....especially when I feel arcanists and outcasts are better... And got way more in wave 5. I guess it's pointless to try and talk about even other stuff on this forum...

I`m not going to debate if AR or OC are better or not (it might very well be true). I will debate than Burt is way too cheap because he is. I also agree that due to the whole reckless stuff Gremlin players got meh stuff because for them anything that doesn`t have reckless is meh ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lame0 said:

I would hate that because then they would both be so bad in Gremlins -_-. We have almost no fast or debt to the guild so abusing them doesn't work at all in faction. I think they should be +1 ss cost as mercs.

I liked robo nino but  he's so bad if he loses support. (Could be good decent)

And here I thought Iron skeeters could give him fast while pushing him up for the alpha and Som'ers regular skeeters could give him extra rams on all duels granting him sick melee damage or whatever trigger you fancy on his attacks as well as an automatic riposte if you miss him. :) Not interested in discussing gremlin balance here and now but Burt is pretty damn good in gremlins as well.

Now i don't want to flog a dead horse, because i am wholly on the side of "Discard does not mean the same as Remove", but cus the Kamaitachi has an ability that says (Shortened down to laziness) "...has an upgrade Discarded (or otherwise removed)...." does this lend any weight to my argument?

If they WERE the same, why would they need to add in that extra part of the ability text?

9 minutes ago, Mr Janje said:

Now i don't want to flog a dead horse, because i am wholly on the side of "Discard does not mean the same as Remove", but cus the Kamaitachi has an ability that says (Shortened down to laziness) "...has an upgrade Discarded (or otherwise removed)...." does this lend any weight to my argument?

If they WERE the same, why would they need to add in that extra part of the ability text?

Because Wyrd doesn`t have consistent wording. There are 2 Casting Expert Wordings even though they are exactly the same.

• Like 3

That ability is clarifying our stance that discards can be worded in several ways. The parenthesis is saying "we used the word discard but if you were unsure we equate that to anything that removes it from the model". If it said Discarded or Removed in the same sentence using capitalized letters it would support that they were different game term with slightly different functions.

quick question for attaching the targeting system doesn't this faq kind of mean that I could put targeting system on anything that a wastrel targets with his (2) action? Seems pretty clear that it only cares about the ability or action that attaches it...... weird but clear.

38) Some Actions/Abilities allow models to attach Upgrades during the game. Do these Actions/Abilities need to adhere to the restrictions listed on the Upgrade, or can they be attached to any model? Upgrade restrictions only affect the hiring process, and have no in game effect, so these Upgrades may be attached to any model. If there are any restrictions they will be noted in the Action or Ability’s description. It is worth noting some such Actions and Abilities bother noting “ignoring restrictions” but this is simply reminder text which was put on when there was space available.

12 minutes ago, lame0 said:

quick question for attaching the targeting system doesn't this faq kind of mean that I could put targeting system on anything that a wastrel targets with his (2) action? Seems pretty clear that it only cares about the ability or action that attaches it...... weird but clear.

38) Some Actions/Abilities allow models to attach Upgrades during the game. Do these Actions/Abilities need to adhere to the restrictions listed on the Upgrade, or can they be attached to any model? Upgrade restrictions only affect the hiring process, and have no in game effect, so these Upgrades may be attached to any model. If there are any restrictions they will be noted in the Action or Ability’s description. It is worth noting some such Actions and Abilities bother noting “ignoring restrictions” but this is simply reminder text which was put on when there was space available.

The restrictions listed are the hiring restrictions at the bottom of the card like rare X or [master's name] or [station]. Those can be ignored. The text on the upgrade preventing it from being discarded is not an upgrade restriction but further rules text that you can't ignore.