Purifying Flame Fix?

Surrealistik

Maybe if it applied burning the way the Chihuahua applies Poison?

Probably OP, but it's an option...

EDIT: I like it alright as it stands as a blasting off point and potential battery for healing/drawing cards. If it had Aionus' Ca resistance instead of/in addition to Incorporeal it would work a lot better in that role.

15 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Maybe if it applied burning the way the Chihuahua applies Poison?

Probably OP, but it's an option...

EDIT: I like it alright as it stands as a blasting off point and potential battery for healing/drawing cards. If it had Aionus' Ca resistance instead of/in addition to Incorporeal it would work a lot better in that role.

You think that would be OP versus the Child as a baseline? I'm not so sure.

I'm not sure why you think it's alright as it stands though; being effectively a one time use ignite + Effigy fodder has nothing on Child.

Generally I feel that if you want to rival the Child's value, you need something that helps Sonnia stay safe while nuking shit (i.e. fulfills the 2nd fire wall's function), and is able to do so repeatedly; I think my idea manages to achieve this.

• Like 1

Having the flame automatically put stuff on fire would be nice! I always thought it should be considered to always have burning itself since it is a giant flame. Using it as a flashlight for Sonnia would be thematic and give a good niche that actually competes with the walls without being the exact same thing. Possibly making it immune to damage from Sonnia herself since she is casting her magical fire on her own magical fire. It should probably heal instead of suffer damage from that...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Having the flame automatically put stuff on fire would be nice! I always thought it should be considered to always have burning itself since it is a giant flame. Using it as a flashlight for Sonnia would be thematic and give a good niche that actually competes with the walls without being the exact same thing. Possibly making it immune to damage from Sonnia herself since she is casting her magical fire on her own magical fire. It should probably heal instead of suffer damage from that...

That's also a neat idea; I'll write up a concept for it.

The only things I have some reservation about are A: its fragility (it probably needs some kind of respawn/resummon feature), and B: its inability to trigger Brutal Effigy's benefits.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a9pMoXL_Mj5WrvwRZCxsUODrfDyDqmJkksBfGVqvvj0/edit#bookmark=id.3qic7fe3ug2c

The Living Fire - 0 SS

Guild Upgrade

This Upgrade can be attached to Totems.

* This model gains the following Abilities:

Living Flame:  At the end of Turn, instead of ending this model’s Burning Condition, this model gains Burning X, where X is equal to the value of this model’s Burning Condition (minimum 1). You may then have each model within Aura 3 gain Burning X.  

Hunter’s Ward: Whenever this model would be damaged by a friendly Witch Hunter model, you may reduce that damage to 0.

Burning Will: When this model is killed, it may reduce its Burning value by 3 if it’s at least 3, or discard a card or Soulstone. If it does, summon Purifying Flame in base contact with this Crew’s Leader at the end of Turn with this upgrade attached, then deal 2 damage to this summoned model that cannot be reduced and it gains Burning +1.

Restrictions:

Purifying Flame

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Surrealistik said:

On the flipside, Sonnia would be suffering pretty badly without it.

IMO the solution is to uplift her totem, not cuddle the child.

I'm just going to say that I disagree that Sonnia is Bad without double Flame walls. I've seen her played very well without the Flamewall upgrade at all, and with multple event wins from playing that way. 

It might be that for your play style she needs 2 sets of flame walls to function, but that isn't true for everyone. 

• Like 1

It's possible to succeed without flame walls, but they bring so much to the table (literally and figuratively) for their cost I'm not sure why you'd want to. I mean yeah, you might struggle to get mileage if there are huge gaps between terrain pieces and terrain is very sparse in general, but even then they can be very useful for cockblocking and interrupting sight lines/movement, and you've still got Dampening.

In general, it's like not fielding Austringers; yeah you could, and you could still win, but why?

• Like 1