New nekima upgrade.

Kaptain_Konrad

It sure would be in theme with Nekima (or more precisely, the Black Blood Shaman co.), although the balance of it all would need to be tested. Giving the bloodwretches an added way to appear on the table might make them more desireable if they had such connection with a crew.

That being said, it would have to be checked in case of domino-effects with Grow, Mature and Rapid Growth abilities/upgrades that could lead in multiple summons from the same kill. No idea if it would be any good down the road though. That upgrade would compete with The True Mother, as well.

To be fair, Grow works mechanically because in the fluff it can be accelerated. Rapid Growth and Black Blood Shamans abilities reflect that. Converting someone into a half breed isn't as fast.

That said, I'd love to see an upgrade for Nekima that interacts with half breeds. Unfortunately they didn't make a new tag for the half breed Nephilim, and just gave them the Nephilim tag, so new interactions around them is harder to do.

edit - edited out the part about psitives to attack flips outside of their activation. That was Corrupted Hounds.

Breaking someone down and reconditioning them into a witchling takes months in a special facility according to the stories yet Sonnia can summon stalkers in the game so I wouldn't say the story would prevent it. I'd say it clashing with growth would be a stronger reason against it.

Do we know if there wilo be hencjman upgrades or is this wild speculation?

8 hours ago, -Loki- said:

To be fair, Grow works mechanically because in the fluff it can be accelerated. Rapid Growth and Black Blood Shamans abilities reflect that. Converting someone into a half breed isn't as fast.

To be fair, Seamus can turn a dead Razorspine Rattler into a Dead Doxy and a Taxidermist can turn a dead Nekima into a Stuffed Piglet :D 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Breaking someone down and reconditioning them into a witchling takes months in a special facility according to the stories yet Sonnia can summon stalkers in the game so I wouldn't say the story would prevent it. I'd say it clashing with growth would be a stronger reason against it.

Do we know if there wilo be hencjman upgrades or is this wild speculation?

Just thoughts that seemed fun and fluffy. 

Would be interesting if they added a generic enforcer that once per game if she killed an enforcer, could summon a helfbreed enforcer. Would that make it potentially equal with normal grow.

It'd also be a way to see the Scion on the table more often.

Now how about reversing that. Instead of creating a wretch or scion from the enemy's dead model,  how about turning your own non-nephilim living models into hybrids?

Say, turning a Desperate Mercenary (aka captured slave)  into a bloodwretch is not too far-fetched, fluff wise. The encounter could merely push the tormented Mercenary over the edge.

Not sure what would be the requirement, but it could be if it kills an enemy model, you could spend a card to have it transform into a Blood wretchs (like the last step of that process), or a Scion (for an additional cost).

• 2 weeks later...

If blood wretches became more useful, like summoned with Nekima, you'd get people begging for a small box of them rather than buying the 2 player set. Not that this is a reason to avoid it, but it would cause some discontent for some people feeling like they were "being made to buy the 2-player set" for the wretches and/or scion.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a scion alt-sculpt and a bit of a boost to his condition removal so I actually felt like he'd be useful in a Lilith crew... even if the upgrade was on Nekima to do it.

Maybe instead of a summon, an upgrade usable by any Nephilim enforcer or henchman that gives them a (0) action to pseudo-obey a model that suffered damage from Black Blood that turn?  Or like the new Colette upgrade, lets you use that model's first action during its activation.  Kind of to represent the Black Blood driving them crazy.

On 30/08/2017 at 0:20 AM, Philosfr said:

If blood wretches became more useful, like summoned with Nekima, you'd get people begging for a small box of them rather than buying the 2 player set. Not that this is a reason to avoid it, but it would cause some discontent for some people feeling like they were "being made to buy the 2-player set" for the wretches and/or scion.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a scion alt-sculpt and a bit of a boost to his condition removal so I actually felt like he'd be useful in a Lilith crew... even if the upgrade was on Nekima to do it.

This is already a problem with the model range. You can't get the henchmen in the crew boxes separately, so people who want, say, Trixibelle need to buy Mah Tuckets box, which has the least regarded minions and until recently, the least regarded master in the faction in it. Even worse with something like Ophelias or Perditas boxes where nothing is available separately, both of which have very popular henchmen and some semi popular enforcers.

I don't see a problem with the models in the 2 player box being worth using. 

I do not want her to get a new upgrade, I want her to die or defect in the next book and join another faction. In fact broken promises seems to be setting up master or henchmen to move to other factions or loose dual faction status.

Think of Nekima getting killed by the new and improved Lilith and then Nekima becoming a new resur master leading an army of undead nephilims with Hayreddin. I know I speak of heresy....  Also I am not a huge fan of adding another master just yet, may be in 2 years.