Marcus, Alpha and Obey

Fictor

Hi dudes!

Have a big question... when a model fails horror duel in his activation this model doesn't paralizes rather than this model ends his activation... ok... 

So why i read in other threads you can do 'Obey' in a model to do intentionally a horror duel and loss it, for example vs Ama no Zako and paralize him for devour? I can do the same whit marcus and Alpha vs a Rattler?

Thx for all!!!

Best regards.

When you fail a horror duel, regardless of whose activation it is, you gain the Paralysed condition. If you gain the Paralysed condition during your activation, it immediately ends your activation, and then removes Paralysed. Since Obey makes you take an action outside your activation, if the obeyed model fails a horror duel, the Paralysed condition sticks around and cancels its next activation. But Alpha makes Marcus control the model's activation, so it is during a model's activation, so if the Alpha-ed model gains Paralysed then, it will just immediately end the activation and remove Paralysed, so you can't use Alpha to set up devour.

• Like 3

I have a somehow related question. Suppose that Marcus alphas a beast with the paralyzed condition. This beast in a normal activation without the paralyzed condition would have two APs. Does the beast have two APs during the alpha? I would say yes, but I'd like a confirmation. My reasoning is the following. Alpha states that "this Activation does not count as the target's Activation this turn", while the definition of paralyzed on page 52 states that "a model with the Paralyzed condition generates no AP and can declare no Actions during its Activation". Since it is not its Activation, the beast has two APs for the alpha. Is this correct?

I also have the same question with slow. Would you have one or two APs for the alpha?

37 minutes ago, Franchute said:

I have a somehow related question. Suppose that Marcus alphas a beast with the paralyzed condition. This beast in a normal activation without the paralyzed condition would have two APs. Does the beast have two APs during the alpha? I would say yes, but I'd like a confirmation. My reasoning is the following. Alpha states that "this Activation does not count as the target's Activation this turn", while the definition of paralyzed on page 52 states that "a model with the Paralyzed condition generates no AP and can declare no Actions during its Activation". Since it is not its Activation, the beast has two APs for the alpha. Is this correct?

I also have the same question with slow. Would you have one or two APs for the alpha?

Alpha considers the beast to be activating for almost all intents and purposes. The line about not counting as it's activation is there to clarify that you still get to activate it properly that turn, but alpha is still doing an activatio so you will proc anything that procs on activation. Alphaing it would make you "waste" the alpha to remove paralyzed. If you try and obey a paralyzed model you can't do anything since paralyzed models can't take actions for any reason, check out the latest faq about paralyzed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Alpha considers the beast to be activating for almost all intents and purposes. The line about not counting as it's activation is there to clarify that you still get to activate it properly that turn, but alpha is still doing an activatio so you will proc anything that procs on activation. Alphaing it would make you "waste" the alpha to remove paralyzed. If you try and obey a paralyzed model you can't do anything since paralyzed models can't take actions for any reason, check out the latest faq about paralyzed.

Of course, with the new FAQ, this is perfectly clear. Thanks. I guess something similar happens with the slow condition.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Yeah, you would activate and generste one less ap and then clear slow at the end of the alpha activation.

Yup. One of my most common Alpha's is to turn Myranda into the cerberus, Alpha to leap/walk, and then activate to leap/charge and get eating. Gives an outrageous range (particularly when you consider Myranda can walk 12 and then turn into a Cerberus), which is very good for taking out squishy things which are hiding.