How to Mei Feng?

FinalForm

yes assimilating railwalk is proving to be not as easy as I thought

what you could do I guess is move the mech piggies once and then stop, use the mech piggies scrap marker to make mei feng a robot and then go from there. but then your own moving the mech piggie once, so your just slowing mei feng and the piggy down to speed lazzy up? not sure thats worth it

1 hour ago, dannydb said:

yes assimilating railwalk is proving to be not as easy as I thought

what you could do I guess is move the mech piggies once and then stop, use the mech piggies scrap marker to make mei feng a robot and then go from there. but then your own moving the mech piggie once, so your just slowing mei feng and the piggy down to speed lazzy up? not sure thats worth it

I'm not sure trying to Assimilate Mei's actions is that great in the first place. But if you want to make it work, I second @spooky_squirrel's idea that the potential extra stack of Vent Steam is probably one of the most compelling reasons reasons to do it (if your opponent brings range). This doesn't require you to meet as many TNs as setting up a Railwalk, and it makes him a really tough bunker. You put enemies on :-fate without Mei using any AP herself, while Lazarus sits pretty wailing away with Auto Fire.

In my opinion, Lazarus copying Railwalking serves two main purposes:

Escaping combat during his own activation. 
Angelica or the Captain can push him, but then your opponent is allowed to activate next and can simply Walk or Charge with a model to engage him again. Using Railwalk here lets him get away so that he can remove Accusation, for example, or to get back in range of an objective, or simply to shoot the right target.

Getting an angle on a particularly important target.
Because Railwalk essentially gives Lazarus up to 7"-9" free movement depending on the size of the construct he jumps to, it allows him to dramatically reposition himself so that he can shoot at previously hidden/entrenched enemies without giving them a chance to find cover or escape LoS

While it has the potential to be outstanding, it is by no means cheap and I believe it should be used sparingly and opportunistically rather than every turn. If you have to cheat to succeed Spark's action and your Railwalk and then discard for Auto Fire, you've used half your hand already.

• Like 1

For less effort (and hiring something non-peon, non-master that has the Beast characteristic), you could put Blade and Claw on Lazarus. That would also give him a considerable amount of reach. You would want to have Hoarcat Prides or Poison Gamin (who also are constructs, so there's potential there) for him to use as nodes. That would grant him a (0) that he could use to bounce around as well. That would put less emphasis on trying to make Mei Feng a construct to copy her ability, so if the only thing that Sparks succeeds in doing is speeding up Lazarus, great! Place, walk, auto-fire. It also takes the reliance off of Sparks, Mei Feng, and Lazarus being near enough to each other to pull it off and still having a construct to bounce to.

With B&C, it's all self-contained except for having the Beast model to swap locations with, and that frees up your order of operations a great deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spooky_squirrel said:

For less effort (and hiring something non-peon, non-master that has the Beast characteristic), you could put Blade and Claw on Lazarus. That would also give him a considerable amount of reach. You would want to have Hoarcat Prides or Poison Gamin (who also are constructs, so there's potential there) for him to use as nodes. That would grant him a (0) that he could use to bounce around as well. That would put less emphasis on trying to make Mei Feng a construct to copy her ability, so if the only thing that Sparks succeeds in doing is speeding up Lazarus, great! Place, walk, auto-fire. It also takes the reliance off of Sparks, Mei Feng, and Lazarus being near enough to each other to pull it off and still having a construct to bounce to.

With B&C, it's all self-contained except for having the Beast model to swap locations with, and that frees up your order of operations a great deal.

this is a great idea, i guess the scorpius would be the most on theam and could be both blade and clawed and rail walked to as needed! I guess there are other beasts that could be use, raptors (for getting laz up on top of buildings) hoarcats 

3 minutes ago, dannydb said:

this is a great idea, i guess the scorpius would be the most on theam and could be both blade and clawed and rail walked to as needed! I guess there are other beasts that could be use, raptors (for getting laz up on top of buildings) hoarcats 

Malifaux Raptors are peons so you can't use them directly with Blade and Claw but their attack does have a tomes trigger that gives another model the Beast trait. 

does blade and claw have to be friendly beasts?

i now just want to try using a raptors to pull rail golems in to the middle of enemy formations and really puny enemies hiding in the middle of formations in to my claws

I've completely derailed this thread haven't I- its gone from how to mei-feng to how to do cheesy tricks possibly in a meifeng gang

9 minutes ago, dannydb said:

i now just want to try using a raptors to pull rail golems in to the middle of enemy formations and really puny enemies hiding in the middle of formations in to my claws

That won't work. Raptors are peons. Blade and Claw excludes them as legal targets.

3 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Blade and Claw targets a friendly, non-master, non-peon beast. It allows a friendly, non-master, non-peon construct to swap. 

:-(

Just now, WWHSD said:

That won't work. Raptors are peons. Blade and Claw excludes them as legal targets.

was thinking making using raptors to make things beasts- i guess i could spend time making my own constucts beasts- mean non master i can't turn mei feng in to a beast and blade and claw off her and then rail walk up 

hang on is the porkchop a beast?

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

I thought a list of all beasts was "anything plus a Malifaux raptor"?

As far as I'm concerned this is the case. My list of beasts fielded include Joss and Johan.

2 hours ago, WWHSD said:

To derail things even more, Blade and Claw drops two scheme markers while it is doing its thing. If you had everything in the right spot then an Enforcer with Well Rehearsed could get a pair of 2 inch pushes out of it.  

It only drops the one to mark the place of the first model to move. That being said, it is a scheme marker, so if you have Well Rehearsed on a model that's not part of the swap, you could get an additional push out of it. You know, just in case your opponent isn't already wondering what kind of "find the lady" trick is about to hit them.

• Like 1

Mei Feng is probably my favourite arcanist master - she can be hyper aggressive with fast charges or very defensive with her vent steam. 

crew I regularly run is:

mei feng - vapourmancy, seismic claws, price of progress

joss - bleeding edge tech, imbued energies

kang - hard work, imbued energies

emberling

willie

arcane effigy

2 rail workers

couple of things with this crew, mei feng can speed up rail workers by punching them and using built in trigger to push (and then maybe punch the other one) then as long as they activate within joss aura they get to heal.

also when railwalking you can still get 3 (2 if using above tactic) vent steams off by triggering the free kick to a rail worker and throwing in a low tome, the rail worker will again then heal when it activates next as long s joss is near enough

• Like 1

Since we're talking Raptors - here's a fun trick with Mei Feng. Seismic Claws Pushes away enemies and then lets you attack another enemy nearby. Drop a Raptor behind the enemies in such a way that they don't have room to be Pushed away and then Mei can hit them in perpetuity as long as she keeps landing the hits. Combine with a Charge from the Mech Pork's Aura and you will keep getting those positives to Attack.

• Like 4