What's your idea you can't wait to try?

4thstringer

6 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I want to try Taelor against Ashes and Dust.  If I can force the Core summon, I can take it out before it can even activate (probably blow a soulstone to ignore armor)

Activate with Nellie and Fast. Use Debt. Kill AnD, Kill Core :P

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rathnard said:

Just one at the moment;

Nellie, a printing press and 11 Field Reporters.

I call it the Malifaux Press Corps. :) 

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I've gotta hear how that goes.  

If they do their jobs well, everyone in Malifaux will hear how that goes (in glorious four-color print!). :P

• Like 2

I used her twice vs McMourning at the ITC. Once she killed Sebastian and gave me 3 VP for SoF. Second Time she killed like 2 dogs, 1 minion but had blocked a large chunk of the map from my enemy which gave me a 10:7 win. I used her with Numb because I wanted to see McMourning cry :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another game, another time Ryle flips the black joker. *sigh* At least it beats the tournament game last weekend where he flipped it three turns in a row. In melee.

He did, at least, find the red joker on damage at a different point and punch a slightly wounded Fingers into the middle of next week.

My opponent had announced Brewmaster ahead of time and doesn't own many gremlins so I made some last minute suboptimal choices...and so did he. Achieved a Df10 Wp8 Hoffman sitting in the Drinking Contest bubble into Eliminate the Leadership. (I was most careful to ditch my tomes in hand ASAP this time.) Next time I'll play the proper shooty list...but standing under a Ml7 flurry for awhile and getting giggly as it had no discernible effect was fun once.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Another game, another time Ryle flips the black joker. *sigh* At least it beats the tournament game last weekend where he flipped it three turns in a row. In melee.

He did, at least, find the red joker on damage at a different point and punch a slightly wounded Fingers into the middle of next week.

My opponent had announced Brewmaster ahead of time and doesn't own many gremlins so I made some last minute suboptimal choices...and so did he. Achieved a Df10 Wp8 Hoffman sitting in the Drinking Contest bubble into Eliminate the Leadership. (I was most careful to ditch my tomes in hand ASAP this time.) Next time I'll play the proper shooty list...but standing under a Ml7 flurry for awhile and getting giggly as it had no discernible effect was fun once.

How did you get Hoffman up to DF10?  I've had him at DF8 from Fank and powerloop.  What am I missing?  I want a DF10 Hoffman in my life asap :P

21 hours ago, skoatz said:

How did you get Hoffman up to DF10?  I've had him at DF8 from Fank and powerloop.  What am I missing?  I want a DF10 Hoffman in my life asap :P

Whiskey golem + On Sight Assimilation = an engineer who simply cannot stop giggling. Although that may have been the liquor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Whiskey golem + On Sight Assimilation = a engineer who simply cannot stop giggling. Although that may have been the liquor.

Ahhh that makes sense now.  That would be sight to behold.  One of these days, I'll trick a Gremlins player into playing me and to also bring the whiskey golem!  That's a tall order, but who could say no to Df 10 Hoffman?

3 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Thalarian stone?

I accounted for that in the Wp calculation...but not the Df one now that you mention it. Give them both a temporary spike to Df12 (thus putting Phiona into third place at Df10).

I'm still at a loss to figure out the adversarial Wp accumulator, but I'll get there!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I accounted for that in the Wp calculation...but not the Df one now that you mention it. Give them both a temporary spike to Df12 (thus putting Phiona into third place at Df10).

I'm still at a loss to figure out the adversarial Wp accumulator, but I'll get there!

I guess you already have an Oiran?

You still didn't spill the beans on your recipe.

I would try to add the stone's boost first, to make it legal.

Also, I worked out Wp28 and that took an embarrassingly long time given its conditions. :unsure: Oiran doesn't work here, nor does the stone, but I had used both before in the self-contained calculation. Same crew, either way.

• Like 1

So I have a new one to try.  Actually 2 versions of the same list.   One uses lawyers and changelings to spam fees.  The second creates a lawyer inhanced by frank and a guardian and then tries to put out a bunch of fees first and second turn. 

I don't think it will work, and I'll revisit it once we get the wave five models.

A couple more.   Now I know I should know better than to build a crew around a ca 5 attack that doesn't work if they aren't in cover or if they have condition removal, but Im feeling kinda crazy.....

One list is a three wall list that second turn abandons the walls to put burning on everyone with the emissary  using witch hunt and then shoot them with sam and sonnia.   No idea how it will score points. 

The second is a list with witch hunt

The other is a sam with witch hunt,  with changelings and the emissary to give plus flips to the changelings attacks.  All the burning you can shake a stick at.  Abd a handler behind them for more burning. 

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

The other is a sam with witch hunt,  with changelings and the emissary to give plus flips to the changelings attacks.  All the burning you can shake a stick at.  Abd a handler behind them for more burning. 

The Handler doesn't increase the burning inflicted by Burn Them Out.

• Like 1