Lucius is back?!?

4thstringer

TL;DR Get the impression people think he's awesome.

I've only played two games of M2E, one with McMourning and one with Lucius. 

He's not a good introduction to the game no matter what his potential level of power is. He's too tricksy and difficult to use while simultaneously trying to wrap your head around the weird card mechanics and multiple model interactions. I had to play against Lilith in both games, and McMourning was a powerhouse by comparison even when I only just started figuring out how he worked and accidentally poisoned my nurses with the chihuahua. 

I'm thinking that for new players he's a bad plan, and starting Guild players should look into LJ, Criid, and Perdita.

Fun models though, which is why I got them, and I can use four of the models from the boxed set with my McMourning, so all good.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

So has anyone had a chance to try out Dashel with his new upgrade?  I just snagged the upgrade deck, so I may just try it out this weekend.

I used it once.  It didn't seem horrible.  The crit strike makes daschels gun more useful and the summon effect I'd such that you often will win the duel and they will waste a high card to stop or try to stop the summons.  It feels like it should be really good in interference.

• Like 1

I like it.  As a Lucius player, getting more minions on the table is always good as I start to run low in later turns!  Plus you can summon into base contact but then pop them out to a nearby scheme marker for free when activating due to Investigate, allowing you to do some marker clearing or run away past the enemy line to plant your own.  Also remember that the summoned Guardsmen is likely to be close enough to Dashel to focus for a (0) which can make him not terrible in attack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jam Warrior said:

I like it.  As a Lucius player, getting more minions on the table is always good as I start to run low in later turns!  Plus you can summon into base contact but then pop them out to a nearby scheme marker for free when activating due to Investigate, allowing you to do some marker clearing or run away past the enemy line to plant your own.  Also remember that the summoned Guardsmen is likely to be close enough to Dashel to focus for a (0) which can make him not terrible in attack.

Remember no interacts the turn a model is summoned. 

I find Dashel upgrade makes him not seem like a wasted model, but you still need to design a list around him if you want to include him.

If you go with the standard rifleman + Dashel combo the rifleman outrange Dashel's abilities and since he needs to babysit the rifleman I find the upgrade doesn't really change him.

If you go more with Wardens though so Dashel can be more mobile the upgrade comes in handy. Still I wouldn't take Dashel unless I'm planning on taking a guard list

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wizuriel said:

I find Dashel upgrade makes him not seem like a wasted model, but you still need to design a list around him if you want to include him.

If you go with the standard rifleman + Dashel combo the rifleman outrange Dashel's abilities and since he needs to babysit the rifleman I find the upgrade doesn't really change him.

If you go more with Wardens though so Dashel can be more mobile the upgrade comes in handy. Still I wouldn't take Dashel unless I'm planning on taking a guard list

Dashel can be four inches in front of the Rifleman and still provide all his buffs...

Dashel and Wardens is still a great combo. Ditto Dashel and a Pathfinder for maximum board clogging summons. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I tend to take both Riflemen and Wardens with Dashel.  He hangs back with the riflemen for the first couple of turns while they have good early sniping targets, then moves forward to support the Wardens and summon Guardsmen when the lines clash.  Bonus points if he can manage a spot in the middle ground to do both!

'I would only take Dashel in a Guardsman list,' is kind of of an obvious point.  His whole thing is being a Guardsman buffer, of course his value is going to be severely affected by how many Guardsman you have for his lovely passive buffs to affect.

• 2 weeks later...

Terracotta seems amazing, if you're taking the doppel, just throw in the terracotta and exchange the Surprisingly Loyal upgrade to something more usable first turn! Secret Assets with Vengeance bullet gives Lucius a shot of one-time pow (8 dmg on a severe with a lil' help)! Fun times

11 minutes ago, horvagab said:

Hm, out of curiosity, what do we think of Field Reporters? Not sure if they have any specific synergy with Guild Lucius, but I just like the idea of the Secretary beign followed by a cadre reporters who will write what he tells them to write.

Their attacks aren't good enough to be worth of Lucius' AP, but they are good enough to make it to practically any Guild list if there are many scheme marker schemes in the pool.

• Like 1