Voodoo Doll Question

wobbly_goggy

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked a million times...

I was testing Zoraida (in Gremlin faction, admittedly) the other day, and came up against a possible issue (or not):

Voodoo Doll cast Hem on a Terror Tot.

Voodoo Doll charged Terror Tot, inflicted a wound.

This caused Black Blood from Terror Tot.

This in turn inflicted a wound on the Voodoo Doll.

...We stopped here...

Should we have continued? Further wound causes wound via Hem which causes Black Blood etc etc etc?

(EDIT: just realised there is a separate rules discussion area (was that there before?), please can this be deleted/moved there?)

• Like 1

- Sewn Fate: Whenever an enemy Voodoo Doll suffers damage, this model suffers the same amount of damage (damage suffered in this way may not exceed the Voodoo Doll's current remaining Wounds). Whenever an enemy Voodoo Doll gains a Condition, this model gains the same Condition.

- Black Blood: All models without Black Blood within (1" pulse) suffer 1 damage when this model suffers damage.

Huh, bit of a corner-case, but man that sounds vicious. Could be a solid counter to Molly or any of the nephilim (or Killjoy :D). As far as rules as intended... I dunno, wyrd doesn't tend to have too many infinite combos or superlative wordings, but unless there's an errata, that's how I would play it with rules as written.

I feel that will get FAQ'd. I remember something like this coming up in the open early for book 2 with some other model where black blood and another ability basically interacted to melt the particular models down in exactly this manner, though I can't exactly remember which models they were. I do remember this exact situation was brought up and it was changed. I doubt very highly they would allow this effect to remain in the game after already stamping it out once.

I've seen that come up (a long time ago) and be treated as a feedback loop. Stops when the doll runs out of wounds though. 

Might seem a bit over the top that it does straight 6 damage to anything with Black blood (unless they can nip it in the bud with a Soulstone) but considering how horrible getting cursed by the Doll is in general I'm not sure it's an issue. 

That's a lovely trick to have in mind! 

I don't think it needs nor will get errata'd. Too tricky to rewrite any of the rules involved and trying to write in some sort of cap on the damage would also cause issues. It's easier to just let this extremely corner case thing keep being potent since it doesn't break anything else.

For anyone with a love of gimicky stuff you could take a black blood shaman to apply black blood to anyone. It's even better if two or more models are near each other ;) 

Edit: Holy crap, both hem and the ritual knife is stat 7!  I amso trying this!

That's a lovely trick to have in mind! 

I don't think it needs nor will get errata'd. Too tricky to rewrite any of the rules involved and trying to write in some sort of cap on the damage would also cause issues. It's easier to just let this extremely corner case thing keep being potent since it doesn't break anything else.

For anyone with a love of gimicky stuff you could take a black blood shaman to apply black blood to anyone. It's even better if two or more models are near each other ;) 

Edit: Holy crap, both hem and the ritual knife is stat 7!  I amso trying this!

I think the real question is what the hell would happen if you used the shaman to give the Doll and their target both Black Blood. :huh:

Wasn't there an FAQ about not being able to have an ability and condition of the same name. I think it came up after a black blood shaman gave Lelu (and Lilitu) the condition.

That's covered by the rule book, page 53, point two in the stacking box.

The black blood related thing that was FAQed was that the BBS' Black Blood Pustule action on works on the Black Blood ability, not the Black Blood condition.

Time ago I suffered a loop from the doll on a wounded Nekima (my opponent playing a swamp. Zoraida and me  a neph. Lilith). Nekima died with the doll and bring with her also a wounded Waldgeist. So Nekima at full life can be used as a Bomb if she lands 1" close to a linked doll and close to other opponent models :D:D

The doubt is that during the loop she could summon a tot (black blood ability may trigger both the The True Mother abilities), it was not clear to us when the tot were summoned. If during the loop it could die immediately if 1" from Nekima (2 wound and no black blood ability) or if summoned at the end of the loop.

I hope a FAQ from Wyrd too, too powerful and strange loop in my opinion ;)

3 hours ago, Peppi said:

The doubt is that during the loop she could summon a tot (black blood ability may trigger both the The True Mother abilities), it was not clear to us when the tot were summoned. If during the loop it could die immediately if 1" from Nekima (2 wound and no black blood ability) or if summoned at the end of the loop.

The Terror Tot doesn't lose Black Blood when summoned by Born of Blood, it's just that the 2 damage taken from Born of Blood doesn't trigger Black Blood. So it wont die from standing near Nekima.